HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:58 AM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
T, I have seen headers in white, chrome, and black..and been racin for over 30 yrs..never saw blue, green or gray..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiernan85 View Post
Hmm... well I have white and black that I can paint them. I'll try white first and see how I like it, easy enough to paint over black if I want afterwords. Thank Chi

I don't see any blue or green, but a lot of them look more gray than black or white. Here's the Australian Formula Jet Sprint Association website with photo gallery. http://www.v8superboats.com.au/index...ery&Itemid=166 Some of them may have started Chrome but most seem to have more of a gray patina than anything else.

John
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:42 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Sorry if off topic, but it is a RC Jetboat that is pretty cool. http://aussiercboaters.myfastforum.o...13-0-asc-0.php

If you are a bit bored and have a minute check it out.

John
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:40 AM
Washington State
Joined Oct 2007
1,261 Posts
Tier, the headers came out VERY nice. I really like 'em. I don't mind the gray, but I do like the last pic posted of the real boat - I'm guessing that's raw stainless. Notice how it has a bit of a patina, it's not a solid color. Has some slight tan shades here and there. I'd think if you sort of rubbed them down a bit, it might show some of the brass thru the paint, and be really slick looking if you're wanting to go for an authentic look.

They're very similar to the headers on my real car.
They're a dull gray ceramic finish.
7car7 is offline Find More Posts by 7car7
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:00 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,126 Posts
What you see is ceramic coating..
chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:46 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,126 Posts
John, you should check back in the thread, some..this is the premier rc jet, built by a full size sprint boat company, in all aluminum, with a 2 stage, all stainless jet, with wear ring, bearings, etc..THIS jet replaced the old swashdrive jet, which was the standard of rc before this came out, swash is no longer made..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:01 PM
Washington State
Joined Oct 2007
1,261 Posts
/\ oh, you HAD to show me that. I NEED that.

Oh my. Be still my heart.
7car7 is offline Find More Posts by 7car7
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:12 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,126 Posts
7, its $4800..and, by the way, the white boat is a zenoah 23cc, bonzi motorsports clutch, with a old mhz jet 5..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:31 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
618 Posts
Thanks for the info on the headers fellas, I should have used aluminum tube rather than brass tube and I would get the raw finish type look. I'm not too overly fussed about the look but none the less, I've given them a few coats of white before I came to work, so I'll snap a few pics of them later this evening.
Tiernan85 is offline Find More Posts by Tiernan85
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
After getting back into RC 4 years ago after a 15 year hiatus, I swore off any power systems that weren't electric drives, on my Airplanes, heli/quads, and boats. I really got tired of worrying about fuel in the car and wiping everything down after flying. Even so, most planes didn't last more than 3-4 years at best due to castor oil sinking into the balsa and ply.

All electric will do me just fine until I blow up a Lipo.

That gas or nitro jetboat looks cool, but I have given up anything bigger that costs a lot to run and could run into someone and hurt them.

I can fit almost all of my current RC Fleet into my Honda Civic at once, with just one that needs to ride in the Magnum.

John

PS all of these in the picture are as happy flying in my living room as outdoors. That doesn't work with the nitro toys.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:40 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
7, its $4800..and, by the way, the white boat is a zenoah 23cc, bonzi motorsports clutch, with a old mhz jet 5..
$4800 for just the jet drive? You could buy a nice used SeaDoo for that price!

Edit: I just realized you probably meant the whole boat, engine, etc. But still!
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:15 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,126 Posts
Fire, its $4800 RTR, the jet is $850... but, fair price for what that jet is..boats are about 650-700..its his most expensive piece..

http://www.jettec.co.nz/#/rc-14-scal...re/4563486090/
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:33 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,126 Posts
John,I dont do nitro anymore either, never did in boats, strictly gas, have a few nitro planes left over, havent used em in yrs.

This nqd is the smallest boat I have ever owned, the lake in my front yard cant be used for gas, too loud, ergo, the sail and electric boats, never did electric ANYTHING before..With gas, a gallon is all day play..

Electrics have come so far, but, I hate to be tied to a battery..

But, cant be underwater with a air breather, like you can with the jets..
Lovin the laughs the jets are giving me, plus, meetin some great guys here along the way.

In fact, the mono I have now is more race than play, so, a while back I had posted a vid clip of a 61 inch boat, with a single, running on the bayou, same as my twin shelf queen, and I was watchin that vid the other day, its about a hour, the whole vid is, and because those boats run sooo nicely, I'm gonna build another..

Gonna get the hull laid up next week, just dunno what color to do yet..

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:37 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post

PS all of these in the picture are as happy flying in my living room as outdoors. That doesn't work with the nitro toys.[/COLOR]
Should have one of those little hubsan x4's showing up any day now, it will be my rainy day toy.

I gave the headers another coat of paqint this evening so pics will come later, likely tomorrow mounted up.

Chi, keep us up to speed with a few updates on this new build.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:49 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,126 Posts
You know that, T, the new, shorter hull from kmb will be here tomorrow or next day, lookin forward to that too, it got here quick..along with 5 extra stators..i got so many now, it can spit em on a daily basis..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:52 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
618 Posts
Oh yea, I forgot you mentioned that you managed to get your mitts on one of those. Good times ahead on the jet boat thread