SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:57 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
978 Posts
Hi clintfisher

Thanks for responding, I have a JR PCM 9X V2.

Stephen
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:00 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy1 View Post
just about to uploAD A PHOTO OF DX6I SCREEN
I know what the screen looks like, when you go to the travel adjust menu, look at the pitch, should have a down arrow just left of the value, when you move the throttle stick past 50% the down arrow becomes up arrow and by default this setting is set at 100%. this needs to adjusted to the 70-75% range.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:05 PM
VAPORIZED
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2010
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
I know what the screen looks like, when you go to the travel adjust menu, look at the pitch, should have a down arrow just left of the value, when you move the throttle stick past 50% the down arrow becomes up arrow and by default this setting is set at 100%. this needs to adjusted to the 70-75% range.
Yeah i was just going to post it so others can seeBloody internet connection went on the fritz for a while.
pappy1 is offline Find More Posts by pappy1
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:12 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
Thanks pappy!
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:25 PM
Altamonte Springs, Fl.
Joined Nov 2010
40 Posts
Blue Light flashing

First of all, I have only hovered and a little easy flying around. Nothing really hard like I see in a lot of the videos!

I got the MCPx this afternoon and love the way it flies, but I seem to have somethnig set wrong or there is something wrong with the bird.
I have bound the MCPx to my DX7 and have the settings per the manual. When I get it to fly is seems stable and I can control it fairly well.
When I punch it to go up fast, or even sometimes an energic takeoff, the blue light starts flashing and it starts coming down like the battery was at LVCO. At other times, if I hit TH the moter stops (it should) but the Blue light starts flashing and when I flip TH off the moter still will not run.

In order to recover in either case, I disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the light goes solid and I can fly again. I never know when the battery is at LVCO or what. I put them back on the charger and it doesn't take long for them to get to the "almost done" stage (like they weren't really discharged).

I have gone through several cycles of fly, charge on each of the 6 batterys I have.

Has anyone else seen this or have a guess what I can do to get it working. I'd really like to get more the a few min. at a time if I do more then just hover and do very easy moves.
taterb is offline Find More Posts by taterb
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:25 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
It's all sort of a blur now. I probably have about 30 flights on the mCPx now, (I'm running four batteries, continuously cycling on my Quattro 4x6 charger), so I've lost count as I haven't given the thing much rest in the last two hours.

Blade grips still nice and tight. Not too worried about them flinging off now. Got copper showing on the blade side of the grips and they seem to be holding just fine.

Finally got funnels down on the thing in my little living room, although I've been bouncing it off of everything in sight, (including myself).

Popped the main gear numerous times, broken two links and lost two others, (I'll probably start tethering them now).

Moved my pitch travel from -75% to +75% to -60% to +70% and my pitchiness is now completely gone. Played with a couple of mixes: RUD -> ELEV and RUD -> AILE to get piros nice and axial.

I've never flown a CP heli this much in one go before. Brain is fried. Stopping now.

Night all!
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:33 PM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
should have mine in a day or so, I have my dx7 programed to the specs on the hh site, there was no mention on how to set throttle hold up, any tips would be great. thanks
pitviper51 is online now Find More Posts by pitviper51
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:43 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taterb View Post
First of all, I have only hovered and a little easy flying around. Nothing really hard like I see in a lot of the videos!

I got the MCPx this afternoon and love the way it flies, but I seem to have somethnig set wrong or there is something wrong with the bird.
I have bound the MCPx to my DX7 and have the settings per the manual. When I get it to fly is seems stable and I can control it fairly well.
When I punch it to go up fast, or even sometimes an energic takeoff, the blue light starts flashing and it starts coming down like the battery was at LVCO. At other times, if I hit TH the moter stops (it should) but the Blue light starts flashing and when I flip TH off the moter still will not run.

In order to recover in either case, I disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the light goes solid and I can fly again. I never know when the battery is at LVCO or what. I put them back on the charger and it doesn't take long for them to get to the "almost done" stage (like they weren't really discharged).

