SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Yes, if the motor has a short or locked rotor. You'd need a very good DVM that can read less than 1 Ohm. An easy test would be to connect it up to a standard 1.5V Alkaline battery and see if it runs or use a power supply with a current meter. The motor should take about 0.5A or so at no load running.

Good Luck, Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:30 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbennettya View Post
Yes, if the motor has a short or locked rotor. You'd need a very good DVM that can read less than 1 Ohm. An easy test would be to connect it up to a standard 1.5V Alkaline battery and see if it runs or use a power supply with a current meter. The motor should take about 0.5A or so at no load running.

Good Luck, Don
Thanks Don. Very helpful.

Jim
J_skaggs is online now Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Last edited by J_skaggs; Oct 26, 2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:11 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Does anyone have a finished er9x mcpx template? I am having a heck of a time getting my mcpx to fly the way I want and the best template I have found, will not work as it is stuck in rage check mode. I have made my own and so far it has been worthless lol. Any help is appreciated!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:37 PM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
820 Posts
So after crashing my mcpx into a gnarly bush which took me almost an hour to get out of, I got smart and got away from the bushes and crashed onto my neighbor's roof I need to stick to football fields or pitch for those across the pond.
mckolit is offline Find More Posts by mckolit
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:29 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I have a couple mCPX (v1 and v2). The v2 started started kicking out 45-90 left. It's like a periodic kick every 2 seconds or so. No crashes on this to speak of.

I put on the v1 motor/boom that works well, and it is exactly the same. Any advice?
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Last edited by eagle777; Oct 28, 2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:52 AM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Does the motor cut when it does this?
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
I have the nano CPX, mCPX and 130X and to my surprise, though I like them all greatly. I find myself flying the mCPX the most. I find that it gives me the most versatility and overall enjoyment. I can fly it under more conditions than the other two. The nano is good for small areas but, not in wind and is the most durable. The 130X needs more space and flies in the wind. The 130X is least durable. The mCPX is a good compromise as it falls directly in the middle. I don't fly 3D just scale flying.
Last edited by J_skaggs; Oct 28, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:37 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I have the nano CPX, mCPX and 130X and to my surprise, though I like them all greatly. I find myself flying the mCPX the most. I find that it gives me the most versatility and overall enjoyment. I can fly it under more conditions than the other two. The nano is good for small areas but, not in wind and is the most durable. The 130X needs more space and flies in the wind. The 130X is least durable. The mCPX is a good compromise as it falls directly in the middle. I don't fly 3D just scale flying.
+1 . Best Regards.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:27 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBomber View Post
Does the motor cut when it does this?
Hi thanks, It looked like a harmonic vibration that happened every 0.75 seconds or so after I loosened the main blade grips.

I replaced the main gear, loosened up the blades a bit more, and tightened every screw. Now it just has a bit of tail hunting. I'll use a bit of hot glue for the battery holder/skid where it inserts into the frame and dynamically balance the blades. Any other suggestions?
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:16 PM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Kinda sounds like what mine was doing when the batteries were getting weak - It would shake on increases in collective, but different from the grommet/dirty servo type shake, and the tail would kick out periodically, but the LVC wouldn't kick in. Not so much a suggestion as an observation.
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:12 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I have new Hyperions and old HK Nanos, no difference between them. I did hot glue the battery holder posts into the frame, and it is much better. The post fit was very loose, and the post would slip a bit every other flight. Next is balancing the blades this weekend, and that should be it.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:00 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,272 Posts
I havent been on here in a long while. Ive decided that helis are just not my thing and I am settling for planes so I am selling both my MCPX V2 and my MCX2 in a couple of weeks. BTW I bought two sets of KBDD blades, extra batt, two green canopies, one green tail fin, long tail boom, barely used pair of bulleted blades, etc. Also for my MCX2 I bought glow in the dark blades and tail fin and two thunder power batts. PM me if you are interested in either one.

NOTE: These helis are not in the classfields yet so you guys have the first grabs for them.

ALSO: I am selling my DX6i with the AR6210 and satellite, you can find it here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1763736

Sorry if you think that this is the worst place to post this stuff in but I need the attention so I can get the $. Thx for understanding.....even if you dont

-joker
joker24458 is online now Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:42 AM
United States, MA, Sterling
Joined Sep 2009
406 Posts
I have an version 1 about 1 year old with 50 flights on it maybe. I had to send it out to get a FET replaced and I just got it back together last night and no it has another issue. The Main motor won't spool up until it gets to at least half throttle. Even in stunt mode it doesn't want to start up right away. Has anyone had this happen? It this heli now spare parts? Thanks
Beancounter is online now Find More Posts by Beancounter
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:55 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
I have an version 1 about 1 year old with 50 flights on it maybe. I had to send it out to get a FET replaced and I just got it back together last night and no it has another issue. The Main motor won't spool up until it gets to at least half throttle. Even in stunt mode it doesn't want to start up right away. Has anyone had this happen? It this heli now spare parts? Thanks
I have had similar problem with mine. I changed the motor and that corrected it.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:45 PM
United States, MA, Sterling
Joined Sep 2009
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I have had similar problem with mine. I changed the motor and that corrected it.
Yea I tried that along with rebinding but nothing seems to work
Beancounter is online now Find More Posts by Beancounter