SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:07 AM
Canada
Energy's Avatar
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimp View Post
oh , ok well i think ill go with number two and did you use hot glue to seal your holes for your water cooling?and im waiting on the boat (sigh) hopefully it gets here soon.
Option two is great if you don't mind a bit of grunt work to get the motor out. Unfortunately the original motor is NOT mounted with allen key bolts, but rather phillips head bolts. Believe me, when you sit down to try to remove it, you will understand the predicament. But removing and sealing the jet unit is also a pain in the . < We can't say "bad words" here...

Interms of sealing every little hole, just do your best. With this boat no matter how much sealing you do, water always seems to find a way in. So no, i didn't worry about glueing the waterline holes. What you will need to glue is the copper pipe water pickup that is going through your jet drive as shown in the original picture. (with superglue)
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:43 AM
Registered User
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
In case anyone is looking for one-
Newqida "Tear Into" Jet Boat /Brushless Set up
mray is offline Find More Posts by mray
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:01 AM
rc boating;)
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
hey , my boat finally got here today so i carged it for 2hrs just for a quick run and i took out to my pool and as i was drivi ng it the end started sinking and it wouldnt comand to my controls so i puleed it out of my pool n it was still going flat out i turn the control of and it kept going so i took the battery out! i dont no what to do i realy hope i dont have to get a new one , im leaking the water out now and il try again please help :O
Crimp is offline Find More Posts by Crimp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:48 AM
Registered User
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimp View Post
hey , my boat finally got here today so i carged it for 2hrs just for a quick run and i took out to my pool and as i was drivi ng it the end started sinking and it wouldnt comand to my controls so i puleed it out of my pool n it was still going flat out i turn the control of and it kept going so i took the battery out! i dont no what to do i realy hope i dont have to get a new one , im leaking the water out now and il try again please help :O
Sounds like your jet drive/boat has a leak somewhere, which is a perfect excuse to get out the dremel and start pulling out those stock electronics you just fried! I have found that Shoe Goo (thanks 4mods!) is a fantastic glue for almost all parts of these jet boats because it sticks really well to the plastic and remains flexible, which is important when you are bashing it over rocks in a creek!

Mine is set up with a 2445 3200kv inrunner, a turnigy 9g metal gear servo, a Seaking 35A ESC, a 3S 2200mah lipo, and an HK GT3 tx/rx.

The hardest parts are the coupler from the motor to the impeller shaft, (need to drill out the stock one perfectly or find a new one or u-joint that fits) removing the old motor, and waterproofing everything. The Seaking ESC is decently waterproof, but the rx and servos are not at all. I painted my rx with shoe goo and filled my servos with grease and now it's fairly reliable even though it regularly fills with water.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:49 PM
Canada
Energy's Avatar
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimp View Post
hey , my boat finally got here today so i carged it for 2hrs just for a quick run and i took out to my pool and as i was drivi ng it the end started sinking and it wouldnt comand to my controls so i puleed it out of my pool n it was still going flat out i turn the control of and it kept going so i took the battery out! i dont no what to do i realy hope i dont have to get a new one , im leaking the water out now and il try again please help :O
Those cheap electronics aren't worth it. If you have the cash, upgrade.

On the leak side of things, like mentioned above you could reseal your drive (lower and upper) and maybe even give a little sealing under the little rim (edges of the boat) where there is a seam.
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:50 PM
Canada
Energy's Avatar
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk989 View Post
Sounds like your jet drive/boat has a leak somewhere, which is a perfect excuse to get out the dremel and start pulling out those stock electronics you just fried! I have found that Shoe Goo (thanks 4mods!) is a fantastic glue for almost all parts of these jet boats because it sticks really well to the plastic and remains flexible, which is important when you are bashing it over rocks in a creek!

Mine is set up with a 2445 3200kv inrunner, a turnigy 9g metal gear servo, a Seaking 35A ESC, a 3S 2200mah lipo, and an HK GT3 tx/rx.

The hardest parts are the coupler from the motor to the impeller shaft, (need to drill out the stock one perfectly or find a new one or u-joint that fits) removing the old motor, and waterproofing everything. The Seaking ESC is decently waterproof, but the rx and servos are not at all. I painted my rx with shoe goo and filled my servos with grease and now it's fairly reliable even though it regularly fills with water.
Very hard indeed, but if he gets the motor that i recommended it has the same shaft as the original motor and therefore wouldn't have to work about that painful task.
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:47 PM
Registered User
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Very hard indeed, but if he gets the motor that i recommended it has the same shaft as the original motor and therefore wouldn't have to work about that painful task.
Yes you're right, the 2040 seems to be a good option for 2S and ease of using the stock coupler, probably the way he should go.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:22 PM
Cookie
10x8's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Petersham
Joined Sep 2005
1,232 Posts


4mods is aware, as others. But for the newbies of NQD, lol.

Custom 50mm edf hair dryer with jet. AM radio, lol.

I won $6 for this vid at H/K, unlike Scorp who gets a free go-kart.



Pete
10x8 is offline Find More Posts by 10x8
Last edited by 10x8; Jan 10, 2012 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Pic
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:47 PM
Canada
Energy's Avatar
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk989 View Post
Yes you're right, the 2040 seems to be a good option for 2S and ease of using the stock coupler, probably the way he should go.
Thats the way i went, and while it wasn't a rocket, i still have great speedy fun with it. Serves me well in the rapids (creeks )
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:49 PM
Canada
Energy's Avatar
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x8 View Post


4mods is aware, as others. But for the newbies of NQD, lol.

Custom 50mm edf hair dryer with jet. AM radio, lol.

I won $6 for this vid at H/K, unlike Scorp who gets a free go-kart.



Pete
Wicked man! Bet it flies. FORD!
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:08 AM
Cookie
10x8's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Petersham
Joined Sep 2005
1,232 Posts
Gut shots.

Pete
10x8 is offline Find More Posts by 10x8
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 04:25 AM
rc boating;)
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Heey guys thanks for replying um i cut into it pulled the esc out opened it up and there was i drip of water wwhich i soaked up with a tissue and there was a fairly large puddle of water i think i found the hole where the waters sneaking in so for now im just guna use blu tack until i get hot glue gun or somthing but i couldnt remove the servo or motor they have the screws in the hardest places to get to so im charging the battery now and crossing fingers that itll work , idk if as soon as water touches itll stuff it or if i can dry it and itll work ?but the esc looks like the only thing that took damage i soaked all the water in the hull so il reply and tell you how things work , thanks guys
Crimp is offline Find More Posts by Crimp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:58 PM
Platinum Card Member
sundogz's Avatar
Joined Sep 2007
342 Posts
If you have a leak and can't seem to locate it, it is most likely the impeller shaft. The 'O'-ring (behind the coupler) is there to keep grease in, not water out. Remove the steering nozzle housing and impeller/shaft and liberally coat the shaft with a sticky waterproof grease such as proboat, Gorilla Snaught or Grim Racer. Try to work some into the shaft bore in the jet drive before re-installing everything. This will last a while before you'll need to re-apply more grease. High RPM's will require more frequent lubing.

Another trick to easily remove the motor (w/phillips screws) is to drill two holes in the transom directly behind the motor mount screws then just use a long phillips screwdriver (through the holes in the transom) to remove the motor. Hatch tape will seal the holes just fine and is removable for future motor swaps.
sundogz is offline Find More Posts by sundogz
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:26 AM
Registered User
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
In case anyone is looking for one-
Newqida "Tear Into" Jet Boat /Brushless Set up
Just wanted to remind folks...I have still have a new Tear Into for sale already converted to brushless and with HW watercooled ESC...
mray is offline Find More Posts by mray
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:31 AM
Canada
Energy's Avatar
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
^ I remember
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log My NQD "Tear Into" build thread. wparsons Racing Boats - Electric 61 Oct 25, 2013 01:24 PM
Wanted Anyone have a NQD Tear into jet boat kicking around? Energy Boats (FS/W) 3 Mar 22, 2011 08:41 PM
Discussion Brushless NQD torn into jet boat mortonj69 Micro and Sub-Micro Boats 3 Feb 14, 2011 08:02 AM
Discussion Brushless NQD torn into jet boat mortonj69 Racing Boats - Electric 3 Oct 16, 2010 07:40 PM
New Product NQD Tear Into Jet Boats rcnz Dock Talk 1 Jul 14, 2010 07:48 PM