Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:40 AM
Scammers need to go!
PilotDragonfly's Avatar
Slidell, La
Joined Oct 2006
1,446 Posts
Got my mcpx v2 and the kbdd blades and skids Wife says I can't touch them until christmas though I also lucked out and scored a nice lot of parts for only $10.00!!!! In my hand no shipping

Main blades both sets
Servo pushrod links
Head links
Blade grips
A good tail motor with two stock spare booms and blade!
And even a nip e-flite li-po
PilotDragonfly is offline Find More Posts by PilotDragonfly
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:29 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
jlk69's Avatar
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_dragonfly View Post
Got my mcpx v2 and the kbdd blades and skids Wife says I can't touch them until christmas though I also lucked out and scored a nice lot of parts for only $10.00!!!! In my hand no shipping

Main blades both sets
Servo pushrod links
Head links
Blade grips
A good tail motor with two stock spare booms and blade!
And even a nip e-flite li-po
Good score! At least $55 worth of parts.
jlk69 is online now Find More Posts by jlk69
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:37 PM
Registered User
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,545 Posts
I picked up a decent used RTF MQX, and also a new Mcpx version one. I only have small TX for MQX. Will a DX5e fly the Mcpx ? Don't have $$ for a DX6i right now. The small game boy TX for MQX is hard as I am use to big TX's.
Devo 7/T9X 2402D etc. They sell DX4e with Mcpx RTF ? I posted this on beginner thread but nada. Maybe one of fellow Mcpx guys would know. I heard they do something to DX4e to make it work a c/p heli. I have extra blades/ batteries/tail rotor and would like to try my new baby . Thanks,....>Dan
Just want to know if DX5e will work as is.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:19 PM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Yes it will work, it's the heli that does the magic to make it work with a non computer radio. You wouldn't have some of the luxuries though. Look up the instructions for the McpX for the binding instructions for non computer radio, there is some technique to do with holding the rudder stick over while binding or something like that.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:05 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I picked up a decent used RTF MQX, and also a new Mcpx version one. I only have small TX for MQX. Will a DX5e fly the Mcpx ? Don't have $$ for a DX6i right now. The small game boy TX for MQX is hard as I am use to big TX's.
Devo 7/T9X 2402D etc. They sell DX4e with Mcpx RTF ? I posted this on beginner thread but nada. Maybe one of fellow Mcpx guys would know. I heard they do something to DX4e to make it work a c/p heli. I have extra blades/ batteries/tail rotor and would like to try my new baby . Thanks,....>Dan
Just want to know if DX5e will work as is.
The mcpx is fantastic. I have personally never flown with the dx5e, but here is a bit of insight that I picked up. There is a fairly decent 3d helicopter pilot at my local club that flys a range of helis from the mcpx, to 600 size helis. He is very proficient with all of them. When he flies his mcpx with the 5e, he struggles to have it perform as well as it should. Its a major handicap, especially if its your first custom pitch heli. You can usually snag a cheap dx6i on the classifieds but they go very quickly.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:26 PM
Scammers need to go!
PilotDragonfly's Avatar
Slidell, La
Joined Oct 2006
1,446 Posts
Yeah I agree with the above. I wouldn't fly the mcpx or any other heli with anything less than the dx6i. You just loose to many of the fine tuning features with the dx5e.
PilotDragonfly is offline Find More Posts by PilotDragonfly
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:20 AM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Ugh ran out of dog bones, ordered two packs, should be here tomorrow or Monday, I love my mcpx.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:41 AM
Registered User
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,545 Posts
Ali-Express has DX6i with either AR6100 or AR6100e rx combo for $105.90.
It is dsm2 and not dsmx. I assume this will work as my Mcpx is v1? Will this dsm2 work with other Blade helis as Not up on this dsm2/ dsmx stuff ?? Sorry but knid of important. Hate to buy something and have problem later.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:58 AM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Ali-Express has DX6i with either AR6100 or AR6100e rx combo for $105.90.
It is dsm2 and not dsmx. I assume this will work as my Mcpx is v1? Will this dsm2 work with other Blade helis as Not up on this dsm2/ dsmx stuff ?? Sorry but knid of important. Hate to buy something and have problem later.
yes, dsm2 and dsm-x are interchangeable both ways
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:35 AM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Ali-Express has DX6i with either AR6100 or AR6100e rx combo for $105.90.
It is dsm2 and not dsmx. I assume this will work as my Mcpx is v1? Will this dsm2 work with other Blade helis as Not up on this dsm2/ dsmx stuff ?? Sorry but knid of important. Hate to buy something and have problem later.
I would honestly post a want ad in the classifieds and check on helifreak/rcuniverse/runryder before ordering from there. It will take quite a while to get it from ali and then if you have a problem, spektrum(horizon) might not give you any warranty coverage since it was not bought through them. The best part about using their stuff, is their customer service.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:42 AM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Aug 2012
20 Posts
Problems with my new mCP X

