HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 09, 2011, 09:45 AM
They call me Crash!
Kaw1000's Avatar
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Discussion
Bernie Sanders..war against working families

I was watching this fella this morning on C-Span.
Something that struck me is his feelings on the rich and his question..
"when is enough enough?"

We have companies that are worth billions and billions of dollars. Because of the greed of these companies they have shipped jobs over seas so they can make more money at the cost of American Jobs.

They just can't get enough money. These same companies pay lobbyist big money to bribe our gooberment into lower taxes and benefits that just make them more money at the expense of American jobs and less taxes.

This morning he stated the Warren Buffet is on the the richest men in the world yet is only paying taxes in the 16% tax bracket...the lowest tax bracket there is.

As we all know the gap between the middle class and the rich is becoming larger and larger. The middle class is being whiped out at alarming
Rate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcLWDGb0RqA
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 09:51 AM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
There is no such thing as American Jobs. There are jobs owned by private entities, who own the right to put them where ever they see fit. Just as you can, should you decide to go and create your own company.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 09:53 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
77 Posts
Kaw 1000, you may need to put on 2 flame suits for this thread.
Rufcut is offline Find More Posts by Rufcut
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 09:55 AM
Registered User
Southern MA. USA
Joined Jan 2003
623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000 View Post
I was watching this fella this morning on C-Span.
Something that struck me is his feelings on the rich and his question..
"when is enough enough?"

We have companies that are worth billions and billions of dollars. Because of the greed of these companies they have shipped jobs over seas so they can make more money at the cost of American Jobs.

They just can't get enough money. These same companies pay lobbyist big money to bribe our gooberment into lower taxes and benefits that just make them more money at the expense of American jobs and less taxes.

This morning he stated the Warren Buffet is on the the richest men in the world yet is only paying taxes in the 16% tax bracket...the lowest tax bracket there is.

As we all know the gap between the middle class and the rich is becoming larger and larger. The middle class is being whiped out at alarming
Rate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcLWDGb0RqA
We should all be proud of Bernie Sanders, after all he did donate all his wealth to the poor, didn't he ?

And you and he are right, greedy corporations should be shut down right away, and all the companies that moved off shore should be forced to move back to the US and made to manufacture goods at higher cost until they go bankrupt.
Moe M. is offline Find More Posts by Moe M.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 10:00 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe M. View Post
We should all be proud of Bernie Sanders, after all he did donate all his wealth to the poor, didn't he ?

And you and he are right, greedy corporations should be shut down right away, and all the companies that moved off shore should be forced to move back to the US and made to manufacture goods at higher cost until they go bankrupt.
Be careful.....sometimes when I have my tongue in my cheek I accidently bite and it hurts and bleeds.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 10:00 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
logan5's Avatar
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
once again ... people talk about evil companies moving things off shore for cheaper work and lower taxes ...

Instead of whining and complaining ... how about doing something about it ... like making the US an attractive place for companies to do buisness?
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 10:02 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,738 Posts
The companies did not just move off shore......it was more like a flight of survival because they were being choked to death by our government run by progressives who courted the unions way too much.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 10:03 AM
They call me Crash!
Kaw1000's Avatar
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufcut View Post
Kaw 1000, you may need to put on 2 flame suits for this thread.
LOLOL... Have at it...Thats why I posted it!
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 10:04 AM
They call me Crash!
Kaw1000's Avatar
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
once again ... people talk about evil companies moving things off shore for cheaper work and lower taxes ...

Instead of whining and complaining ... how about doing something about it ... like making the US an attractive place for companies to do buisness?
Sure!! How about we start with you....your pay is now 50 cents an hour...

That will help make America a better place to do business.
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 10:11 AM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
If you let prices float too, that would work out just fine. Your arguments show signs of being stuck in the economics of past centuries, with static analysis and the labor or objective theories of value hidden within them. Go read some real economics and then come on back.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 10:14 AM
They call me Crash!
Kaw1000's Avatar
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Goat...so let me ask you.....is there anythng in this mans speech that you agree with?
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 10:14 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,738 Posts
If we were to tax the top 5% of wage earners at 75% of their AGI, we would barely have enough to cover the annual deficit being spent by Obama now.

Does anyone really believe that would help?

I don't, and in fact I believe it would cripple the economy and those who help drive it.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 10:16 AM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
I didn't watch all of it, but almost nothing. His economics are the economics of destruction and poverty, his politics those of control, stasis, division and strife. Look at what he is preaching here..envy, division, let's take what we want from others.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 10:25 AM
They call me Crash!
Kaw1000's Avatar
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
If we were to tax the top 5% of wage earners at 75% of their AGI, we would barely have enough to cover the annual deficit being spent by Obama now.

Does anyone really believe that would help?

I don't, and in fact I believe it would cripple the economy and those who help drive it.
Yes that is one thing he did not mention...our beloated gooberment. He
wants to tax the big guys but said nothing about cutting gooberment spending.
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 10:27 AM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
Bernie Sanders is a communist.
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Bit OT -- Full-scale manufacturer supports war against plan pirates byrocat Pusher Prop Jet Models 0 Aug 09, 2006 12:17 PM
Those who courted Saddam while he gassed Iranians are now waging war against him Hammer Head Life, The Universe, and Politics 39 Mar 26, 2003 03:57 AM
Pat Buchanan against the War?! Hammer Head Life, The Universe, and Politics 11 Mar 25, 2003 10:46 PM
Conservatives Against A War With Iraq Hammer Head Life, The Universe, and Politics 82 Mar 11, 2003 03:40 PM
I've decided I'm against a war and for peace! Michael in Toronto Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Feb 17, 2003 03:24 PM