SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:12 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,620 Posts
With the so called Toys you can fly them almpost anyware. My friend works with big helis and now has a good sized box of crashed junk $$$$$$$$ !!!!!
I went small and aside from a few minor replacement parts they all are here flying. Buddie forgot to remove his battery from T-Rex 500 and puffed it so bad it burst all over his new bird . Don't get me wrong I have a rtf 450 and a kit with all the goodies to be assembled. ....> Later on them. Now fly at any time morn./noon/nite/late nite/ or late late nite.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:17 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I have gone plumb crazy with heli's! I started this collection less than 2 months ago! I just opened up a brand new MCPX V2 and upon initial inspection the swashplate is a long ways from level. I spent alot of time setting up my other MCPX and now I can at least keep it in the air for more than a minute at a time, in a space approx. 24x20.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:12 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
RE: Tail kick - Tried fixing on again/off again tail kick with a new main motor. It would only show up once in a while, so I finally replaced the motor tonight and flew 3 batteries, and it it fine. Crossing fingers. I hope it isn't the board. No bad solder joints that I can see.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:11 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I have my rebuilt MCPX flying ok now. This one has a metal shaft and all metal head upgrades. I bought it second hand with these parts on it. When in the air it will hover quite well, but will all of a sudden pick up speed and start to shoot off in one direction or the other.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:45 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Is there some info on how to properly set up a swash on one of these guys? I saw a nano fly and its definately more responsive then the mcpx, but I love my mcpx, gotta get some parts together to get it back in the air, what upgrades are recommended for this bird?
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:07 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
Is there some info on how to properly set up a swash on one of these guys? I saw a nano fly and its definately more responsive then the mcpx, but I love my mcpx, gotta get some parts together to get it back in the air, what upgrades are recommended for this bird?
Swash really doesn't have much to do about how responsive a heli flies. A properly set up swash will make a heli fly better, for example it will fly straighter and not drift as opposed to one with a swash that is not properly set up, or in a over a properly set up swash will hover with minimal stick movement and even will hover with no movement at all for a few seconds, but wil an improperly set up swash you are always correcting because the heli will want to drift.

If you want your heli to be more responsive simply reduce the expo.
Zeta30 is offline Find More Posts by Zeta30
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Spencer's mCPX flight (3 min 35 sec)

My new mcpx on its 12th flight this thing is awesome.
snordqk is offline Find More Posts by snordqk
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:00 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,786 Posts
Dude, love your yards. Where is that, Vegas? right next to the airport it sounds like. No grass, no weeds, no leaves. Course I kinda like my wooded back yard for the buggies and airsoft battles.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:38 AM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Dude, love your yards. Where is that, Vegas? right next to the airport it sounds like. No grass, no weeds, no leaves. Course I kinda like my wooded back yard for the buggies and airsoft battles.
It is actually in Arizona, somewhat close to the airport. I do enjoy not having a lot of trees around to snag my small airplanes and helicopters LOL
snordqk is offline Find More Posts by snordqk
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:42 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,786 Posts
Arizona was my next guess.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:58 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta30 View Post
Swash really doesn't have much to do about how responsive a heli flies. A properly set up swash will make a heli fly better, for example it will fly straighter and not drift as opposed to one with a swash that is not properly set up, or in a over a properly set up swash will hover with minimal stick movement and even will hover with no movement at all for a few seconds, but wil an improperly set up swash you are always correcting because the heli will want to drift.

If you want your heli to be more responsive simply reduce the expo.
I said I want my mcpx to be responsive? I like it just the way it is, I was just saying the nano is more responsive. My question is how does one set up the swash properly on a mcpx? Example - equal pitch in both directions, etc.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:16 PM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
I like the RObot.
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:31 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
I said I want my mcpx to be responsive? I like it just the way it is, I was just saying the nano is more responsive. My question is how does one set up the swash properly on a mcpx? Example - equal pitch in both directions, etc.
Sorry, your original post made me think you wanted your mCPX to be more responsive like the Nano.

Setting up the mCPX is not much different than any other FBL heli.

You first need to set it up mechanically. This means making sure that all of the rods are the same length, then assuming you have a a linear pitch curve in the TX, at 50% throttle you want the blades to be at 0 degree pitch. Once you obtain this you can then set up your pitch curves.

There's quite a few set up videos over on helifreak that walk you through it step by step.
Zeta30 is offline Find More Posts by Zeta30
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:04 PM
Scammers need to go!
Slidell, La
Joined Oct 2006
1,458 Posts
Hey guys one more quick question. Is it worth buying the metal rotor head(just the head) ? If so, is the xtreme worth it or should I just buy the microheli version?
HyperHelis is online now Find More Posts by HyperHelis
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:30 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
I think the only metal upgrade worth it is the swash plate.
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow