HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:30 AM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
my c05 bl dont wobble with the stockers, but my hp05s bl does the shake you're talking about, im also guessing the light wieght stocker blades and high head speed does this like you mentioned...

No shakes with my bullet blades though..

the pink kbdd's fly simular to the bullets atleast for me it seams that way..

has anyone tried the walkera v100d08 blades yet? they fly pretty well kinda like the bullets but half the $ lol
Yeah I'm talking about an ho05 with blheli governed esc.
I think it's a combination of the heavier 120 sr boom/motor, high headspeed, lighter blades, and swash leveling.

I re leveled my swash and is a bit better. no big deal you only notice it when hovering. I'll try bullets and see if it helps.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Feb 2010
2,711 Posts
Quote:
Eran you could 3D a brick if it had a rx on it.

so you dont count

nice flying as usual bud!!
eh!eh!eh! ya too kind :-)
eranrc is offline Find More Posts by eranrc
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,711 Posts
Quote:
my hp05s in the garage trying half inverted piro flip..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7caK3...e_gdata_player

the hp05s bl scares me indoors.. lol
man ya brave I'm too chicken to fly inside a garage with my BLS
eranrc is offline Find More Posts by eranrc
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:32 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
I ordered a can from a Amazon supplier for $10.50 + 3.50 shipping, seems reasonable to be, should be a lifetime supply for micro-servos. I cleaned each of my servos at least once, now they are jittering again and I do not want to dissassemble them again, what a PITA I was just going to radio shack to buy some contact cleaner, this stuff gets good marks so I decided to bite the bullet. Now I can't fly my mCPx for 5-7 days Not worth tearing all three servos apart, I'll just wait for the DeoxIT
my can came in today, I sprayed a shot into each servo slider, dabbed up the rest with a cotton swab. the jitters are gone, one shot.....very cool

thanks for the suggestion
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:43 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
Well if it works for you fine but a brushed mCPX will bog extremely bad with 100% pitch if you have zero pith at mid, stick as it should be.

Being hard headed I tried 100% and then 90 then 80 then 75 then 70% and I finaly got to the point where it was not bogging severely. If yo bog it down with excessive pitch then you loose lift no matter how much pitch you have.

UI have increased pithch to 73% now that I am running BL but I know have a lot more power than stock.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:27 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,519 Posts
can i buy a mcpx battery lead anywhere??? likethe one from the circut board. mine never seems to stay together. i soldered it atleast 5 times.
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
can i buy a mcpx battery lead anywhere??? likethe one from the circut board. mine never seems to stay together. i soldered it atleast 5 times.
To replace the stock power lead from the board to the battery you can use the extension that they sell for the Celectra battery charger. Just remove the small end that connects to the charger and solder the leads into the PCB.

Good Luck, Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:48 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,519 Posts
ha never thought of that!
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:58 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,818 Posts
Excuse my heli rookieness... but what does the motor bogging exactly look like in flight?
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:46 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Excuse my heli rookieness... but what does the motor bogging exactly look like in flight?
The head and tail speed will drop, when this happens you may lose control of the tail until the speed picks back up again, the heli may also start to spin until the tail can pick up enough speed to hold the heli stable.
Zeta30 is offline Find More Posts by Zeta30
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:52 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta30 View Post
The head and tail speed will drop, when this happens you may lose control of the tail until the speed picks back up again, the heli may also start to spin until the tail can pick up enough speed to hold the heli stable.
Ok, so where is the power coming ffrom to fly hard 3D for all of you experienced pilots?

At 75% pitch, it is taking 90-100% just to keep it in a hover much less loop, roll........

BTW, I am using Hyperion 250mah 25C packs, which I was told will add some punch.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:15 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
Quote:
Ok, so where is the power coming ffrom to fly hard 3D for all of you experienced pilots?

At 75% pitch, it is taking 90-100% just to keep it in a hover much less loop, roll........

BTW, I am using Hyperion 250mah 25C packs, which I was told will add some punch.
That's where throttle management comes in to play. With the brushed motors it is all about smooth fluid movements and finesse, if you are lucky enough to have a brushless setup then you can do 3D simply by brute force and relying on the power of the motor. You won't ever see moves like tic toks that require a lot of power from the motor if you have the brushed motor simply because it will bog down too much, but you can still do piro flips, rainbows and other 3D moves as long as you don't bog the motor down.

It took me a long time to realize that my heli's weren't under powered, I was just banging the sticks around too much as opposed to using smaller more precise movements.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:35 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta30 View Post
That's where throttle management comes in to play. With the brushed motors it is all about smooth fluid movements and finesse, if you are lucky enough to have a brushless setup then you can do 3D simply by brute force and relying on the power of the motor. You won't ever see moves like tic toks that require a lot of power from the motor if you have the brushed motor simply because it will bog down too much, but you can still do piro flips, rainbows and other 3D moves as long as you don't bog the motor down.

It took me a long time to realize that my heli's weren't under powered, I was just banging the sticks around too much as opposed to using smaller more precise movements.
Hmmm..... So much for the promo videos that were on the stock brushed setup.

Either way, I think I made the right decision going with this heli rather than my first CP being a 500 or 600.

Although my club guys have a fuel Hirobo 600 RTF wating to sell me at 50% cost when I am ready.

Alot of the veteran Heli guys say you should learn on a big Heli, but my wallet begs to differ
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:46 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm..... So much for the promo videos that were on the stock brushed setup.

Either way, I think I made the right decision going with this heli rather than my first CP being a 500 or 600.

Although my club guys have a fuel Hirobo 600 RTF wating to sell me at 50% cost when I am ready.

Alot of the veteran Heli guys say you should learn on a big Heli, but my wallet begs to differ
I used to be a huge proponent of buying the largest heli you can afford because they were the easiest to learn on but technology has changed so much in the last couple of years that Eflite and Walkera have made some very nice micro CP helis that even a beginner can learn on and fly.

Plus a cheap crash on my Furion 6 is about $75. With the exception of a canopy I still haven't paid any money out to replace any damaged parts on my mCP X and that's after dozens of crashes.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:37 PM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:

Something is wrong. You shouldn't need that much throttle to hover.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest