Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:21 PM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
Using a DX6i with the settings from the manual. My 120 SR motor is not this hard to turn by hand, and it feels alot smoother as well. Shouldnt this motor feel very similar? At least not harder to turn? When it does lift off it shoots off immediately to the side. I will take a short video to better show it.
Perhaps also post a close-up picture of the swash plate/servo area - maybe someone will see something wrong.
KevinBuckley70 is offline Find More Posts by KevinBuckley70
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:48 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Ok, I edited out this post because I found out the motor is surely bad. My board starting flashing slowly and servo stopped working, I didnt know what the heck??? It was because the battery was drained, way down to about 3v. This after only a few tries to get it going, the motor is draining the battery super fast. I may have ruined two new batteries, as when it wouldnt lift off I put in the other and tried it. It drained that one too, very quickly.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Last edited by stuball56; Nov 21, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:26 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
The person I bought it from is being helpful and understanding. That's pretty good! He is sending me a new motor and couple other parts and I will rebuild it.
Last edited by stuball56; Nov 21, 2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:57 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,473 Posts
Just heard from another rcgroups member that he got an email from amainhobbies that the mcpx BNF will be $100 with free shipping on black Friday. Oh, if I didn't already have a nano!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:02 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,026 Posts
Here you go...

Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:07 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,473 Posts
I didn't get that email, and I've ordered a couple of times from them in the lat year.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:00 AM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,067 Posts
Quote:
Using a DX6i with the settings from the manual. My 120 SR motor is not this hard to turn by hand, and it feels alot smoother as well. Shouldnt this motor feel very similar? At least not harder to turn? When it does lift off it shoots off immediately to the side. I will take a short video to better show it.
I had something similar to this happen to my used mcpx that I purchased on another site. The "aileron" servos were plugged into the opposite spots on the board. It took me probably 10 hours to figure it out and I was ready to pull my hair out. The motor would spool up fine but as soon as I would give it a little bit of throttle to get it off the ground, no matter how much left aileron, it would just dump to the right. Not sure if this is your problem but I hope you get it worked out!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:45 PM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Just heard from another rcgroups member that he got an email from amainhobbies that the mcpx BNF will be $100 with free shipping on black Friday. Oh, if I didn't already have a nano!
Yep, got the email - too bad I already have two :rolleyes
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:46 PM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Yep, got the email - too bad I already have two
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:03 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,448 Posts
Quote:
My mCPX has more resistance then my 120SR when I turn main gear. It's normal.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:32 PM
Italy
Joined Jun 2008
379 Posts
Quote:
How I'd love to live in USA...
Tom_1971 is offline Find More Posts by Tom_1971
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:41 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBomber View Post
Yep, got the email - too bad I already have two
I only have one! So, guess I'll have to buy another, at that price, I just can't pass it up. It really is a super deal. To have two is ideal, one to fly and one to fix, lol.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:02 PM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Or, in my case, one scale, one for stupid 3D tricks . But yeah, I've robbed parts off one to fly the other at times......if I hadn't just bought the nano, I'd probably pick up a third for spares.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:51 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2008
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBomber View Post
Or, in my case, one scale, one for stupid 3D tricks . But yeah, I've robbed parts off one to fly the other at times......if I hadn't just bought the nano, I'd probably pick up a third for spares.
Scale? Do you mean you have a fuselage for the mcpx? I just did a research yesterday on this topic but I haven't found that much (almost nothing)... Would be great!
Although greater would be to convince Santa Claus to bring me a mcpx, but I'm confident I'll manage
Tom_1971 is offline Find More Posts by Tom_1971
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:30 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Here ya go! I think it looks pretty good. And supposed to be a fit for the V1 or V2.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...X-FAI-Fuselage
Seems A-Main Hobbies has added quite a few new products for the MCP X, all different colored blades, orange landing skids! Bunch of stuff.
Last edited by stuball56; Nov 23, 2012 at 07:45 AM.