HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2012, 01:52 PM
From Russia with Love. To fly.
Russia, Moscow
Joined May 2008
42 Posts
fun with mcp x:

Blade MCP X. Trying to cut the grass :) (1 min 40 sec)

On the first few seconds video, inverted mcp x cut the grass
mr_nd is offline Find More Posts by mr_nd
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2012, 02:07 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Help guys! My mCPX won't take off of the ground any more. Even at full throttle, it refuses to get off the ground. What's happening??

EDIT: Never mind, I Googled it and found out that the main gear had slipped down on the shaft, it's all fixed now. I was wondering why it didn't have as much power as before.. well that was it!

Dan
Glad u figured it out. Happened to me before and I stripped the gear.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old May 13, 2012, 02:08 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Glad u figured it out. Happened to me before and I stripped the gear.
Do you know anything about my problem with inverted flight, how it goes one way all the time?
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2012, 02:11 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,024 Posts
Quote:
Do you know anything about my problem with inverted flight, how it goes one way all the time?
No clue on that one buddy, sorry.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old May 13, 2012, 02:14 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
No clue on that one buddy, sorry.
Oh well, I tried. The mCPX can handle my crashes as I'm learning

It's probably me and my dumb thumbs hitting the stick one way because I'm not used to flying with negative pitch...
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2012, 02:19 PM
From Russia with Love. To fly.
Russia, Moscow
Joined May 2008
42 Posts
Quote:
mcp x have weak tail in stock, so you need to work with pitch carefully, trying not to overload main rotor with rapid stick movement. Its easy to figure out how much and how fast you need to add pitch for your maneuver. Just keep trying and you`ll learn it.

Knowing how to manage pitch - key skill for 3d heli flying, especially if you plan to fly larger helis.
mr_nd is offline Find More Posts by mr_nd
Old May 13, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Jul 2011
118 Posts
First time inverted

I had been able to do flips before -- practicing pulling back on the collective when inverted -- but I could never stop inverted. The rotor would start to bog out and down it would come. I don't have a simulator, so I'm just winging it here... so to speak.

I realized today that I was giving too much negative collective. That, and I needed more initial height to give myself time to figure things out.

It was pretty windy, and that wasn't helping, but a few times I was able to hold the inverted hover! Once for about 30 seconds before flipping back upright and under control!

A few times while I was holding the hover, the wind pushed it farther and farther away. I had to hit the TH and ditch. Luckily the grass was long, so no harm.

Pretty exciting though... My mCPX is totally stock -- except for how beat up it is after more than a few crashes -- and I think the batteries are starting to fade, but it still flies really nice.
random13 is offline Find More Posts by random13
Old May 13, 2012, 05:47 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,624 Posts
Guys, is it possible to auto-rotate the mCPX? Once you hit throttle cut the tail spins dramatically, but there's still control of the pitch of the blades, so...? Has anyone successfully done this?

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2012, 08:02 PM
Committed heli addict...
Joined Jan 2010
675 Posts
Yeah, you can auto rotate it with a one way bearing upgrade. However, the tail will slowly piro as the heli loses airspeed, since it is not driven.
phoenixheli is offline Find More Posts by phoenixheli
Old May 13, 2012, 08:07 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,624 Posts
I don't get it. What does having a different gear and an added bearing do?

http://www.anythingheli.com/xtreme-a...ng-blade-mcpx/

Dan

EDIT: Oh, I get it now! The one way bearing keeps the blades spinning instead of having them stop so quickly to help with the auto-rotation!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2012, 08:12 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Guys, is it possible to auto-rotate the mCPX? Once you hit throttle cut the tail spins dramatically, but there's still control of the pitch of the blades, so...? Has anyone successfully done this?

Dan
Well with no tail authority you cannot do much . Best Regards.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
Old May 13, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Quote:
I don't get it. What does having a different gear and an added bearing do?

http://www.anythingheli.com/xtreme-a...ng-blade-mcpx/

Dan
The bearing is a one-way bearing so it freewheels in one direction and locks up in the other so the motor can drive the rotor. When the motor stops the one-way bearing lets the rotor and shaft assembly freewheel. Otherwise the motors cogging would stop the rotor rather quickly no matter what the descent speed is or the angle of the blades.

Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old May 13, 2012, 08:15 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,624 Posts
Thanks everybody for the clarification! Here's a video of my mCPX from this evening. I couldn't do much fast forward flight because I was flying it inside the fence this time and it was getting dark.

Blade mCPX V2 Loud Evening Flight (2 min 25 sec)

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old May 14, 2012, 06:30 AM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
mcpx xtra features

heres now my mcpx since been not on the air in a couple of weeks, i replace again a longer tail boom. cutted landing skid to reduce the weigth and i replaced also the batterry circuit wire into a bigger and longer size to avoid broken wire in swaping battery at the park.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old May 14, 2012, 08:58 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynldgalano View Post
heres now my mcpx since been not on the air in a couple of weeks, i replace again a longer tail boom. cutted landing skid to reduce the weigth and i replaced also the batterry circuit wire into a bigger and longer size to avoid broken wire in swaping battery at the park.
How much longer did you make the tail boom rynldgalano?
barnstorm100 is online now Find More Posts by barnstorm100