HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
I wouldn't bother with trying to find a more efficient, more powerful brushed main motor. Brushless is far more efficient. I used Dylan's nearly plug & play kit with linear throttle, 125mm boom, and 4G3 tail motor. Installation was simple, the CG is still right where it should be, AUW with a Hyp 250 is the same as stock, and everything worked perfectly right from the start.

Joel
+1 for that setup works great!
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:02 PM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattijs321 View Post
Want to go brushless and i have a 4g3 brushless 11k Kv motor and 4g3 brushless esc.
Can i just use those alongside a Steve converter pwm to ppm?
Any reasons it wouldn't work or specifics on the converter itself i should be aware of?
Hi yes you can use those two items to covert your mcpx to brushless, what version esc do you have wk wst 10l or lt. Also what version mcpx, reason I ask is the difference in where to solder the white signal wire too, also you do not need a Steve converter.

You will probably have to upgrade your tail motor as well using that motor or use a very low pitch setting. Send me a pm if you need any help.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:24 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
hey guys stated in a previous thread I stated that I did indeed go brushless using the AEO RC M5 Brushless Upgrade with 9T.

I love the setup tons of power with the hyperion 250mah batteries but I still find them losing 3d performance after about 1-1.5 minutes.

do you guys recommend using the hyperion 550mah batteries, and if so can I expect better and more level performance performing 3d ?
HeliStyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliStyle
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:11 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStyle View Post
hey guys stated in a previous thread I stated that I did indeed go brushless using the AEO RC M5 Brushless Upgrade with 9T.

I love the setup tons of power with the hyperion 250mah batteries but I still find them losing 3d performance after about 1-1.5 minutes.

do you guys recommend using the hyperion 550mah batteries, and if so can I expect better and more level performance performing 3d ?
Yes! I just upgraded my motor and batteries and it is awesome now. I made a small adapter cable so I can switch between the regualr mcpx 250mah batts and the hyperion 550's ( left the connectors that come with the batteries on them). I just got back from flying all 3 packs for the first time I could really put them to the test. You can do tictocs with the 550's and the hp05 motor. theres a bunch of videos onyoutube of people running those batts as well. You can also get up to 8 minutes flight time out of them but I still quit after around 4 minutes.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:33 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
Diesel, welcome to your new addiction this heli is a blast. What causes the tail blow out (usually) is there just not being enough motor for the pitch that the heli is capable of. Try turning your positive pitch down to 70 and your negative to around the same. Once you do this, start to hover then punch full collective pitch (up) and if the heli turns (like if you were using rudder), your pitch can go down another point or two. Just my .02
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynldgalano View Post
DIESEL i did the tailboom extended with a V2 tail blade, 3/4 inch is the best option to extend the boom, and if you always fly outdoor i bet 85% on your pitch is better. best regards mate.
Quote:
I am always outdoor but my collective management is poor so anything over 70 makes my tail piro out of control I have been seeing vast improvements over the past few weeks thought. Nothing like seeing 5 grown men stand on a flight line grinning ear to ear chasing each other around with these helis.
Thanks everyone for the help and yes this is another rc addiction without a doubt. Been having fun with the helis and mqx, its just so out of my norm of boats, planes and cars its a nice switch up.

I have this same question posted in the other mcpx thread and the 70% pitch seems common. I will try that.

Here are my settings.

Norm: 30%, 40%, 50%, 75% 100%
ST 1: 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% 100%
ST 2: 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% 100%

* so on the last two settings the 75% and 100% I should set those both at 70% for all three modes?

Not sure if I should continue to post the same questions in both threads or dedicate to one.. I don't want to annoy anyone. You heli guys are very welcoming!
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:36 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
might help to just post in one I read both,
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:43 PM
Team CJ Youngblood
United States, WV, Wheeling
Joined Jul 2009
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Thanks everyone for the help and yes this is another rc addiction without a doubt. Been having fun with the helis and mqx, its just so out of my norm of boats, planes and cars its a nice switch up.

I have this same question posted in the other mcpx thread and the 70% pitch seems common. I will try that.

Here are my settings.

Norm: 30%, 40%, 50%, 75% 100%
ST 1: 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% 100%
ST 2: 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% 100%

* so on the last two settings the 75% and 100% I should set those both at 70% for all three modes?

Not sure if I should continue to post the same questions in both threads or dedicate to one.. I don't want to annoy anyone. You heli guys are very welcoming!

I set my pitch with the Travel Adjustment setting. Not the Pitch Curve, I don't know what the difference is but I think that's what the manual said to do
anthony7820 is offline Find More Posts by anthony7820
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:06 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
Travel adjust sets the end point range of the pitch, the pitch curve sets the amount of pitch for each stick position within the available range as you move the throttle up and down.
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:36 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Diesel, do as they said. You want to keep your pitch curve by the manual which is how that looks. Go into the "Travel adjustment" menu and move the throttle to the up position, then select it with the wheel and set to around 70. Then move it to the down position, and select with the wheel and set that to around 70. Give it a try and see if the tail still wants to blow out when you jam full collective regular/inverted.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:32 AM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Quote:
Diesel, do as they said. You want to keep your pitch curve by the manual which is how that looks. Go into the "Travel adjustment" menu and move the throttle to the up position, then select it with the wheel and set to around 70. Then move it to the down position, and select with the wheel and set that to around 70. Give it a try and see if the tail still wants to blow out when you jam full collective regular/inverted.
Hey thanks a lot. Ill do that today and give it a try. Hopefully weather cooperates with me today, been very windy lately. If not ill have to take out the fixed wing birds.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:17 AM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,224 Posts
I can't do 3D on my MCPx anymore

But I found a new joy ... flying FPV with it.

Here's a video of messing around in the living room with all the FPV gear mounted onboard my MCPx (I wasn't flying it thru the camera's view wish I'm good enough to do that though)
BL MCPX FPV Video (4 min 27 sec)

This is my first recorded video of real FPV-flying the same bird, I was piloting it thru the 'eyes' (the onboard camera) from takeoff to landing. It was a very rough landing, I simply cut throttle when the grass appeared close enough. I have set the throttle-hold pitch curve to flat-65% so that the MCPx would kinda 'auto' down gracefully from half a meter above ground.

One of my flying mates who happened to be at that field, witnessed my FPV flight. He told me my MCPx was zooming from one end to the other end at an insane speed! With FPV, the higher you are from the ground, the harder it is to tell how fast you are going.
McpX - FPV Outdoor Flight (2 min 50 sec)
terencechan is offline Find More Posts by terencechan
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:44 AM
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
terencechan, VERY NICE! That is too cool man. Mind if I share this video with some club friends?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:20 PM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,224 Posts
Sure, happy to share this joy with your friends.
terencechan is offline Find More Posts by terencechan
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:57 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbennettya View Post
Both of my C05m motors would not start with my older Walkera 10A ESCs that run my HP08 motors just fine.

YMMV, Don
Thanks. I bought a whole bunch of upgrades and that's the one thing I didn't buy! This is by far my most expensive heli
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro View Post
Thanks. I bought a whole bunch of upgrades and that's the one thing I didn't buy! This is by far my most expensive heli
Haha this thing BNF cost me more than my hk450! Still, fun as can be though