HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:20 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jun 2008
1,157 Posts
I see people posting regarding the Pitch travel setting being at 70%.

Mine is currently set at 75% and looking at the aileron and elevator, they are at 100%. Shouldn't they all be the same or is it different than setting up a TREX 450?
richord is offline Find More Posts by richord
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:43 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Mixing is on-board and automatic. Not like your 450.

Aile and elev control the overall cyclic throw, and pitch controls the overall collective travel.

You can change pitch range without adjusting anything else. You can change aile and elev throw without affecting collective pitch range.
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro_pyro View Post
Mixing is on-board and automatic. Not like your 450.

Aile and elev control the overall cyclic throw, and pitch controls the overall collective travel.

You can change pitch range without adjusting anything else. You can change aile and elev throw without affecting collective pitch range.
Makes sense. Thank you.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:26 AM
Joined Jun 2008
1,157 Posts
My KBDD main blades seem to have warped. Has anyone attempted to straighten them by putting them in hot water and pressing them under heavy books or any other methods?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:04 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richord View Post
My KBDD main blades seem to have warped. Has anyone attempted to straighten them by putting them in hot water and pressing them under heavy books or any other methods?
Just straighten them with your hands.
jhroof is online now Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:23 AM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,857 Posts
After working fine for several months, my MCPx is having troubles. As soon as the battery is connected, it goes to max throttle. The throttle channel on the TX is not reversed, and re-binding doesn't help. The throttle stick will activate the tail rotor, but nothing will stop the main one except unplugging the battery. Is the main board fried?
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:03 PM
Blade mSR freak
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Not the entire board, just one of the driver FET's. (the two little 3-pronged black transistors next to the main motor connector.) Those are essentially the electrical "valves" that regulate power to the motor, and they're stuck open (closed, actually.) They can be replaced by any technician with surface-mount skills.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,710 Posts
Quote:
Not the entire board, just one of the driver FET's. (the two little 3-pronged black transistors next to the main motor connector.) Those are essentially the electrical "valves" that regulate power to the motor, and they're stuck open (closed, actually.) They can be replaced by any technician with surface-mount skills.
+ 1 for sure!
eranrc is offline Find More Posts by eranrc
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:17 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
After working fine for several months, my MCPx is having troubles. As soon as the battery is connected, it goes to max throttle. The throttle channel on the TX is not reversed, and re-binding doesn't help. The throttle stick will activate the tail rotor, but nothing will stop the main one except unplugging the battery. Is the main board fried?
unplug all your servos and plug only the motors and punch quickly the troutle. do it also to yor tail motor.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:39 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,857 Posts
Quote:
I might be able to do it myself if I had the correct replacement part. Is it a standard size FET or would I only be able to get it from HH? How would you know which one is the bad one?
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:44 PM
Blade mSR freak
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
There's two FETs near the main motor connector, and they're connected in parallel. Just replace them both. Replacements can be found on EBay if you don't know which ones to order from Mouser.

Clip the legs on the old ones, then de-solder and push away the legs one at a time. Add a few dots of liquid flux, then re-flow the legs on the new FETs one at a time.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:05 PM
Flying the Spyder
United States, PA, Parkesburg
Joined Mar 2008
301 Posts
Just tried a 7a brushless esc and converter all in one with a 11kpv inrunner motor. It seems like it's drawing too much power. It flew for a little while then the board blue light turned off and the chopper fell. I fealt the batt and was fairly warm. Any suggestions?

I like the stability of the stock setup. This apparently has something wrong.
eaglescry24 is offline Find More Posts by eaglescry24
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Jun 2008
1,157 Posts
If I do a brushless conversion on the MCPX, with this resolve tail blow outs.

I recently have been attempting flips and rolls and the tail blows out way to often. My only real complaint regarding this heli.

I have the solid extended tail boom and have tried the KBDD Main blades and tail blade.

I recently blew out a tail FET and replace the FET. I was just starting to do the flips and rolls, so I don't recall if this was an issue prior to the FET change. Is this typical with a stock setup, with the exception of an extended tail boom.

I didn't really want to go brushless, but if it will provide a fairly rock solid tail during 3D, then I may try it.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:24 PM
Flying the Spyder
United States, PA, Parkesburg
Joined Mar 2008
301 Posts
I would try putting new motors in then if that doesn't work try new batteries.

Quote:

I recently have been attempting flips and rolls and the tail blows out way to often. My only real complaint regarding this heli.

I have the solid extended tail boom and have tried the KBDD Main blades and tail blade.

I recently blew out a tail FET and replace the FET. I was just starting to do the flips and rolls, so I don't recall if this was an issue prior to the FET change. Is this typical with a stock setup, with the exception of an extended tail boom.

I didn't really want to go brushless, but if it will provide a fairly rock solid tail during 3D, then I may try it.
eaglescry24 is offline Find More Posts by eaglescry24
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:27 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,658 Posts
Quote:

I was thinking about going brushless to solve the blow out problem as well as more power.

It's a tough one.... Brushless or 130x???
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123