Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:39 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
I've had my MCPX v1 since Christmas. Prior experience is a Blade Cx (since the original came out) that Im very proficient with. Also have a variety of electric aircraft.

Weather is finally good so Ive been out more. MCPx has been frustrating. Seemed like semi controlled flight ending in crashes was the norm. I could hover and that was about it...until today.

Ran 9 batts through it. Very controlled flight, with only a few "dumps" into the lawn. Even began experimenting with inverted by holding it upside down to launch. Able to hover and move inverted, have yet to succesfully flip.

However, now I'm pumped. I feel like I made a breakthrough today in control and recovery without dumping it by just cutting power. Practiced collective control and banked flights, hammerhead turns, etc. Nothing broken, and just plain fun, in control, not reacting. Until today I admit I was a bit discouraged and wondering if I had wasted my money!
Hey Congrats and keep it up , take your time and have fun. Best Regards.
segroegt is online now Find More Posts by segroegt
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:18 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
Any of you use aluminum shafts?
No, they bend too easily,
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:28 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardenflyer View Post
Quick question for you all. I just finally broke a main shaft. My questions are would you replace it with stock or the solid carbon fiber? Also I have between 60-70 flights, starting with a lot of crashes and now a lot of successful 3D but still crashes. Should I replace the swash at the same time? Maybe new links and control rods too?

Also being a first time Heli pilot would I even be able to tell the difference in the metal micro heli swash and KBDD main and tail rotors?

Thanks
I Just now put a solid CF main shaft. Works fine but the one bad thing is the knotch on the bototm for the main gear isnt quite right and you can hold the geat and turn the shaft. So far it is snug enough to not cause any problems. Maybe its even better for a crash since it will spin and not twist the shaft.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebarrow View Post
No, they bend too easily,
I was given 4 for a solo pro 180 battery. It has been working just fine but the metal seems like it would warp/bend eventually.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Dec 2011
23 Posts
I got today the Hyperion 550 batteries and they work fine on my brushless setup. Long flight time, greater power. 120 SR tail holds quite well and no wag. This thing is best micro helicopter I have ever had!
punisher96 is offline Find More Posts by punisher96
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:57 AM
Joined Dec 2011
23 Posts
I had a light crash with tree branch and copter fell down. Now the servos are behaving strange. It pulls back by itself during flight sometimes. I can correct it after that. Everything seems fine and I cant find anything what causes that... Does anyone know what it might be?

I hope its not 3 in 1, it costs so much that then it will be on shelf for a while
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:42 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher96 View Post
I had a light crash with tree branch and copter fell down. Now the servos are behaving strange. It pulls back by itself during flight sometimes. I can correct it after that. Everything seems fine and I cant find anything what causes that... Does anyone know what it might be?

I hope its not 3 in 1, it costs so much that then it will be on shelf for a while
Hey look under maybe the main gear is loose. Also rebind and look close if the servos are clear from debris. Best Regards.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:17 PM
Joined Dec 2011
23 Posts
Main gear isn't loose and servos look clear to me. I will try rebinding tomorrow and tell if it works.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:09 PM
United States, IA, Council Bluffs
Joined Dec 2011
51 Posts
Rebind it. Guy did that hear in our shop. Actually hit a puddle and he was worried. Ended up loosing its bind.
cardenflyer is offline Find More Posts by cardenflyer
Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:07 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
Love my mcpx
HeliStyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliStyle
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:30 AM
Joined Dec 2011
23 Posts
I got it working by putting canopy grommets on swash and rebinding. Thanks for help
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:11 AM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher96 View Post
I got it working by putting canopy grommets on swash and rebinding. Thanks for help
You are Welcome " Carry on and smoke if you wish". This is what was said in the Canadian Army after being set at ease lol. But I am happy it work out for you this little bird is quite sturdy. Best Regards
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:23 AM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
have any of you guys run the aero M5 Brushless Outrunner Motor 11500kv with the extended boom mod with stock tail motor?

any thoughts on it?

looking to go brushless with this motor and want thoughts about it compare to stock brushed motor
HeliStyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliStyle
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:21 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,783 Posts
HeliStyle - that's what my V2 is, much better than stock!
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:57 AM
Joined Jan 2009
484 Posts
Hi there, regarding the brushless conversion does anyone know if the oversky 6A or 10A BL converter are fully linear when plugged or do they require soldering on the board?
I see mainly poeple with C05 with 9T and HP5S with 9T but how does the HP5S do with a 8T?

I'm getting an oversky 10A + HP5S 9T combo but I suspect it's too powerful. I'd like to be able to fly in normal mode in my living room without insane HS and battery consumption (I'm getting 5 min with my Hyperion 240mAh) and be able to release more power for mid 3D outside in ST1/2.
I'm pretty used with the stock motor feeling so I'd like to get about the same collective feeling
but with more punch.
What curves are you guys using?
Teckos is offline Find More Posts by Teckos