SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:24 PM
Team Mulikow
Zeta30's Avatar
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeintexas View Post
I'm having a yaw problem. As soon as I start to advance the throttle the tail rotor begins turning. This is normal except that the heli then begins turning to the right, even before the main rotor begins to turn. It slows a bit as the main spins up but lifting off results in wild spinning. I visually inspected the FET but there's no obvious failure there. Is there something else I should look for? The radio is a dx4e.

George
Did this issue just appear out of nowhere or did it happen after a crash? It almost sounds like you got the gyro reversed in your TX. Check the settings in your Transmitter compared to the manual and make sure the gyro isn't reversed.
Zeta30 is offline Find More Posts by Zeta30
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:39 PM
Progress with the process...
M3ATpl0w's Avatar
NE Alabama
Joined Feb 2011
140 Posts
Hey guys. I got the mCPx2 a couple of months ago, and really been enjoying it. I have been flying in normal mode, just trying to get the hang of it. Well, got brave this weekend and flipped into IU, and she fell out of the air like a rock. I went over and picked her up, and the little blue led on the main board was flashing. Not real fast like when you are binding, but like blink-blink-blink-pause, blink-blink-blink-pause. Now, even in normal mode, I can take off and hover for 10 to 30 seconds, and she drops like a rock, with the same flashing led. Tried rebinding...no help. Tx is a DX7, programmed per manual. Anyone have any ideas? TIA
M3ATpl0w is offline Find More Posts by M3ATpl0w
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:48 PM
Heli Mad
stevebarrow's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
981 Posts
Looks like it might be in non computer mode as the slow blink is normally seen with using a non programmable transmitter. Double check you are binding into computer mode - from memory might need right rudder on binding. If not this check your curves for idle up in the Tx
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:02 PM
Team Mulikow
Zeta30's Avatar
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ATpl0w View Post
Hey guys. I got the mCPx2 a couple of months ago, and really been enjoying it. I have been flying in normal mode, just trying to get the hang of it. Well, got brave this weekend and flipped into IU, and she fell out of the air like a rock. I went over and picked her up, and the little blue led on the main board was flashing. Not real fast like when you are binding, but like blink-blink-blink-pause, blink-blink-blink-pause. Now, even in normal mode, I can take off and hover for 10 to 30 seconds, and she drops like a rock, with the same flashing led. Tried rebinding...no help. Tx is a DX7, programmed per manual. Anyone have any ideas? TIA
Are you using the stock batteries by chance? A flashing LED could mean a couple of things:

1. The most common reason is low voltage. (the stock batteries are horrible and don't maintain their voltage well in stunt mode). One of my OEM batteries wouldn't even hold a charge well enough to hover the heli when it was right out of the box.
2. Binding issue. I know that you have re-bound the TX but when you did this process did you move the throttle to the far right? If not then the heli may think it is bound to a non-computerized radio which will cause issues.
Zeta30 is offline Find More Posts by Zeta30
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:22 PM
Progress with the process...
M3ATpl0w's Avatar
NE Alabama
Joined Feb 2011
140 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. Will try and report back.
M3ATpl0w is offline Find More Posts by M3ATpl0w
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:53 PM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
What is the advantage to metal/aluminium swash on this bird?

I was at my LHS and saw they had a large stock of meatl/aluminum swash plates and bearings?

IS it just for durability or does it help this one fly better?

THANKS!
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:07 PM
Team Mulikow
Zeta30's Avatar
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo60 View Post
What is the advantage to metal/aluminium swash on this bird?

I was at my LHS and saw they had a large stock of meatl/aluminum swash plates and bearings?

IS it just for durability or does it help this one fly better?

THANKS!
The stock plastic swash doesn't last very long. After about 100 flights mine developed a lot of slop. The Micro Heli swash will hold up better and not develop the slop, (not as fast as the plastic one anyway, they all wear out some time though).
Zeta30 is offline Find More Posts by Zeta30
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:23 PM
Registered User
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo60 View Post
What is the advantage to metal/aluminium swash on this bird?

I was at my LHS and saw they had a large stock of meatl/aluminum swash plates and bearings?

IS it just for durability or does it help this one fly better?

THANKS!
Go for it. It is one of two must haves for this heli. It takes the play out of the rotor assembly. The other is a solid cf extended tail boom.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:06 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, St Paul
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta30 View Post
Did this issue just appear out of nowhere or did it happen after a crash? It almost sounds like you got the gyro reversed in your TX. Check the settings in your Transmitter compared to the manual and make sure the gyro isn't reversed.
I'm embarassed to report what the problem was. Evidently I bumped the rudder trim as it was pushed all the way against the stop to the right. Putting it back in the middle where it belonged brought everything back to normal. I practiced hovering in the living room tonight for 8 batteries worth. Wow, the mcpx is a pretty big step up from the v911! Only hit one piece of furniture so it was a good session.

Thanks for the help.

George
georgeintexas is offline Find More Posts by georgeintexas
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:57 PM
Team Mulikow
Zeta30's Avatar
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
We've all had those moments, glad you got it figured out.
Zeta30 is offline Find More Posts by Zeta30
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:58 AM
Still a N00B
lebaez's Avatar
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2012
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeintexas View Post
Wow, the mcpx is a pretty big step up from the v911! Only hit one piece of furniture so it was a good session.

Thanks for the help.

George
One piece of furniture is not bad at all, I think I've tagged all mine at one point (good thing the wife wasn't watching).

I stepped up from a 120SR, but perhaps I wasn't ready for that. Still fun though.
lebaez is offline Find More Posts by lebaez
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:35 PM
Registered User
CPMBOY's Avatar
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
scale fuselage for mcpx

any of you guys did this to your mcpx and where to get one?......
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:48 PM
Registered User
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
any of you guys did this to your mcpx and where to get one?......
They have them at my LHS . I have no interest. I suspect it would put quite a load on the stock motor which would really slow it down but, I would think that anyone wanting it would be into scale flying.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:25 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, St Paul
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
After another good flying session today at lunchtime I moved out one of my v911s and moved the Mcpx into the heli case.



Life is good.

George
georgeintexas is offline Find More Posts by georgeintexas
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:43 AM
Registered User
CPMBOY's Avatar
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeintexas View Post
After another good flying session today at lunchtime I moved out one of my v911s and moved the Mcpx into the heli case.



Life is good.

George
nice...a complete learning package for beginners......
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade mCP X BNF Heli... ChuckTseeker Micro Helis 15445 Today 11:11 AM
Discussion Blade mCP X Discuss anything thread A Rdnek Micro Helis 457 Jul 26, 2011 11:34 PM
Discussion The New BLADE mCP X Has Arrived... ChuckTseeker Electric Heli Talk 38 Mar 27, 2011 07:35 PM
Discussion new blade mcp X anyone know anything new. epoweredrc Atlanta Area RC 6 Mar 16, 2011 08:14 PM
Discussion Blade mCP x - strictly on topic Q and A thread jdog83 Micro Helis 58 Feb 07, 2011 02:28 PM