HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Boomer1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:37 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,539 Posts
Discussion
Micro Magic project delayed

Update on the Micro Magic project.

The boats arrived safely, good news there. Upon inspecting the contents, I discovered that the gentleman I purchased them from had started the assembly process of Carbon Fiber boat and unfortunately, not correctly, to the point where it is not practical to repair the damages.

I contacted the seller and he has graciously offered to refund back the value of a replacement hull and deck. This is fair and much appreciated. He was not aware of the full extend of assembly issues.

I was able to locate replacement parts which will permit me to move forward on the the Carbon Fiber version, which is my favorite.

I am excited to get the build started on this boat, but have to wait for the new hull, deck and keel box. These are nice boats, and once completed should make a nice addition to my sailing fleet. These little guys are easy to transport and can handle a wide range of conditions, so from everything I have hear and read, it should be fun to sail and race.

I guess all good things take time. I have decided to sell the other boat, which is the standard racing version 2014 - it is the same exact boat, without the carbon fiber finish. That will be listed in the Classified section sortly. I will update the blog once I receive the new parts.

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Mar 11, 2011 at 10:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts