SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:38 AM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2006
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
Man I dont know whats up with my hyperions.. They may be from a bad batch in the past or something.. They absolutely suck lol. I freakin LOVE my 2s hyperions but these.. these are bad. Thanks for the link. Im in for 5
I guess it's possible. I bought my Hyperions in January and they have been great so far.
flynfrfun is offline Find More Posts by flynfrfun
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2012, 02:38 AM
Sir
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jul 2010
172 Posts
My hyperions have gone to crap, my stock batteries have much more power. Picking up some Turnigy nano-techs soon, hate flying on just two batteries.
Varekai is offline Find More Posts by Varekai
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:57 AM
United Kingdom, England, Halifax
Joined Oct 2011
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varekai View Post
My hyperions have gone to crap, my stock batteries have much more power. Picking up some Turnigy nano-techs soon, hate flying on just two batteries.
my nanotechs seem slightly better than my xtremes, get a 6 battery charging harness from hobbyking and there is a combo deal for nanotechs at $2.96 each
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18867

I have 12 300mah batteries, can charge 6 at 1c whilst using 6, makes for longer life batteries
BenScoobert is offline Find More Posts by BenScoobert
Last edited by BenScoobert; Mar 23, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:37 AM
Sir
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jul 2010
172 Posts
That is a nice deal, thanks! I actually have a 3 plug one from wowhobbies, but I don't have a charger it can plug into. That one you linked, what do you use to plug it into, the stock charger from the mcpx, or if it's something else, what is it?
Varekai is offline Find More Posts by Varekai
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:58 PM
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Aug 2010
129 Posts
HobbyKing has realized the demand for these batteries and raised the price to $4.99 each. Bummer, but still a good price. I have been using the nano-tech in my MCP X and also the V120D02S and am happy with the extra performance.

Just got the MCP X back together. Was out at the flying field Wednesday afternoon and had the main gear come off while it was 20 -25 feet in the air. It suddenly dropped straight down with the motor screaming and hit hard on it's skids in the grass. Impact split the canopy, popped the linkages and I lost the lower main bearing as well as the main gear. No telling where they landed. Replaced the bearing and main gear yesterday, popped the linkages back on and put some clear tape on the canopy. I was surprised there was not other damage other than a little dirt/grass that I cleaned up. Back in the air and flies as good as it did before. Can't do that with my 450's. This is a tough little bird...
winginman is offline Find More Posts by winginman
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:08 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Quote:
All lipos eventually turn to crap. However...

Some of the early-release Hyperion's for the mCPx were re-branded crap-quality lipos. Look at the shape of the cell core and foil crimp at the butt end of the cell. The cell cores on genuine Hyperions have flat faces and slightly rounded corners. The fakes have a slightly domed-shape face, sometimes with ridges.

Hyperion on the left (These are also different sizes, but for the sake of shape comparison...)

I have ran Eflite's, Nano's, and Hyperion's. They all run great at first, but the Nanos and Eflites fade quickly after a few dozen flights.
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:22 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,563 Posts
ok heli is now bound. i did a couple circles and when i tried the pitch pumps the tail blew out so badly that it couldnt recover. it did this many times. it does the same thing on the flips. also i have an extended tail boom. how do i fix this???
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:40 PM
United Kingdom, England, Halifax
Joined Oct 2011
180 Posts
Quote:
That is a nice deal, thanks! I actually have a 3 plug one from wowhobbies, but I don't have a charger it can plug into. That one you linked, what do you use to plug it into, the stock charger from the mcpx, or if it's something else, what is it?
I use a 200w charger I bought for general use on all battery types. Although you could plug it into the standard one but it will take a while to charge 6
6x300= 1800mah
stock charger gives 700mah
about 2 hours 25 mins for 6 batteries
best to just buy a 50w charger for doing 6 at once, I got a 200w as I have a raptor E620 too

Quote:
Originally Posted by winginman View Post
HobbyKing has realized the demand for these batteries and raised the price to $4.99 each. Bummer, but still a good price. I have been using the nano-tech in my MCP X and also the V120D02S and am happy with the extra performance.
Not correct, that is the standard price, if you look at the page half way down the link I provided, you'll see the deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
ok heli is now bound. i did a couple circles and when i tried the pitch pumps the tail blew out so badly that it couldnt recover. it did this many times. it does the same thing on the flips. also i have an extended tail boom. how do i fix this???
Dual tail rotors fixed on 130mm boom with boom supports worked a treat for me.
BenScoobert is offline Find More Posts by BenScoobert
Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:25 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidgyB View Post
The gear slipping and moving down the post is actually a design feature - in the event of a crash, having the gear firmly pinned in will transfer the energy of that crash through into something else, so you're more likely to sustain more serious damage that way.

