HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:07 AM
United States, TX, St Paul
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
Yes, after being completely humbled by the mcpx, there's something there I can actually fly.
georgeintexas is offline Find More Posts by georgeintexas
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:23 PM
Joined Sep 2011
331 Posts
what r the best blheli firmware settings for 3d flight? i messed up a few of the settings and dont remember were they originally were? i converted my mcpx to brushless and im talkkng about the settings on the computer
EJ1208 is online now Find More Posts by EJ1208
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:28 PM
Joined Sep 2011
331 Posts
and also where can i get a battery mount for a bigger 1s or 2s battery since the little 250 mah that came with it is just to wimpy lol
EJ1208 is online now Find More Posts by EJ1208
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:31 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
wow, I got my mcpx stuck in a tree. It really shows how much I like this heli because I used a ladder to get up in the tree and then climbed as high as I could and threw stuff at it until I got lucky and knocked it down. In hindsight I am way to old to be climbing trees. I got to find a new place to fly, my back yard trees have claimed too many helis. While I was up there I reclaimed a v911 but the board and who knows what else is shot, oh well, my mcpx is fine
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:13 AM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Aug 2008
1,330 Posts
Greg, the last time I was in a tree it was for a foam plane. I was in a park and had to stand on top of my Honda to get to the lowest branch, then climb from there. All that doesn't sound too bad, but I'm 62 and 6'2"/300lbs.! The wire landing gear had gotten tangled in a branch, required a lot of shaking to get it loose, but was able to manage that. Recovered with no damage as well.

I can identify with what you're saying!
ahicks is online now Find More Posts by ahicks
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:03 AM
Plane on the Brain
Joined Apr 2005
840 Posts
EJ1208 - there are some brands of 300mah with higher discharge that will fit the stock LG/battery holder

The best thing about this model is after you break a few of the main linkages (dog bones) the ball links gets worn a little and future crashes only pop off the dog bones. I somehow made it 30+ flights in a gym without breaking anything but the canopy. That includes (inverted into the ceiling, wrapped up in a college school banner, and rebounding off a basketball hoop)
coolboarder is offline Find More Posts by coolboarder
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:56 AM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2012
259 Posts
I'm a new mCPx-v2 owner and haven't been able to get outside to fly. Just ordered a Nano to fly inside. Keeping the v2 for outside. Can't wait for summer.
Rich Knapp is offline Find More Posts by Rich Knapp
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:09 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
I am fully begging one of you to sell me a used 3n1 lol. Pleaaase
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:18 AM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
What do you all recommend for my next heli...

Love my Mcpx and want either the 130x, ncpx, or BL MCPx...

Still only flying basic maneuvers as I'm fairly new to cp helis....
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:33 PM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo60 View Post
What do you all recommend for my next heli...

Love my Mcpx and want either the 130x, ncpx, or BL MCPx...

Still only flying basic maneuvers as I'm fairly new to cp helis....
go for 300x@450X
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:28 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmboy View Post
go for 300x@450x
++1
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:54 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2008
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
wow, I got my mcpx stuck in a tree. It really shows how much I like this heli because I used a ladder to get up in the tree and then climbed as high as I could and threw stuff at it until I got lucky and knocked it down. In hindsight I am way to old to be climbing trees. I got to find a new place to fly, my back yard trees have claimed too many helis. While I was up there I reclaimed a v911 but the board and who knows what else is shot, oh well, my mcpx is fine
The time I did it most spectacularly was to retrieve a paracopter. Needed to reach the closest house to ask for a ladder, than wired a straight tree branch on top of an umbrella I had in my car, and was finally able to retrieve the paracopter with just a couple of lines damaged. Quicly fixed the next day.

(sorry for slightly OT)
Tom_1971 is online now Find More Posts by Tom_1971
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:00 PM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_1971 View Post
The time I did it most spectacularly was to retrieve a paracopter. Needed to reach the closest house to ask for a ladder, than wired a straight tree branch on top of an umbrella I had in my car, and was finally able to retrieve the paracopter with just a couple of lines damaged. Quicly fixed the next day.

(sorry for slightly OT)
Got my 1st mcpx a month ago...then went flying...doing a fig 8 then a strong downdraft wind carried it towards an unused septic pond and ...down it goes into the abyss....well..I dont dare going into the pond as it was full of fish's waste......sorry my little bugger...RIP......a week later, got my 2nd.
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:06 PM
Just a whisper in the wind
United States, OH, Chillicothe
Joined Jul 2012
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
Got my 1st mcpx a month ago...then went flying...doing a fig 8 then a strong downdraft wind carried it towards an unused septic pond and ...down it goes into the abyss....well..I dont dare going into the pond as it was full of fish's waste......sorry my little bugger...RIP......a week later, got my 2nd.
Lol...+1
Birds of Prey is offline Find More Posts by Birds of Prey
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:54 PM
United States, TX, St Paul
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
I'm really confused by my mcpx/dx4e. I've had an intermittent problem where, after binding, as the power comes up the swash pivots to the back of the heli and the elevator servo goes to its lowest point. If I was trying to take off with it the heli would pivot up and back to the right and roll over. I thought I had a picture of it but I'm not finding it. I swapped 2 servos to be sure it wasn't just a bad servo but nothing changed. I took it to a local field a couple weeks ago and David from this board flew it with his dx6i and it flew pretty well. There were some power problems, but I found a broken wire and fixed it. I flew it for about 2 weeks and then last weekend the swash problem came back. Yesterday I took it to a local hobby store and showed it to the guy there. Nothing we tried made any change at all. I'd resigned myself to needing a new 3n1 board. However, just as I was about to leave, he brought over his dx7, bound the heli to it, and flew it. It flew fine. So, I assumed the Transmitter was bad. Today, for the heck of it, I put a battery in it, bound it to the dx4e and everything's fine again. I just went downstairs and flew all 6 batteries in the lobby with nary a glitch. Well, the feathering shaft is bent so there's a nasty vibration I need to fix. It bugs me to not know what's wrong with it. The only thing that's been consistent is that it has flown OK after somebody uses a programmable transmitter with it. But, I have no idea how long it'll work this time. Anybody have an idea what it might be?

Thanks,
George

Update: Just tried the heli again and the swash problem is already back.
georgeintexas is offline Find More Posts by georgeintexas
Last edited by georgeintexas; Feb 08, 2013 at 01:52 PM.