Old Mar 09, 2011, 03:15 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,303 Posts
Rant
crash compilation

some funny, some not so funny...

Pilot Error or Malfunction? You be the judge..
The Oops List: Plane crashes (7 min 38 sec)
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2011, 04:35 PM
Ugly planes do not fly
USA, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Mar 2007
1,689 Posts
Scary stuff...
_Sergey_ is offline Find More Posts by _Sergey_
Old Mar 09, 2011, 07:58 PM
United States, FL, Crestview
Joined Oct 2008
558 Posts
Those two helicopters colliding looked nasty... what a way to go. Some of them were pretty cute on the other hand - like that twin that was chewed up in the hangar by a prop.

I recognize the Chevy Lumina up under the F-15. That happened at my home, Eglin AFB - some MP lost control of the car (on base) and ran off the road and onto the flightline up under a 33rd TFW jet!

Kyle
kylewoody is offline Find More Posts by kylewoody
Old Mar 09, 2011, 09:22 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,303 Posts
Damn! you guys get to have all the fun
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2011, 01:07 AM
United States, FL, Crestview
Joined Oct 2008
558 Posts
Speaking of crashes, have you guys seen the released footage of that C-17 in Alaska? I stumbled upon it tonight and hadn't seen it yet - some of you might though.

Alaska C-17A Crash Video (highest quality) (0 min 59 sec)

Kyle
kylewoody is offline Find More Posts by kylewoody
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:20 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,303 Posts
I never saw that one, scary shizer
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:35 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,770 Posts
Interesting that the editors of the vid included marshalling errors as crashes. In several cases shots of the same events shown at different times to imply different events.. The sky cop at Egland was driving on the flight line on patrol. He turned the wheel when he was reaching for a dropped cell phone.
Majortomski is online now Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:39 AM
Ugly planes do not fly
USA, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Mar 2007
1,689 Posts
By BNO News

JOINT BASE PEARL HARBOR-HICKAM, HAWAII (BNO NEWS) -- A pilot error caused the U.S. Air Force C-17 crash at Elmendorf Air Force base in Anchorage, Alaska, on July 28, 2010, which resulted in the deaths of the four crewmembers aboard, the U.S. Air Force said on Friday.
The crash of the C-17 Globemaster III, which resulted also in the destruction of the $184 million aircraft, and damage to part of the Alaska Railroad, was caused by pilot error, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces said in a statement, as "the pilot placed the aircraft outside established flight parameters and capabilities."

"During the mishap sortie, the pilot aggressively flew the aircraft in a manner inconsistent with established flight procedures, resulting in a stall. The pilot failed to take required stall recovery actions," the Headquarters Pacific Air Forces said.
"Furthermore, the board concluded the co-pilot and safety observer failed to recognize or address the developing dangerous situation. As a result, the C-17 stalled at an attitude and altitude from which recovery to controlled flight was impossible."
The mishap occurred as the C-17 practiced for the Arctic Thunder Air Show scheduled for the weekend of July 31 at Joint Base Elmendorf- Richardson.

(Copyright 2010 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: sales@bnonews.com.)
_Sergey_ is offline Find More Posts by _Sergey_