HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2011, 06:40 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,821 Posts
If he can get more, let me know... I'll order a couple and pay the shipping to get them here!
wparsons is online now Find More Posts by wparsons
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2011, 04:13 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southsea
Joined Apr 2011
199 Posts
time to start turning some up then !
triumphjon is offline Find More Posts by triumphjon
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:01 AM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
just slapped some electronics in mine and she runs good.

Works great for jumping little waves!
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Old Jul 19, 2011, 02:27 AM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
1,993 Posts
Good job! What did you put in it?
Get some video when you get a chance! Also, find yourself a creek with rapids and you will be seriously addicted!
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:57 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk989 View Post
Good job! What did you put in it?
Get some video when you get a chance! Also, find yourself a creek with rapids and you will be seriously addicted!
The thing ended up sitting on my desk for about half a year with nothing in it, so i said what the 'ell and bought some electronics.

Will be fun driving it in the wake of my new Yamaha Waveblaster.

2040 4800kv brushless watercooled, 35a watercooled, cheap hk metal gear servo, 4000mah 2s lipo...

I need to figure out a go way to seal the canopy. Any ideas? Hopefully i can take in down to lake ontario some day and get it in the surf. Will post some video soon. I am going to bite the bullet and get myself a gopro hd.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 06:48 AM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
So is anybody still using them on here? I haven't been on in a while, but i remember around March there were a good 6 or 7 people playing with these.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 07:23 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,821 Posts
I still run mine a bit in a creek right near home, and it's also my rescue boat for anything bigger. I can put a tennis ball (attached to a fishing reel) on it between the drivers, drive out past the stopped boat and then pull the ball off by the reel and reel the boat in that way.
wparsons is online now Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:02 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southsea
Joined Apr 2011
199 Posts
im still building mine , as the drive system has been transplanted into a 1/12 th scale dory
triumphjon is offline Find More Posts by triumphjon
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:32 AM
Australia, VIC, Blackburn North
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphjon View Post
im still building mine , as the drive system has been transplanted into a 1/12 th scale dory
Hey, how are you going with this build?

It's been a while since you posted.
mozzyrocks is offline Find More Posts by mozzyrocks
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:37 PM
rc boating;)
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
??

hey guys um just pretty new to rc stuff but really getting in to it , i just orderd a nqd tear into mainly to modify cos there so popular for doing that , anyway not really sure what brushless esc , motor and battery i want to keep everything esle stock unless you really reccomend me changing more stuff im on a money limit of about 100$.oh and i really beg someone to do a seting up turorial od how to take stuff out and then where to drill holes and stuff for watercooling
plz help
Crimp is offline Find More Posts by Crimp
Last edited by Crimp; Dec 31, 2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:12 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Hi Crimp,

You'll need all new electronics. Sorry if you were under the inpression that you could keep the radio and servo, but its just really cheap in there. Modding this thing isn't a walk in the park I'll warn. At least $150 needs to be put into it.

You'll need:

-motor
-esc
-lipo battery plus charger
-transmitter and receiver
-servo
-water cooling accessories

There are youtube video that will show you better, but basically when you first get it you have to make a clean cut in the top under the canopy. This will allow you to frustratingly rip out the stock crap.

Not too many mods have to be done to the hull and jet unit. You just need to drill a few holes for the water.

This is what my setup consists (minus the transmitter and receiver as i have my own hobby grade ones) of and is about as cheap as you can go. If the item isn't instock, you will likely be able to find similar products at places like hobbypartz.com. With this set up you will need a 2s lipo battery (preferably over 2500mah and under 5500mah).

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...erCooled_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Boat_ESC.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2S1P_30C_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._GENUINE_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Ch_Tx_Rx_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...7kg_10sec.html

Let me know if you have any other Q's.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:10 AM
rc boating;)
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Hey energy
thanks for the reply but im still waiting on my boat and it should defintly be here tomorow but anyway , i should have enough money in a month but im guna have to run it stock for a couple weeks i guess , just wondering would you be able to strip your boat down and make a rebuild video of putting it together , you dont have to but would realy help me . the one on youtube isnt very brief and is a bit to fast to see what hes doing.
Last edited by Crimp; Jan 04, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:50 AM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Unfortunately my video camera has been on "loan" to my sister for a month now. She is on a big trip to Europe... :roll eyes:

It seems there is something that is intimidating you about this. Is there a certain thing that i can answer via pictures or words that may be of help to you?

Basically the biggest "non-electronic" related mod that you're doing is cutting a square hole right under the canopy (place where the drives sit). When you get it, under the driver lid/canopy you will see a nice rectangular platform defined by lined groves. You will need to cut a rectangular hole within the groves. for the best sealing, i would cut as small of a hole as possible. (without sacrificing the ability to get your hand in the boat in order to do the electronic work) Once you receive you're boat it will make way, way more sense.

You can go two different route when i come to ripping out and installing electronics.

1. remove the jet drive from the hull. this will require breaking the glue seal that is keeping the jet drive to the hull. This methode with make it easier to remove and install motors, but then you have to reseal the drive to the hull.

2. Remove electronics without removing the jet drive. This is what i did, but many don't have the patients to do this. It sounds eisier, but going this route means lots of finicky work to remove and install motors. With that said, i would still do this methode if i was building another one.

I gave you a picture of my boat that shows my water cooling set up. I know it to work very well and can confirm that there is a steady and powerful stream of water flowing through it at all speeds. Therefor, this kind of set up would be my recommendation, but online you will see many different methodes. Generally with water cooling, the less tubing and bends in the tubing the better. Get the water in and out fast. As you can see in my picture, i try my best to use limited amounts of tubing, and for the most part it is pretty straight.

Let me know if you have specific build questions.
Last edited by Energy; Jan 04, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:54 AM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
more pics... Just a general look.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:14 PM
rc boating;)
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
oh , ok well i think ill go with number two and did you use hot glue to seal your holes for your water cooling?and im waiting on the boat (sigh) hopefully it gets here soon.