HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:24 AM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Losing the tail a bit on the pumps and flips now

Don't know what I did(I was sleeping,for pete's sake!!!)but first flights this morning the tail was letting go when I'd ease it up and over.Just pumping it up and down now she's blowing out.
Did I sleep wrong?Was I cheating on her with other helis in my dreams?
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:34 AM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
CAT# SBC-1 $0.45 each
They've sold out of the pigtails - did you buy them all?
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:43 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBennett View Post
They've sold out of the pigtails - did you buy them all?

I only bought 20 of them.. and 20 connectors,,, I know I should of gotten more when they where in stock..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 28, 2011, 01:47 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
Doesn't have the larger mCP X connector, though. Just looks like an in-line adapter from the UM mSR to mCP X sized plug. Probably has smaller wires, too, which doesn't bode well for the higher current draw of the mCP X.
These batteries have a 25/45C rating- so the connector should be able to take the current shouldn't they? re hyperion 240mah battery as the stock battery is also a 25C
fairplane is offline Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:08 PM
S.E Missouri
Joined Mar 2010
196 Posts
MCP & DX6i Question

To get less neg pitch do i just do travel adj on the pitch channel or do i need to make all the servos the same.
Deserthobbies is offline Find More Posts by Deserthobbies
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:14 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserthobbies View Post
To get less neg pitch do i just do travel adj on the pitch channel or do i need to make all the servos the same.
You have pitch curves on that Tx, right? Sorry, I have the DX7. If so, you can raise the percentage values at the lower points (below half stick) to lessen the amount of negative pitch. ATV/travel adjust adjusts the overall throw of a given channel. I guess it could be used if you're already at 100% on both ends of your pitch curve(s), but that's not recommended. WAY too much pitch for this heli/motor combo. Most are running 70-75% and, sometimes, even 75% is too much and causes the tail to blow out/quit in hard maneuvers.

And, as far as "all servos the same", adjusting the ATV for the pitch channel would apply to all three servos. They are automatically mixed in the 3-in-1 board to provide even throw to move the swashplate straight up and down without tilting and inducing any unwanted cyclic inputs.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:14 PM
United Kingdom, Knutsford
Joined Feb 2011
204 Posts
what happened!

Been down the park with mCP X today.

On third battery, brought the heli to a hover after some FFF in idle up, 30m in the air, and it suddenly flipped itself on its side and smacked into the ground. It would not respond to any controls on its way down.

Broke skid, blades, elevator ball on swash. Also tail rotor bent, lost one head link and the main gear was off.

What happened?
ihover is offline Find More Posts by ihover
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:18 PM
S.E Missouri
Joined Mar 2010
196 Posts
Quote:
You have pitch curves on that Tx, right? Sorry, I have the DX7. If so, you can raise the percentage values at the lower points (below half stick) to lessen the amount of negative pitch. ATV/travel adjust adjusts the overall throw of a given channel. I guess it could be used if you're already at 100% on both ends of your pitch curve(s), but that's not recommended. WAY too much pitch for this heli/motor combo. Most are running 70-75% and, sometimes, even 75% is too much and causes the tail to blow out/quit in hard maneuvers.

And, as far as "all servos the same", adjusting the ATV for the pitch channel would apply to all three servos. They are automatically mixed in the 3-in-1 board to provide even throw to move the swashplate straight up and down without tilting and inducing any unwanted cyclic inputs.
Thanks , I dont do 3D, more a scale flyer so i wanted to get rid of most of the neg pitch.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:22 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Quote:

Set the pitch limits to +/- 75% using the TRAVEL settings, not the endpoints of the pitch curve. On the DX6i, the endpoints are called L and H, so you have to use the travel settings anyway. Just be sure to set it twice-- once with the stick down, and again with thye stick UP, so you set BOTH "+" and "-" travel.
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:24 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihover View Post

On third battery, brought the heli to a hover after some FFF in idle up, 30m in the air, and it suddenly flipped itself on its side and smacked into the ground. It would not respond to any controls on its way down.

Broke skid, blades, elevator ball on swash. Also tail rotor bent, lost one head link and the main gear was off.

What happened?
This happened to me on day one, but has not happened again.
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:25 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Most likely servo failure or main board failure. Trouble shoot it to determine what is FUBAR.

Good Luck, Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihover View Post

What happened?
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:31 PM
Joined Feb 2011
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro_pyro View Post
This happened to me on day one, but has not happened again.
How many flights since it happened to you?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:34 PM
Joined Feb 2011
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbennettya View Post
Most likely servo failure or main board failure. Trouble shoot it to determine what is FUBAR.

Good Luck, Don
What can I test? Put on new blades, swash etc and it flies fine in the garden after this?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:35 PM
S.E Missouri
Joined Mar 2010
196 Posts
Quote:
Set the pitch limits to +/- 75% using the TRAVEL settings, not the endpoints of the pitch curve. On the DX6i, the endpoints are called L and H, so you have to use the travel settings anyway. Just be sure to set it twice-- once with the stick down, and again with thye stick UP, so you set BOTH "+" and "-" travel.
Sorry for the Dumb question , Ive had this DX6i and never used it. lol
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:56 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
YES! You are right and thanks for the correction. I meant that setting for ATV and not to bump them down to 70/75% on the pitch curve pages. Use 100% on the pitch curves to get MAX throw...as afforded by the ATV settings limiting the absolute high and low travel range of that channel.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking