HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:46 PM
United States, VA, Norfolk
Joined Oct 2006
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQ8401 View Post
Roen,

Wicked good job. Please zoom in and take a picture with the rod. i am going to steal this design and put it in mine. How does it fly with the canards?

DonQ
Thank you and not a problem. Here's a closer pic of my canard setup. As you can see, the lower left servo controls the canards. The rod is 3 inches long and taken from an old plane that I used to have but kept parts for. The other servo you see controls the rudder. It used to also connect the nose steering in which I no longer have now that I've made this plane a belly lander. But anyways, I also used a carbon rod I had laying around and cut it to maybe 5 inches long, just enough so it can stick out at both sides of the plane and hold the canards. The two metal nuts you see on either side of the servo linkage arm on the carbon rod are used to prevent the rod from moving side to side. I also added a plastic film on the foam walls were the nuts touch to prevent grinding on them.

The plane flies a lot better with the functional canards. It turns tighter along with the functional rudder as well as having better pitch control as opposed to only having the elevons for control. I'm able to pull off some slow speed high alpha landings which results in a soft belly landing on grass.

PS: I'd be more than happy to give you more instructions on how to set up your canards like mines if you like.
Roen is offline Find More Posts by Roen
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:50 AM
Why am I addicted!!!
United States, IL, Columbia
Joined Jan 2008
530 Posts
Awesome! Thanxs man I am doing it.
DonQ8401 is offline Find More Posts by DonQ8401
Old Aug 19, 2012, 03:31 PM
Progress with the process...
NE Alabama
Joined Feb 2011
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkers Jumo View Post
Today another joined this club of what must be the most under appreciated airframe in the history of RC. Mark's has the extreme RC CS10 alloy 4S setup and the original colour scheme as opposed to a paint job, has it about 200g lighter than mine.

http://youtu.be/jxvvlscKnL0

As you can see beautiful airframe! (and rather well flown.)
Cheers,

Ingo
Nice! I couldnt tell on the video, did he cut a cheater hole in the bottom like Flip Flop did?
M3ATpl0w is offline Find More Posts by M3ATpl0w
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Aug 2012
102 Posts
Hello I've been reading this thread for a bit now and i thought I'd post my specs.
4cell 3300 35c zippy
Mototurbine mercury 3700kv 64mm
servo's out of my dead hk 90mm L39
60a esc mystery
orange 9ch rx 1 sat
Watt meter reads 57a
Thrust out of plane 1200grams
Flying weight is 1037.3grams no wheels
Cheater holes have been drilled in a row under the cockpit and it has a single outlet at 57mm made out of thin paper, rolled, held with sticky tape soaked in thin ca,then added 1 layer of tape overlapping all the way around.
I accidently broke off my canards so i have gone without.My cg is now 90mm from leading edge or from where the line on the wing meets the line on the fuse.
Flight Speed
recorded on a hk Gps data logger
105mph with a 8 knot wind behind it
This jet flys great slow or fast
mice1m is offline Find More Posts by mice1m
Last edited by mice1m; Aug 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: forgot stuff
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:30 AM
Why am I addicted!!!
United States, IL, Columbia
Joined Jan 2008
530 Posts
Mice, Pictures please...
DonQ8401 is offline Find More Posts by DonQ8401
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Aug 2012
102 Posts
Here we go
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:46 PM
Joined Aug 2012
102 Posts
And a vid.
It has lots of control at low speed.
Single outlet is a bit faster and a bit quicker but the twin outlet sounds better.
Flight used 1500mah from 3300mah pack
Mercury Mototurbine Edf 64 HK Rafale (4 min 34 sec)
Last edited by mice1m; Aug 20, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Aug 2012
102 Posts
A GPS run
105mph HK Rafale 64mm Mercury EDF gps (3 min 40 sec)
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
102 Posts
playing around
HK Rafale 3700kv Mercury Mototurbine (4 min 12 sec)
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:41 AM
DONT PANIC! :)
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Jan 2012
1,902 Posts
has hobbyking dingalings corrected their 2 right wing issue? im ready to place my order. keep this thread alive.
out of stock is offline Find More Posts by out of stock
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:46 AM
Schwalbe
Australia, WA, Yokine
Joined Aug 2011
313 Posts
I've had two of these from the international warehouse and a mate has bought one from the Aussie warehouse. All three came with the correct complement of wings (and everything else).
Pull the trigger! You won't regret it. It's a fantastic flyer.
Cheers,

Ingo
Junkers Jumo is offline Find More Posts by Junkers Jumo
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:03 AM
DONT PANIC! :)
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Jan 2012
1,902 Posts
ingo, thanks for your kind response! i sure will! im glad they are available in the HK usa warehouse! $66.23 shipped!

are retracts really possible on this airframe? i REALLY want retracts as my sapac euro went azz over tit two sundays ago hahaha! thanks again ingo!
oos
out of stock is offline Find More Posts by out of stock
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:45 AM
Schwalbe
Australia, WA, Yokine
Joined Aug 2011
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by out of stock View Post
ingo, thanks for your kind response! i sure will! im glad they are available in the HK usa warehouse! $66.23 shipped!

are retracts really possible on this airframe? i REALLY want retracts as my sapac euro went azz over tit two sundays ago hahaha! thanks again ingo!
oos
I've kept mine without gear as I was trying to keep it as light as possible. I've seen examples earlier in this forum where guys have installed retracts but can't comment on how they fly. My guess is you'd sacrifice a little of the slow speed, high alpha performance as you increased the weight, but I don't think it'd be too bad.
Good Luck,

Ingo
Junkers Jumo is offline Find More Posts by Junkers Jumo
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:13 AM
Bond, Hotglue Bond
Joined Apr 2006
4,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by out of stock View Post

oos
Mine also arrived with the right correct wings.

I think they transferred the dyslexic guy at JIT.
Tartago is online now Find More Posts by Tartago
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:41 AM
Deutschland
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
Same here from the German Warehouse.
Arrived double boxed, very well packed. Each piece in a seperate plastic bag fixed with tape inside the box. Fuselage and inlets preassembled and fixed by tape in a plastic bag. Found a left and a right wing. No damages.
Couldnīt be better.
HJ B. is offline Find More Posts by HJ B.