Old Mar 09, 2011, 11:12 PM
SoCal
Joined Nov 2007
457 Posts
Discussion
AirField RC F18C 670mm

Are there any reviews/threads in this forum on this jet:

http://www.nitroplanes.com/f18c-64mm-white-rc-jet.html

I can't seem to find any from the search. I'd like to know the Amp rating of the ESC, and whether it can take a 4S battery with stock setup.

Thanks.
tshiah is offline Find More Posts by tshiah
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:39 AM
Joined Oct 2004
445 Posts
I don't know the amp rating, or if it can handle 4s, but I have one that I got about a month ago and it is my favorite airplane to fly. It is very easy to fly in the air and can make very cool nose high landings (particularly into a little headwind). The only downside is that with no rudders it doesn't like crosswind landings. It looks great in the air and sounds great. The EDF is quiet enough that you can hear that cool "sshhhh" noise off of the airframe when it goes by, just like the big ones. The "build" for this took about 1.5 hours (I am slow) and was very easy.

Bottom line, it goes to the field every time I do. The other planes I take may change, but this one always goes.

Nitroplanes does irritate me with the limited information they provide on their kits. Even with their replacement EDF motors they don't give any info as to how many cells it can handle. The specs for this F-18C just say "11.1v battery", but don't say whether it can handle 4s. I was actually trying to determine earlier today if it can handle 4s, but even Airfields' website didn't say. Likewise neither site mentions the amp rating of the ESC. It is frustrating when you are trying to make a purchase decision that they don't provide any but the most basic details.

So, from a flight perspective it is an A+ in my book. Just wish I knew if I were going to burn it up if I tried a 4s battery.
adamdb is offline Find More Posts by adamdb
Old Jul 16, 2011, 06:05 AM
Joined Jul 2005
86 Posts
cant trust what is in planes because they dont know. Get an Exceed plane and an Exceed motor, the motors arent the same because just because it says exceed doesnt meen anything its just a name. Get a amp meter and check it out buy a $15 exceed motor and use that instead they work on 4 cell battery for me. Remember the electrics that are in these planes are Chinese junk get the kit plane and buy better electrics use a larger esc always thats what I do its not much more weight. You use epoxy and other glues so that ads in weight too so why not use better.
shurlock1 is offline Find More Posts by shurlock1