HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:38 AM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiernan85 View Post
I use a Futaba 4pl with mine, but that's just what I use with most my surface rc's so I decided to just buy another receiver for it. But I would say that should work just fine and it's cheap as chips if anything happened to it. 2 channels is all you'll need unless you decide you want to run reverse at some stage, but it's not too likely I wouldn't think.

I wish we had corrosion-x here, I looked for ages for places to get it but it's just not going to happen, seen and heard many good things about it. I have my receiver in a waterproof Traxxas receiver box, or my stuff get's treated with plasti-dip for waterproofing.

Headers are finally done drying and have been attached to the lid of the jet boat. No pictures yet of the whole lot together as still waiting for Steve's cage to arrive. Seeing as the bottom half of my boat is white, I think it will all look ok. Thanks again for the help and opinions on them
Those pipes look Great! They would look great even if pink with Yellow Polka-dots!

I think I would add 3 more layers of your best glue to them so they don't end up at the bottom of Loch Ness when you flip the boat.

I don't think I have the patience to do the motor like you guys are doing, but I am looking right now, on my desk at the cap of an SD card adapter that looks suspiciously a lot like your air scoop.

As far as the Corrosion X, you can get direct from the company through their UK website http://corrosion-x.co.uk/products.asp?cat=1 I very much prefer the 16 oz spray bottle, but use the liquid in a container to totally submerge receivers. I haven't just sprayed it on anything. You can pour the unused Corrosion X back into the bottle for reuse easily. I highly recommend Corrosion X for anything that might get near water. It has a sister product called RejeX that is the best car/Airplane/Motorcycle/Boat surface protection product I have ever used. I am on year 3 on 2 of my cars with one application. Polish and protect in one step!

John
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:40 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
6,836 Posts
Sun, keep us posted on the big jet..give us a opinion on the quality..

T, the white looks GREAT..nice contrast to all the black, looks right..

John, I use futaba, period..have used them for 20 yrs..., but, tactic is owned by futaba, its their way to be in the lower cost market, all parts are the same, trust me on that, except for the receivers..they are proprietary to the tactic brand..

chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:00 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,836 Posts
To add to the corr X subject, have used it for 20 years also, still have some left in the old style pump bottle, I soak all my stuff in it, including taking the servo lids off, and giving them a dose..

The new kmb is coming in yellow gel coat..no painting gonna happen, dont have a yellow boat, so, gel is best, no work for me painting..

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:04 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
To add to the corr X subject, have used it for 20 years also, still have some left in the old style pump bottle, I soak all my stuff in it, including taking the servo lids off, and giving them a dose..

The new kmb is coming in yellow gel coat..no painting gonna happen, dont have a yellow boat, so, gel is best, no work for me painting..

How about at least some auto trim tape and decals?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:11 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,836 Posts
John, ever looked at any of my boats?? I airbrush and stripe anything that holds still long enough..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:13 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
John, ever looked at any of my boats??
What Boats?

Update I looked at all of your attachments/pics Certainly some VERY NICE BOATS!!!! I can rest assured that your new yellow one won't go naked
Last edited by jgestner; Feb 06, 2013 at 03:41 PM. Reason: I looked at all your boats
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:15 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,836 Posts
I have a plotter/cutter, so graphics are easy for me to do, little plotters are cheap, got my money out of it long ago.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:36 PM
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Edri, the graupner needs no modification..and parts are available..the better motor to use is the 3900kv hobby king, bigger motor, more torque, less rpm, better suited to these little jets..use the 60 amp watercooled turnigy esc, a real good combo, in my opinion, but, guys like T, Fire, etc. have more experience in crawlers by far than I do.
Thanks for your input chi.. Many thanks..

The first want i will put the graupner mini jet..
For my friend i want try using KMB 28 mm, but i cant find the seller sell this KMB, at the jet-drive.de the shipping is 999.999 (lol)
Where can i find this jet? With low cost shipping to my country..
edri is offline Find More Posts by edri
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:39 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,836 Posts
E, number 1, where are you from? 2, the kmb is too tall to fit in the nqd..if you want to use a kmb in the nqd, Steve, at sicrc, modifies the kmb to fit INTO the kmb, he also has them in stock..they require specific machining one a cnc mill to fit the boat, plus, the inlet hole must be enlarged..

He can be contacted directly at, stevedales@gmail.com

This is the boat running a kmb, on 2S

SicRC 410 Turbo Sprint Prototype (2 min 23 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:41 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,836 Posts
The shipping figure is wrong, of course, from kmb, but, it will not work in its stock form anyway...drop steve a email, hes a good guy..

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:06 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
What are you guys using for Transmitters and receivers in these boats. I have a bunch of different systems from Spektrum, Tactic, and a Turnigy/FlySky compatible 9X.
I'm thinking of getting the little $20.00 HobbyKing Car/Boat 2 channel 2.4 Ghz.

My Problem is that I am always nervous when my friends and family are hanging over the side of my pontoon boat with a good transmitter.
If you don't think I'll ever need 3 channels, maybe that little 2 channel would be fine. I suppose I could even spray it down on the transmitter circuitboard with Corrosion X to be safe. I already do that for the receivers.

John in Merrill
The best cheap Hobbyking Tx option is this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...und_Radio.html

It's only a few $ more than the 2ch one, it has 3ch, and it has a failsafe so that your boat/car doesn't go flying off into oblivion if the radio loses its link.

If you want to spend $10 more, this one is exactly the same as above, except it's a computer radio with model memory etc:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...und_Radio.html
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:24 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,836 Posts
As I am a newbie to this thread also, I wanted to bring up a point thats so important to all of us.

READ THE THREAD.

I spent countless hours reading, and watching vids, and reading this thread, and on other sites, before I attempted to build one of these boats.

The wealth of info you NEED is here.. take the time to enjoy this thread from the beginning..its worth it, and make you fit in much better with the great bunch of guys here..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:04 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
610 Posts
Or at least look at the pictures

I agree though, the info in the thread is there for the very reason of helping folks out. The thread's getting long no doubt, but it's filled with lots of great info, pics, stories and more. It's always handy when we're on the same page too.

Here's a way off topic newb question myself though.

When I've added attachments(pics) say 50 pages back, and I wanted to post them again, do I have to re-upload them? I can't figure out how to add already uploaded attachments to a new post. If that makes sense. ie, my boat pics I added on the previous page. I had to fully upload them again.
Tiernan85 is offline Find More Posts by Tiernan85
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:43 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiernan85 View Post
Or at least look at the pictures

I agree though, the info in the thread is there for the very reason of helping folks out. The thread's getting long no doubt, but it's filled with lots of great info, pics, stories and more. It's always handy when we're on the same page too.

Here's a way off topic newb question myself though.

When I've added attachments(pics) say 50 pages back, and I wanted to post them again, do I have to re-upload them? I can't figure out how to add already uploaded attachments to a new post. If that makes sense. ie, my boat pics I added on the previous page. I had to fully upload them again.
Go back and open your old pic, right-click on the image (Or control-click for you mac folks.) and click "Copy image location." Then open your new post, click the Insert Image button, and paste the link into the box. Voila! No need to re-upload.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:48 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
610 Posts
thanks fire
Tiernan85 is offline Find More Posts by Tiernan85