SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:45 PM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
Try making the cable secure to the frame just behind the solder joints.
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:18 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro View Post
I do. After soldering it looks very solid but after a few flights it just comes lose.

Yes the break is not behind the solder joint but on the board itself. I managed to solder it flat to the board and keep it from moving using tape. Hope this works
if you are in the united states i can fix this issue for you...
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Aug 18, 2012, 05:46 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,316 Posts
Videos on youtube show the mcpx hovering with hands off the tx. Is this heli really that stable ? and is it able to hover that stable out of the box ?
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:21 AM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1 View Post
Videos on youtube show the mcpx hovering with hands off the tx. Is this heli really that stable ? and is it able to hover that stable out of the box ?
Hi wade,
This is my first not-toy heli. The proprietor of my lhs said I should be able to handle it if I read some info on the net and set up my dx6i to tame it down a bit. Having done that, I was hovering right out of the box. Transition to hover from slow lateral movements also not a problem. I'm still struggling to figure eight, probably a hundred years away from 3d stuff I watch on YouTube, but hovering not a problem.
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:15 AM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
Scott just keep flying the little MCPX everything will come to you in time. It is a terrific heli for building up your skill and confidence. Get the hovering tail in, side on and nose in, plus controlled forward flight under control before you start doing anything 3D.

Soon you will be flying figure eights with ease. Then try rolling and loops. It all about practice practice and then go and practice again.
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:22 AM
Joined Feb 2011
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveap1 View Post
That's an interesting mod. I've seen a couple others using wire wrapped aroung the frame and protruding in such a way the canopy can mount to it. Someone else said building up the area where the mounts attach to the frame with JB Weld. I just thought for $30 bucks the wow CF frame might solve the problem quickly.
The carbon fiber frame upgrades are definitely worth it. Iíve got the MicroHeli CF frame for my mCPX and it works great. I occasionally have to replace a broken canopy pin but it's relatively cheap and easy to do. Be sure to buy extra pins when you buy to save on shipping.

There is a video called mCPX Crash Fixes & Tip on www.indoorHELLi.com that shows you a JB Weld repair of both the frame and cracked canopy. They also have a video on the MicroHeli frame upgrade.

I found the JB Weld eventually breaks loose too so thatís why Iím happy with the CF frame upgrade. Iíve also cracked a few canopies and had to replace them. I now have the carbon fiber canopy protector I found on IndoorHELLi and have never broken my canopy since then.
BladeUp is offline Find More Posts by BladeUp
Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:52 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
852 Posts
Help - Loss of Bind in Flight

I have a v1 mcpx that has been flying well. Recently I have experienced a lose of bind (it appears) in flying. I'm just hovering or cruising in circuits and suddenly the heli falls to the ground. The blue bind light is off.

The lipo is less than 50% used often, 2-3 minutes in on a 250 mah pack that routinely provides 5 minutes.

This happens even after rebinding. It happens on both a DX6i and DX8.

Any thoughts?
Blade Crasher is online now Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:57 PM
Flying the Spyder
United States, PA, Parkesburg
Joined Mar 2008
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher View Post
I have a v1 mcpx that has been flying well. Recently I have experienced a lose of bind (it appears) in flying. I'm just hovering or cruising in circuits and suddenly the heli falls to the ground. The blue bind light is off.

The lipo is less than 50% used often, 2-3 minutes in on a 250 mah pack that routinely provides 5 minutes.

This happens even after rebinding. It happens on both a DX6i and DX8.

Any thoughts?
I recently had kinda the same issue. Id b flying 'round then suddenly it'd fall or torque off to one side. But I didn't have the bind issue. I had a servo wire rubbing on the main shaft stop above the top bearing. I rerouted the wire with success. Good luck flying
eaglescry24 is offline Find More Posts by eaglescry24
Old Aug 19, 2012, 06:02 PM
Flying the Spyder
United States, PA, Parkesburg
Joined Mar 2008
304 Posts
Anyone have a great battery site?

My 3 stock batteries and 2 nano techs are junk. Three last about hmm 'round 30 sec to a min. Using stock charger and idk how many flights on each. I got the thing bout a year ago.
eaglescry24 is offline Find More Posts by eaglescry24
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:26 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Hey guys

I have myself a mcpX v2 RTF bundle. Heli has been flying very well with very little issues.

One thing I have notice on my last flights was that when I’m in an inverted hover I have to be on full neg on the TX (Spectrum DX4e) to just hover. This doesn’t give me any room to pull out of an inverted hover unless I’m up high and have the room to loop out of it.

Can I adjust my pitch range on this TX or on the heli.. and how so? I’m also flying in Lo rate mode.

By the way. I was using the TX for the first time on Phoenix the night before which I doubt would alter the pitch curve on the radio.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:29 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
evltoy - looks like a case of not having 0 pitch at mid stick - I would start by checking and adjusting this first.
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:34 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
thanks steve.

Are able to give me any hints on how to adjust.

One thing that pop to mind was my last sessions the heli was not on a fully flat surface when powering up and taking off. Could this have effected my pitch range?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:42 PM
Heli Mad
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
Flat surface won't change a thing.

First up check pitch - in throttle hold with a linear curve 0-100 go to mid stick and bring the blades together. If you have 0 pitch then the tips will be level. If not level you need to wind in or our each of the swash links the same amount to adjust to make the blades level.

For travel go to full and min stick and you should see a similar amount of distance between each.

If you get a better radio you will notice a couple of benefits, first a better radio dramatically improves control over the heli (A friend of min was using the stock radio until I convinced him to change to a better radio he already has and he noticed a difference). Second a computer ratio will most likely have pitch trim which allows you to change the pitch via the Tx.

Stephen
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:46 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Cheers for that Stephen. Seems like the the only way to adjust pitch is via the swash links only. They may have moved from any of the crash's I have had.

The radio is good enough for me. I have another computer radio, but not a spectrum that I use for my bigger heli's.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:15 PM
Heli Mad
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
Is you other radio DSM? I fly my mcpx on a JR DSX9 or a 'spektrumed' JR 9309

If it is DSM you could bind to it.