SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:30 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBuckley70 View Post
Any recommendations for the best glue to use to repair a snapped landing gear strut? Broken at the root. Epoxy doesn't seem to adhere.
Hot glue seems to work the best for me.
Zeta30 is offline Find More Posts by Zeta30
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:42 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
Or Tarzans grip.
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:44 PM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Wrap the break in thread, then coat the thread in CA.
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:57 AM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
My BL mcpx with Xp7a and C05m set up has always been a problem with tail blowouts. The yellow wire from theSteve was connected to the resistor on the board. I moved the wire to the + side of the motor connector and now it flies like a dream. Tail is super solid no matter how I punch it. Why is everyone saying it's much better to connect it to the resistor?
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:06 AM
Heli Mad
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
The resistor gives better throttle resolution.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:42 AM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
Ah ok. So it doesn't matter where you decide to plug the yellow wire if you only fly in 3d mode?
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:14 AM
Heli Mad
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
I used the motor plug point and always flew idle up so didn't miss it.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:40 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,567 Posts
could it possibly be? a steve?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:11 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,683 Posts
Looks more like a BLHeli flashed ESC to me. BLHeli with it's ability to program using the BLHeliSetup GUI is the preferred method. However, it usually require soldering on headers to flash the ESC. I think HobbyKing is cashing in on the method now by introducing an ESC that is likely already flashed. And the header pins already soldered on. They even sell the Toolstick now for a decent price.

Original topic here:
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=390517
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
This thread appears to be dying. I had to go back four pages to get to it today. I guess the nano cPX is the cause. I actually fly my mCPX more than the nano because, it flies better in the wind. The nano does out perform the mCPX in windless conditions.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:51 PM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Ongoing theme on this forum since I've been on here: bigger better faster more. Despite that, some models have had extended longevity, and the mCPx was groundbreaking enough I thought it would gain a cult following like the GWS Tiger Moth, but I guess" rotorheads are more susceptible to consumerism ADD than "plankers"., or more likely it;s just the shift from "hobbyist" to "credit card hobbyist". Egads, I'm starting to sound like Dereck. I finally unboxed my NIB spare and crashed it good today, since I have dedicated my original mCPx to a scale project......now I can tinker with both.
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:34 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
This thread appears to be dying. I had to go back four pages to get to it today. I guess the nano cPX is the cause. I actually fly my mCPX more than the nano because, it flies better in the wind. The nano does out perform the mCPX in windless conditions.
Is there a discussion somewhere on what mCPX parts can be swapped out with the HK FBL100 or similar heli's ?
I'd be more interested in how to reduce the running costs of new parts for mine, rather than brushless upgrades etc. Parts cost more here than the USA.
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
Maybe because there isn't that much left to talk about with the MCPX, everything has been covered a few times over. If I have a problem or questions I just come use the search function and there is the answer. Been flying and enjoying the heli a lot, many thanks to all those who have contributed here.
AlarmedBread is offline Find More Posts by AlarmedBread
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:05 PM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Bah, there's plenty to talk about.

We could talk about how to make a tail motor mount (old one lost in crash) from a balsa block with a slot filed in it, a servo horn keeper, and some orthodontic rubber bands.

Or we could talk about my pitiful attempt at a scale project using one of Darth's fuselages and this FS heli as a base:
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:17 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Is it possible for a defective main motor to take out the main pcb? Is there any way to test the motor using a multimeter? When I put my multimeter to the motor leads I get zero resistance.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs