HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:48 PM
It's the Crack
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined Feb 2013
355 Posts
Silly question, but these days who does reflow and / or repairs on MCPX 3-in-1 boards? Also looking for possibly some esc daughter boards soldered on. Have an MCPX BL, want to tweak the v2

Peter
peterdawolf is offline Find More Posts by peterdawolf
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:17 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
so today my tail boom finally broke. well my brother tried to catch my heli, and it sorta went bad!! pretty much the heli whooped him, and the tail boom broke.

anyway, a trip to the LHS and i now have the blade long tail boom installed!! i could tell a little difference as the tail seems to hold a little better, but my experience isn't much (3 days or so).

question... the LHS heli guru (he's a really good pilot, and does pretty much all the work on heli's and planes for them) said that Eflite has 2 different batteries. one has a white label with blue writing (he said they are terrible), and a new series that has a blue label with white writing, he says these batteries have been very good. anybody here with experience with the Eflite BLUE labeled batteries?
I've learned my lessons on the various small eflite batteries in the past, and just don't bother with them anymore. If you want to save $ and are patient, get nanotechs from hobbyking. If you want something now and are willing to pay more - Thunder Power, Hyperion or Spyder will treat you very well. Ask your LHS what they carry besides e-flite, and check back here if you want.
habitforming is offline Find More Posts by habitforming
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:10 PM
It's the Crack
Joined Feb 2013
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming View Post
I've learned my lessons on the various small eflite batteries in the past, and just don't bother with them anymore. If you want to save $ and are patient, get nanotechs from hobbyking. If you want something now and are willing to pay more - Thunder Power, Hyperion or Spyder will treat you very well. Ask your LHS what they carry besides e-flite, and check back here if you want.
+1 on nanotech 300mah 1s 35-70c from hobbyking. Things are like $3 a piece and shipping is reasonable.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:17 PM
It's the Crack
Joined Feb 2013
355 Posts
And just for reference:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ade_mCPx_.html

Sorry, those are $4.59 a piece.

And the sexy 45c's at $5.59:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ade_mCPx_.html

The 45's are heavier, and probably not worth it.. I bought 6 of the 35c's and they fit the stock tray perfectly and seem to be decent.. I've read somewhere that the Hyperion's give a better discharge, but IDK, these are decent..

I use these in a crack yak:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

And I think I'm gonna convert the MCPX BL to either the JST or JST-XH balance plug on these packs to retain the stock appearance

Peter
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:26 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Guys, didn't we just post buddy codes for those a couple pages ago? Don't pay $5 each. I just ordered 3 more 300mAh 45C's for $7 + shipping. I scored three a week ago at the same price. $2.40 each. And there's a code for the 35C for less than $2.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:30 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
45C - http://rcsearch.info/hobbyking/i26736/#catalog $2.41 each

35C - http://rcsearch.info/hobbyking/i17808/#catalog $1.95 each

There's a max of 3 on buddy codes, and only one per order. Shipping is like $4. So you can order three of one, and place another order for 3 of the others. To use the code, log into your HK account, then follow the buy link from the above page. That will show you the sale price with an asterisk.

Add to your cart, and bump the total up three.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:36 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
heh, that's actually a new code! So I ordered 3 more. That's a total of 9 300mAh 45C I've picked up in the last month at $2.40 a pop. Always look for buddy codes!
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:52 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2006
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming View Post
I've been pleasantly surprised at how good the new E-flite 30C lipos are. I can charge at 3C and they seem to be pretty darn good. Can't tell a difference between my 2S Nanotech 260mah and the Eflite 30C 2S 200mah in flight. Having said that, I would not pay E-flight's higher price for the packs if I can get Hyperions or TP cheaper.

I'm doing a comparison of UM 1S packs this year. I just bought 2 Thunderpower 160's, 2 Hyperion 160s and 2 Eflite 150 35C batteries. It will be interesting after a season of flying which ones do the best and last the longest. They will be used in a 4-site and an UMX Extra 300 with lots of hovering and 3D. So, it will be easy to tell which is the best based on how much punch they have climbing out of a hover.
flynfrfun is offline Find More Posts by flynfrfun
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:09 AM
It's the Crack
Joined Feb 2013
355 Posts
Instead of converting the BL from stock, I opted for these instead:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pack-2S-JS...item4d0957247c
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:15 AM
It's the Crack
Joined Feb 2013
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arr0wHead View Post
45C - http://rcsearch.info/hobbyking/i26736/#catalog $2.41 each

35C - http://rcsearch.info/hobbyking/i17808/#catalog $1.95 each

There's a max of 3 on buddy codes, and only one per order. Shipping is like $4. So you can order three of one, and place another order for 3 of the others. To use the code, log into your HK account, then follow the buy link from the above page. That will show you the sale price with an asterisk.

Add to your cart, and bump the total up three.
What about for the 2s 300 non-eflite 45c's? Any buddy codes for those?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:19 AM
It's the Crack
Joined Feb 2013
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterdawolf View Post
What about for the 2s 300 non-eflite 45c's? Any buddy codes for those?
NVM... searching rcinfo
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:29 AM
It's the Crack
Joined Feb 2013
355 Posts
So, I managed to score some 3s on a weak buddy code, and 3 of the 45c 1s, plus I bought some 45c 2s for my other gear.

Thank you guys at rc groups rock on
Old Mar 17, 2013, 05:38 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,169 Posts
I just started to fly my two Mcp-x's recently. both a version 1's but excellent shape. One has long boom other stock. Had a little trouble in beginning but now aok. They both fly very well and nice handleing. Got a great deal on a v2 from Direct heli sale and await itas arrival. flying these with MSR/MSR-X/MQX and having a good time. DX6i nice TX to say the least.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:57 PM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
emm....

Just changed my tail boom to a longer one from HH yesterday and straight away went flying. During flight I noticed 2 anomalies:
1. When switch to IU, the heli started to shake (up/down movement) but not consistenly..when in normal mode its ok again......and...

2. I use 3 packs (hyperion) for the flight yesterday, it went just fine for the 1st flight, but in the 2nd flight, about 2 mins or more, the heli suddenly lost its power and went down (no damage). I tried again for the 3rd, this time although it went ok but the batt seems to drop (power) down faster (less than 4 mins).

.....emm I dont know what went wrong but gonna do some checking today and some test flight. Maybe I'll try changing back to the stock tail boom and see what happens. Wish me luck.
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:11 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,169 Posts
I never fix or change anything thats not broke. Sounds like new tail motor has amp draw issue. I breakin all my motors slowly for couple of packs to check them. I have replaced a few tail motors on other helis and run new motors slow also.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04