I have gone through several cycles of fly, charge on each of the 6 batterys I have.

Has anyone else seen this or have a guess what I can do to get it working. I'd really like to get more the a few min. at a time if I do more then just hover and do very easy moves.
Do you have the throttle set at 70-75% when the throttle stick is in the up (full) position?
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:50 AM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Wow, just found this thread. Subscribed for research.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 15, 2011, 01:11 AM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasher66 View Post
Thanks Tom! I'll try that in a bit.

I just went with D/R=65% and EXP=35% for her living room maiden, and I am very impressed. Pitch was perfect out of the box, (but the bearings in one of my blade grips was reversed from the way I want them, so I flipped them around).

No shakes, no vibrations, no other weirdness...just popped up perfectly. This thing is easier to hover than my T450, (slight exaggeration, but not much).

Little SFF around the living room...and I cannot believe a CP bird this small is this stable and easy to fly!

I'm in love. I'm gonna name her Betsy and give her an engagement ring, 'cause she's mine now.
Good to hear. I respect your no BS approach. I may have to move my time line to the left a bit and get one sooner than I'd planned.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:05 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
I'm going to go against what most people are saying about neutral pitch with this bird.

For me personally i am not flying 3D, using normal mode not stunt and am still learning to use the TH.

Currently every time i get in trouble i go throttle full down and hit the TH but every time i do, it hits the ground so fast (must have slight negative pitch at full down) it can't be good.

On the few times i've hit TH without lowering the throttle it's been a nice gentle ...... well crash.

So i'm thinking i'll give it a little positive pitch so that when i slam the throttle down it doesn't crash hard anymore.

Just until i get used to hitting the TH with out touching the throttle.
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:16 AM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,372 Posts
Meebo, it is possible to switch between hovering at mid-stick and a 3D type setup - I've got an old Hirobo Shuttle Z that doesn't do negative pitch, and also a MiniTitan with a modern set up. I have flown then back-to-back and don't have a problem adjusting.

Using the whole stick range make it easier to control, but you'll need to learn that fine control when you move on to aerobatics.
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:53 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBennett View Post
Meebo, it is possible to switch between hovering at mid-stick and a 3D type setup - I've got an old Hirobo Shuttle Z that doesn't do negative pitch, and also a MiniTitan with a modern set up. I have flown then back-to-back and don't have a problem adjusting.

Using the whole stick range make it easier to control, but you'll need to learn that fine control when you move on to aerobatics.
The important thing is learn to use TH.
Once i'm out of the habit of slamming the stick down then i'll learn the next part and besides, this is my first CP heli so i don't think i'll be going inverted for at least a few more weeks anyway.

Could you imagine me being on full rates then slamming the stick down going full negative pitch it would be a disaster
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Mar 15, 2011, 05:34 AM
This helicopter smells funny
Berwick,Victoria,Australia
Joined Dec 2008
221 Posts
[QUOTE=mCP_X;17676961]Hi Scotty
thanks for the link , the correct bearing size for these is 4mm X 1.5mm X 1.2mmhttp://en.lily-bearing.com/cp/681xzz.htm

If you look below the diagram on the left hand side it shows the 4mm x 1.5mm x 1.2mm bearing with the specks as well.

cheers scott
scottyvisco is offline Find More Posts by scottyvisco
Old Mar 15, 2011, 06:18 AM
Joined Mar 2011
173 Posts
Hi Scotty
yes , i saw it showed both sizes , so i just mentioned it

it is still looking like the stock bearings may be a better solution than a standard radial bearing , such as the Align mixer-arm bearings , the stock bearings do have to be installed correctly though ( copper side out )

someone has reported an Align bearing failure over at the freak

best regards

we had some calm weather here yesterday , and i finally got to burn a few packs outside , all i can say , is i am still grinning , what a great little machine , i really think HH knocked it out of the park with the mCP X , they got slapped by Murphie's law on the bearings though
mCP_X is offline Find More Posts by mCP_X
Last edited by mCP_X; Mar 15, 2011 at 06:38 AM.