SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:46 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Eve View Post
Thanks for the tip. So you're doing this with the battery removed from the battery holder and not in the holder?
You can do it either way, which ever you prefer. I do it with the battery still in the holder as that's easier for me I had the battery out in this case just to take the picture.
Zeta30 is offline Find More Posts by Zeta30
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:56 PM
Joined Mar 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta30 View Post
You can do it either way, which ever you prefer. I do it with the battery still in the holder as that's easier for me I had the battery out in this case just to take the picture.
I tried doing it with the battery in the holder but I found that my fingers bend the rear portion of the landing skids when trying to squeeze them in between the skids. I'll try removing the battery completely since it works.
St.Eve is offline Find More Posts by St.Eve
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:02 PM
Joined Sep 2011
331 Posts
i didnt no where to post this but i just finished my full brushless mod with blheli firmwareName: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357952417.203838.jpg
Views: 58
Size: 49.1 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357952516.939198.jpg
Views: 79
Size: 16.7 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357952523.573864.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 61.0 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357952530.388502.jpg
Views: 75
Size: 37.7 KB
Description:
EJ1208 is offline Find More Posts by EJ1208
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:29 PM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Aug 2008
1,502 Posts
MCPX noobie question here? Just getting back into heli's after a loooong absence. Haven't flown a collective heli since 60 sixed Xcel's and 32 sized Shuttle Zx's were popular (15 years)?

Anyway, decided to pick up an MCPX to play with while I'm putting a clone 450 together. Here's my question, in a hover, well out of ground effect (4ft.?) I have to hold a lot of forward cyclic and a little left rudder to keep the thing stationary. Normal, or not? Using the 4 ch. that came with it. Will be moving to a 7ch as soon as it gets here and I get that figured out....

Thanks, -Al
ahicks is online now Find More Posts by ahicks
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:01 PM
Joined Sep 2011
331 Posts
check ure trims and rebind the transmitter, but when u bind it dont move the heli let the gyros inisialize
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:21 PM
Joined Sep 2011
331 Posts
i have a question, im not getting alot of negative pitch in idle up, does anyone no a good lenght for the pushrods. i have a caliper i could use to check the lenghts. i tried adjusting them but in not getting any luck
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:21 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ1208 View Post
i have a question, im not getting alot of negative pitch in idle up, does anyone no a good lenght for the pushrods. i have a caliper i could use to check the lenghts. i tried adjusting them but in not getting any luck
You should adjust them so that the swash is as close to centered you can get and level at mid stick and have 0 pitch. Then set pitch travel up in your transmitter.
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Last edited by jrjr; Jan 12, 2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:24 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,596 Posts
I have about 10 flights on my mcpx. So far I have only been able to flip it once. All other tries have resulted in tbo. Just extended the tail boom to 6 1/4" so we will see how that works. Also just received some 300mah Nano batteries. They should help too. Been practicing on Phoenix to use the least amount of collective possible.... next step is brushless I guess. I know collective management is needed on this bird from what I have read so we will see. It flies great in normal flying though!
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:22 AM
Team Mulikow
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
MCPX noobie question here? Just getting back into heli's after a loooong absence. Haven't flown a collective heli since 60 sixed Xcel's and 32 sized Shuttle Zx's were popular (15 years)?

Anyway, decided to pick up an MCPX to play with while I'm putting a clone 450 together. Here's my question, in a hover, well out of ground effect (4ft.?) I have to hold a lot of forward cyclic and a little left rudder to keep the thing stationary. Normal, or not? Using the 4 ch. that came with it. Will be moving to a 7ch as soon as it gets here and I get that figured out....

Thanks, -Al
That is not normal. You should be able to hover with minimal stick input. There could be a number of causes from wrong TX settings to bad mechanical set up. As others have said go through the TX and make sure there is no trim anywhere. Make sure the swash is level too. It's also possible that a push rod or two may be uneven.

You didn't mention if you bought the heli new or used. If you bought it used, the tail issue could be from the motor wearing out. If you bought it new, again check that there is no trim for the rudder on the TX. It could also be a bad motor if the heli is new.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:47 PM
Italy
Joined Jun 2008
392 Posts
Yesterday, while hovering at eyes' level, I noticed that main blades are slightly out of track. However, the blade links have fixed length. Did the same happen to someone else? Is there any way to adjust the tracking? Thanks.
Tom_1971 is online now Find More Posts by Tom_1971
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:03 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,126 Posts
You could try swapping the links, or putting on another pair.
Blade grips or swash might be damaged.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:22 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_1971 View Post
Yesterday, while hovering at eyes' level, I noticed that main blades are slightly out of track. However, the blade links have fixed length. Did the same happen to someone else? Is there any way to adjust the tracking? Thanks.
Check the feathering spindle. If that gets bent your blades will not track well. The easy way to check this is to remove one of the blades, then take a screw driver and spin the screw that is holding the blade grip on the shaft. Watch the other blade, if the blade is moving up and down or side to side then you know the shaft is bent.

The feathering spindle is a little weird on the mCPX where one side has a Phillips screw and the other side uses a straight slot screw driver.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:55 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,126 Posts
^^ +1

Should have known that, mine did it
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:19 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
how much difference would be considered "out of track?"

mine has never been perfectly equal. without flying now and looking again, i remember it to be in the 2-3mm range. how does this compare to others?
habitforming is offline Find More Posts by habitforming
Last edited by habitforming; Jan 12, 2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:19 PM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Aug 2008
1,502 Posts
Many thanks for the replies! It is a new one.

So as a senior, I am officially calling it a DUH!!! moment....
The trims were not centered, and I knew that. A lesson has been learned.....

I thought I had read where the trims were not effective because of the gyro's, but apparently I didn't understand what I was reading properly, as it's now pretty apparent they are for sure!

Heli is now flying pretty well as expected. Thanks guys...
ahicks is online now Find More Posts by ahicks