I tested out my new DX6i, Nano CP X, and mCP X last night. The DX6i and Nano both seem to work fine but I'm concerned about the mCP X. The problems are:

1. The main motor does not turn smoothly when it is off. It has a lot of resistance compared to the Nano and my other micro helis and quads. Once it starts turning it gets a bit easier but still significantly harder to turn than the others. During the first flight, at liftoff the motor does not initially turn and the tail rotor actual spins the heli as it overcompensates. With enough throttle the motor will start to spin and I can take off. After a minute or so I checked the motor and there was a burnt smell coming from the motor area. I'm not sure exactly where it was coming from and there is no visible damage, just a faint smell of "somethings not right". I stopped using it at that point.

2. The left servo (when viewed from behind) jitters significantly when it is in the full up position. I'm not talking about the constant servo twitching that both the Nano and mCP X do while sitting still, I mean it is jumping around like crazy relative to the other servos when it is on the ground standing still.

Does anyone recognize these symptoms and know what to do? Will they just go away after a break in period? Should I contact the store I bought it from? I can post videos later if that will help.

Thanks!
qpalzm is offline Find More Posts by qpalzm
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
Ugh ran out of dog bones, ordered two packs, should be here tomorrow or Monday, I love my mcpx.
These blade grips are fantastic. The screw that attaches the dog bone to the blade grip actually goes through the linkage and doesnt allow them to fly off in a crash.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:54 AM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpalzm View Post
I tested out my new DX6i, Nano CP X, and mCP X last night. The DX6i and Nano both seem to work fine but I'm concerned about the mCP X. The problems are:

1. The main motor does not turn smoothly when it is off. It has a lot of resistance compared to the Nano and my other micro helis and quads. Once it starts turning it gets a bit easier but still significantly harder to turn than the others. During the first flight, at liftoff the motor does not initially turn and the tail rotor actual spins the heli as it overcompensates. With enough throttle the motor will start to spin and I can take off. After a minute or so I checked the motor and there was a burnt smell coming from the motor area. I'm not sure exactly where it was coming from and there is no visible damage, just a faint smell of "somethings not right". I stopped using it at that point.

2. The left servo (when viewed from behind) jitters significantly when it is in the full up position. I'm not talking about the constant servo twitching that both the Nano and mCP X do while sitting still, I mean it is jumping around like crazy relative to the other servos when it is on the ground standing still.

Does anyone recognize these symptoms and know what to do? Will they just go away after a break in period? Should I contact the store I bought it from? I can post videos later if that will help.

Thanks!
My tail motor starts to spin before my main motor and has on every mcpx I have owned. The heli sort of "jumps" when the main motor kicks on and it does seem quite resistant compared to most brushed motors its size. The servo thing, I would have to see a video to see what you mean. Do you know what you have your end point set at on the radio? Maybe its exceeding the servo and causing it to behave this way? The burning smell doesnt sound right though lol.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:21 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
These blade grips are fantastic. The screw that attaches the dog bone to the blade grip actually goes through the linkage and doesnt allow them to fly off in a crash.
I was a big fan of those until I started breaking the linkages (learning 3D). Then it was a PITA, especially if you drop the tiny screw at the field. I found all I needed to keep from losing the linkage is a rotor head that had a closed loop around the linkage - usually only one side of the linkage gives and the loop keeps it from flying off. I started to hate those things so much that I convinced myself to pay the extra costs to replace the two sets I had for the ones I linked to.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:29 PM
Plane on the Brain
coolboarder's Avatar
Joined Apr 2005
839 Posts
qpalzm

1) sounds like mine new out of the box. I did'nt think twice about it, i just go from 0-20% throttle somewhat swiftly on spoolup. I do that on the 450X also. As far as burnt smell are you talking faint model train smell or gross smell
coolboarder is offline Find More Posts by coolboarder
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade mCP X BNF Heli... ChuckTseeker Micro Helis 15402 Jul 20, 2014 09:37 PM
Discussion Blade mCP X Discuss anything thread A Rdnek Micro Helis 457 Jul 26, 2011 11:34 PM
Discussion The New BLADE mCP X Has Arrived... ChuckTseeker Electric Heli Talk 38 Mar 27, 2011 07:35 PM
Discussion new blade mcp X anyone know anything new. epoweredrc Atlanta Area RC 6 Mar 16, 2011 08:14 PM
Discussion Blade mCP x - strictly on topic Q and A thread jdog83 Micro Helis 58 Feb 07, 2011 02:28 PM