HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:37 AM
Sir
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jul 2010
165 Posts
If they did a Commanche, I'd be all over that.
Varekai is offline Find More Posts by Varekai
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:17 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,040 Posts
I figured this would be faster than searching the whole thread. What is the best lipo for a BL mcpx? The HK nanotechs don't seem to last very long.
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Last edited by tonyastro; Aug 06, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:09 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,369 Posts
How far(deep) are you discharging them. No LiPoly will give max. cycle life if you fly to below 3.7 per cell often. Increased life comes from not using more than 80% of thier capacity and not leaving them fully charged all of the time just in case you get a chance to fly on the spur of the moment.

I have a Nano 300 with 89 flights on it and it is still going strong. My son has over a hundred on one and it is still one of his strongest Lipolys. We set timer for 3 minutes and cell is right at 3.7 a few minures after flight.

Most agree that the Hyperions are the best but they are not exactly inexpensive and others swear by the Thunder Powers but they are the most expensive ones available.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:28 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
How far(deep) are you discharging them. No LiPoly will give max. cycle life if you fly to below 3.7 per cell often. Increased life comes from not using more than 80% of thier capacity and not leaving them fully charged all of the time just in case you get a chance to fly on the spur of the moment.

I have a Nano 300 with 89 flights on it and it is still going strong. My son has over a hundred on one and it is still one of his strongest Lipolys. We set timer for 3 minutes and cell is right at 3.7 a few minures after flight.

Most agree that the Hyperions are the best but they are not exactly inexpensive and others swear by the Thunder Powers but they are the most expensive ones available.

Charles
I always store at 3.8V immediately after flying but I fly for 4 mins. Can you give a link to the Hyperions? Thanks.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:45 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,369 Posts
One good source is rclipos.com or just do a Goggle. One of the members her RC Babble sells an assortment of Hyperions and some Thunder Powers that are stripped of heatshrink to reduce weight and fitted with correct connectors.

The stock 250 mAh Hyperions are plug and play with same housing / coonector as Blade uses.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:45 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,565 Posts
Hyperions

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1705873
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:21 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,040 Posts
Thanks guys!
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:14 AM
CP Newbie & Warbird Nut
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
If you strolled over to my thread, you would see that...
I did and that's how I found the link. I just wanted to make it a little easier for others to find the link. Thank you very much for sharing.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:56 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,406 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ear_Servo.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...washplate.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Grommets.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2pcs_bag_.html

thers more too. just some things we might use on our flying turds!
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:27 AM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,040 Posts
Is it ok to hot glue the 3in1 board? My battery wires keep coming off no matter how good my solder is. I'm thinking of hot gluing the wires to the bottom of the board so the solder can't come loose.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:45 AM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro View Post
Is it ok to hot glue the 3in1 board? My battery wires keep coming off no matter how good my solder is. I'm thinking of hot gluing the wires to the bottom of the board so the solder can't come loose.
Try a dab of silicon sealant on the wires. This will take the load off the joints but is reasonably easy to remove.
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:21 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,304 Posts
do the walkera 120 size blades fit a mcpx ?
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:58 AM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamWilson View Post
Try a dab of silicon sealant on the wires. This will take the load off the joints but is reasonably easy to remove.
If you do this, make sure to use a sealant that is electronics-safe. Many types of regular RTV-type silicone are corrosive to electronics, so you don't want to use them around the board due to the acidic curing process.
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Last edited by BuzzBomber; Aug 09, 2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: added info
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:19 AM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,040 Posts
Thanks Graham, Buzz. What about you? What do you guys do to prevent the battery wires from coming off?
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:25 AM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Thankfully, it hasn't been an issue for me (knock on wood). Mine still has the little bit of sealant at the solder point from the factory intact. Perhaps the routing of the wires from the board to the battery plays a role? I let mine sit loose from the board so the wires don't bend too much, then route the lead outside the front skid support and inside the rear support to the battery connector. It looks like it would contact the servo gears this way, but I haven't had any problem in a couple hundred flights.
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber