HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:03 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,344 Posts

is it the heli?

are is it my mad flying skills lol!

ok I can keep my EXI250 airborn, mostly(yes its in for repairs) but I still concider myself a NEWB!

I'm on less then my 10th pack on this lil heli, and I'm loving its stablity!(of course that is after my freakin thumbs relaxed, lol)

ok batts are charged. have a great one!
whiskykid is online now Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: heli's
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:41 PM
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
You are talking apples and oranges.... I'm talking apples and apples...
Sorry Bob, I'm talking bearings and not fruit. They are not identical because they are made of different metals, although they both meet the same ABEC specs.
hfenn is offline Find More Posts by hfenn
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:43 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfenn View Post
Sorry Bob, I'm talking bearings and not fruit. They are not identical because they are made of different metals, although they both meet the same ABEC specs.
I agree...you were comparing the "same" bearings and found a noticeable difference. Question... Which is better over the long haul for wear? Chrome or stainless? Seems like the chrome would be smoother, as long as the plating holds up.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:46 PM
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
I agree...you were comparing the "same" bearings and found a noticeable difference. Question... Which is better over the long haul for wear? Chrome or stainless? Seems like the chrome would be smoother, as long as the plating holds up.
Chrome is harder than SS. All other things being equal, chrome should last longer. Maybe someone will try both and let us know.
hfenn is offline Find More Posts by hfenn
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:49 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Are we supposed to get a reply from it? I didn't get any confirmation and it all looked like it did what it's supposed to.
I didn't get a response, and I sent it twice.... No matter, I preordered the Micro Heli Aluminum blade grips Somebody has to be the goat boy here

So I'm flying the mCPx in my living room and I'm doing well, then suddenly I lose control and it's heading for my face at high speed. I shield my face with my hand and block it's impact. Man that hurts getting whacked with this!! LOL

The tether links worked very well and save me today from sniffing the floor looking for it!

I have written about it in my blog with a few more pictures
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:51 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
I didn't get a response, and I sent it twice.... No matter, I preordered the Micro Heli Aluminum blade grips Somebody has to be the goat boy here

So I'm flying the mCPx in my living room and I'm doing well, then suddenly I lose control and it's heading for my face at high speed. I shield my face with my hand and block it's impact. Man that hurts getting whacked with this!! LOL

The tether links worked very well and save me today from sniffing the floor looking for it!

I have written about it in my blog with a few more pictures
Is your eye out? Oh,sorry,I see you shielded your face.Arm dislocated?
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:51 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Chrome is harder than SS. All other things being equal, chrome should last longer. Maybe someone will try both and let us know.
I didn't look at the links. Were my expensive six dollar bearings the chrome ones?
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:56 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman View Post
Is your eye out? Oh,sorry,I see you shielded your face.Arm dislocated?
LOL, man it hurt at the time, much like slaming your fingers in a door

Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:59 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
How can you say that aren't you the one that posted they couldn't even find the 10 in a bag bearings that we are talking about???

You are comparing the chrome steel (apple) and stainless ( orange) ones and not the chrome steel each (apple) and packaged as ten in a bag (apple) ones...

Please post the part numbers you are talking about..

BUT doesn't really mater as these are not the proper style of bearing for this..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 29, 2011, 01:01 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
LOL, man it hurt at the time, much like slaming your fingers in a door

Check this out-a few days ago I was screwing around in the front yard,trying to get better at inverted circuits.Got a bit cocky,as I was getting near the end of my peak battery performance and the tail was starting to blow out.Anyway,was up about 25 feet,rolled it over nose first,the tail completely cut out and she piro'ed wildly.I hit TH,and somehow,out of all that,it was headed my way and I caught it underhanded,like someone had just tossed me a ball.Couldn't repeat that in a million years
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Mar 29, 2011, 01:06 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Check this out-a few days ago I was screwing around in the front yard,trying to get better at inverted circuits.Got a bit cocky,as I was getting near the end of my peak battery performance and the tail was starting to blow out.Anyway,was up about 25 feet,rolled it over nose first,the tail completely cut out and she piro'ed wildly.I hit TH,and somehow,out of all that,it was headed my way and I caught it underhanded,like someone had just tossed me a ball.Couldn't repeat that in a million years
That is amazing! It would have been sweet on Youtube!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 01:22 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Hehe. I was flying mine yesterday in front of my house and hovering it very near me, when a gust of wind brought it heading right toward my face, (I wear impact resistance glasses). I hit TH and ducked. It hit my shoulder, bounced up and I caught it with my opposite hand.

I was so proud of myself. I'm thinking about a career in professional baseball if this engineering thing doesn't work out.
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Old Mar 29, 2011, 02:36 PM
United Kingdom, Knutsford
Joined Feb 2011
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbennettya View Post
Sounds to me like a servo went crazy and you may have an impending failure. Try binding and put on TH then excercise the servos through their full range in both +/- pitch combined with cyclic maxes. You should be able to test like this for 10-15 minutes with will heat the servos more than flying. If it passed that test then your probably ok. Could have been an Alpha particle hit in the main board processor

Good Luck, Don
After servo testing showed no issue, 4 batteries in the park today and it flew without any problems
ihover is offline Find More Posts by ihover
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:24 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Yay, I'm finally flying mine. Fascinating. Definite learning curve.

Broke the elev swash ball off...got that outta the way.

Couldn't find the exact size "dress shirt pins"...ridiculous...a grown man, dremeling, filing, sanding, buffing and polishing away on.....a pin head! LOL!

This heli really takes one out of their comfort zone...just finding parts...sewing stores full of old ladies...fishing line technical stats...LOL!

Was wondering why it was so sketchy feeling...then did the ol' "Bob special Home Depot gear seating tool" trick....*snap*...ah so...that's how it's supposed to fly.

Using Bob's tx # settings...verr nice for tight indoor quarters. Thanks Bobo.

Cool heli...gonna bring it to work and fly in the gym I usually fly my 4Site in.

sorry blurry pics...battery eating camera.

Bud, happy Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:31 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
^^^ Thanks for posting that, it may come in handy just yet for me

So I was able to burn through 6 battery packs today! That's an accomplishment for me as I'm just getting the hang of this

All I did was basic Hovering in place and skating it back to the "X" spot on the floor, getting a feel for how it responds. Back to basics and it was pretty fun and even exhilarating for this noob.

Only one crash and that was the one earlier towards my face The space I'm flying in is pretty confined like about 5'x6', so I'll take this as a victory for now that I ran out of batteries before parts