HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2011, 02:40 PM
Joined Feb 2007
360 Posts
Discussion
How to wire 4S lipo to Hitec Optima Rx (Aurora 9)?

Guys, have any of you done this yet? I want to wire the Optima Rx SPC port to read the 4S 14.8 volt lipo on the Aurora 9 screen and set up the min voltage alarms.
I have the typical lead coming from the ESC to power the servo buss but is'nt that going to be about 5 volts?
It's on a E-Flite PNP Carbon Z Yak. I can't try it yet, the lipos are in the mail.

Thanks for any help.
Scott_S. is offline Find More Posts by Scott_S.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2011, 04:40 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_S. View Post
Guys, have any of you done this yet? I want to wire the Optima Rx SPC port to read the 4S 14.8 volt lipo on the Aurora 9 screen and set up the min voltage alarms.
I have the typical lead coming from the ESC to power the servo buss but is'nt that going to be about 5 volts?
It's on a E-Flite PNP Carbon Z Yak. I can't try it yet, the lipos are in the mail.
Thanks for any help.
Optima Transceiver (RX) - SPC - SPC connection & Lead Detailed plus Optima Current Draw/Amps

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Optima Transceiver (RX) - Low Battery Warning settings for both Aurora & Spectra 2.4Ghz module.
Adjustable LBW Voltage Alerts V1.07 up (not available V1.04<06).

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

(quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:49 AM
Joined Feb 2007
360 Posts
Thank you Alan.
It looks complicated. I'll just set the timer to 5 to 7 minutes and monitor recharge capacity.
I bookmarked your excellent page!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:44 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,196 Posts
No it's not complicated... if you can solder on a connector to your speed control wire you can add this connector which is all that is needed. Not only will it provide voltage telemetry but it will prevent you from ever having a brownout due to the BEC in the ESC so it is highly recommended that you use this feature.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Mar 10, 2011, 02:42 PM
Joined Feb 2007
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
No it's not complicated... if you can solder on a connector to your speed control wire you can add this connector which is all that is needed. Not only will it provide voltage telemetry but it will prevent you from ever having a brownout due to the BEC in the ESC so it is highly recommended that you use this feature.

Mike.
Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. I know you're a busy man.
I bought the A9 after sitting in on your A9 programming seminar at Toledo in
April 2010.

I found the hand drawn schematic on Alan's link, well done A.T.

I'm going to use an old servo lead for it. It's gonna be nice to have a min volt alarm come in.

Thanks
Last edited by Scott_S.; Mar 10, 2011 at 03:28 PM.