yeah, what he said...
chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:28 PM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
968 Posts
Well T, if your headers weigh 13.7 a side, I was well over when I said I figured they would weigh less than 15g more than the plastic ones. With all the screws the plastic ones weigh 9.98 a side. Unpainted. Admittedly you don't need to use all or in fact any of the screws or the flange but that still gives you over 7.5g. That's a difference of 12.4g across the two between plastic and brass. To be fair I did say 15g or even less. And if 12.4g is enough to make the difference between a self-righting boat and one that doesn't, then I'm in the wrong game!

As for the colour, it has to be white. I'm sure 7car7 would agree. The ceramic (looks like various shades of stainless) look is fine for Oz sprint boats but their exhaust systems look completely different. And before Chi takes me to task, I think chrome is the only way to go on a lake speeder. But for your type of motor there's only a choice between white and whatever's in second place. At least that's what prompted my choice of white for mine.
madbugger is offline Find More Posts by madbugger
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:41 PM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
968 Posts
Got my new headers today. 15 days is a big improvement on previous deliveries of losi headers from the US. If I want more I will definitely be going to this shop again http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Losi-New-H...item2a28589f04

now all I have to do is completely rework them. As I've said before, my Steve boat will feature something closer to an authentic Oz sprint engine than the last one..
madbugger is offline Find More Posts by madbugger
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:05 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
6,809 Posts
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:33 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
610 Posts
Cheers Mad, the weight was not too much with the headers no, but I'm gonna need to shave off some of the shoe glue once it's fully cured lol. I'll weigh the full lid tomorrow after I'm done.

look forward to what you have coming along with the new boat
Tiernan85 is online now Find More Posts by Tiernan85
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:02 PM
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
E, number 1, where are you from? 2, the kmb is too tall to fit in the nqd..if you want to use a kmb in the nqd, Steve, at sicrc, modifies the kmb to fit INTO the kmb, he also has them in stock..they require specific machining one a cnc mill to fit the boat, plus, the inlet hole must be enlarged..

He can be contacted directly at, stevedales@gmail.com

This is the boat running a kmb, on 2S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdtjO...=ULjuiTWLofFQs
Im from indonesia chi..
U mean i need buy the hull from steve? And steve also sell the KMB jet?
Yes, i have purchase the modified jet from steve before, and now its on my way to my home..
Ok i will talk to steve, thanks again chi
edri is offline Find More Posts by edri
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:50 AM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundogz View Post
[B]
BTW, I bought that new jetdrive listed on ebay with the three extra impellers. I couldn't resist that price for a 48mm jet! We'll see how it's made. It's too new for any forum reviews, so it might as well be me putting it through the paces.

I recently found/bought a vintage 25" glass Catamaran with a stepless hull that I plan to install a couple of NQD drives in. I had the idea several years ago while posting in the "All things jet drive" forum on RCU. Maybe I should start a similar thread here on RC Groups.
I just noticed that your new big jet has a 3, a 4, and a 5 blade impellor! Can't wait to hear your performance reviews on them.

I also look forward to your twin jet cat project. Please keep it here as it still is NQD Jetdrives involved.

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Last edited by jgestner; Feb 07, 2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:50 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,809 Posts
Umm, you get a boat yet John? saw you were lookin at one in the classifieds..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:04 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Umm, you get a boat yet John? saw you were lookin at one in the classifieds..
Hi John/Chi

Yes I will have 2 very soon, a white stock tomorrow and the yellow classified one that is stripped and ready for brushless reinstall with bats, motor, ESC, and other extra parts, early next week.

The guy, JGuilty forum member, I'm getting it from got pretty well thrashed in this forum for the motor he bought for it and must have burned out on it. I might get thrashed pretty good too when my wife checks the PayPal monthly report, so I will likely just try what he bought on one of them and run the other stocker with a lipo for a little while until feathers get unruffled.

John in Merrill
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:29 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,809 Posts
Good..you're almost there..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:35 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,809 Posts
I gotta get caught up some, the kmb is due any day, its at customs here in chicago, the hull is getting laid.. (lucky hull) in Louisiana for the 61, and got 3 of Steves boats to build, so, I am greasing the shaft on my mono, its ready for the soft water now..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:45 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,426 Posts
Quote:
I gotta get caught up some, the kmb is due any day, its at customs here in chicago, the hull is getting laid.. (lucky hull) in Louisiana for the 61, and got 3 of Steves boats to build, so, I am greasing the shaft on my mono, its ready for the soft water now..
I am amazed at your Candy apple/metal flake paint jobs and multi flame/airbrush job on that earlier boat! I doubt I have the patience for any of that anymore, but I will have to look up some video tutorials to at least understand a bit more about it.

John
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:17 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7car7 View Post
I've been wanting to get a keychain camera for a long time for my planes, but this boat makes me want one even more. Could be quite easy to make a waterproof box for it. I want to put it in the drivers' head position.

I just hate buying junk - I know some of them are good, some bad. But I just need to take the step.
Hi 7
I have been reading back through this thread a bit, and saw your interest in a Keychain Cam. If you haven't gotten one yet, a fellow RCGroups guy MassiveOverkill has the newest and in 3 different lens variations. He's a good guy and you can depend on his stuff to be the real and best of breed in whatever he sells. Check the cams out at massiverc.com

John in Merrill
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:19 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,809 Posts
Buy pro equipment, have the skill, and go for it..thats top of the food chain..better have a paint booth available also..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:26 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,809 Posts
Same cam, $10.52 including shipping..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spy-Keychain...item19c5bea35f
RCG Plus Member