Best bet is to leave the gear as normal, and just check each time after a crash
i did as it is the original by using a solid cf, srew the gear thru n thru, coz even in hovering the gear will go to slipped off from the shaft. just dont crash the heli and it will be fine, i bet crashing will ask you. HOW THIS THING HAPPEN?
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:29 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enfurno View Post
I am curious, are there any limitations to what radio one can use with the MCPX? This is my first RC vehicle of any sort, but I am wanting a radio that has more adjustment than the Spektrum that came in the BNF kit.

I'd prefer something other than a spektrum which is why I ask.
dx6i is the best choice, more easy to program and impressive to understand.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Mar 23, 2012, 05:54 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
So did what I message you work??? The tail blow out is mainly caused by the heli not having enough motor to support all of that pitch. Change your pitch rates and play with them. On this slightly beat up mcpx I have my pitch at 70 up and 65 down. Dont do it in the pitch curve menu, do it in the travel adjustment menu. Also, the mcpx tail is crap. You are going to want to extend your tail boom with a piece of solid carbon fiber (like $5 for 2, 3-foot sections at any LHS).

Thanks for the suggestions on the batteries guys. I actually just ordered some of the solo pro nanotechs as they are quite a bit cheaper but I just made a connector so I can use them for my mcpx shhh dont tell anyone!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=20384
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:54 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2006
1,167 Posts
I would agree that extending the tailboom helps the tail hold. But, even stock...it is nowhere near "crap". My old Honeybee CP2's motorized tail was pretty much crap. I'm absolutely amazed that the Mcpx's tail is able to hold as well as it does. Mine only blows out if I mess up and have to cram the collective to try to recover. Otherwise, it holds perfectly in flips and rolls, inverted and etc. I'm having a ton of fun with this heli. 9 times out of 10 a crash only requires re-seating the main gear and off you go.
flynfrfun is offline Find More Posts by flynfrfun
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:02 PM
Beware of Crossbow Snipers!
San Jose, CA
Joined Nov 2006
391 Posts
Is my mCPX balanced?

I notice that the two upper pegs that support the canopy are directly in line with the main shaft, making them good points to pick up the heli and check the balance.

I find with the stock setup, and stock battery, the heli is nose-heavy.

As an experiment, I added a little tail weight to balance it.

It seemed to be more stable in the hover and easier to fly in general.

Has anyone discussed or considered checking the Center of Gravity for this model?

The same thing could be done by moving the battery back a bit but then it would not be very well secured in the frame.

I tried to adjust the tail boom back a bit but its very stubborn, any tips for this?

Thanks!

markind is offline Find More Posts by markind
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:22 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markind View Post
I notice that the two upper pegs that support the canopy are directly in line with the main shaft, making them good points to pick up the heli and check the balance.

I find with the stock setup, and stock battery, the heli is nose-heavy.

As an experiment, I added a little tail weight to balance it.

It seemed to be more stable in the hover and easier to fly in general.

Has anyone discussed or considered checking the Center of Gravity for this model?

The same thing could be done by moving the battery back a bit but then it would not be very well secured in the frame.

I tried to adjust the tail boom back a bit but its very stubborn, any tips for this?

Thanks!

Well the triple axal gyro corrects all that. Best Regards.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:02 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
This heli has a center of gravity news to me lol! Just kidding obviously.. I just toss it up in the air and beat the heck out of it.

You are right flyin, its really not crap my collective management is crap It does its job just fine for a micro. I always end up comparing it to larger helis for some strange reason because it just flies so nicely. But extending that boom makes it a heck of a lot better in my opinion!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut