HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:15 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihover View Post
What is the recommended method for overnight storage of the 200mAh batteries? Should they be left discharged (after 4 mins fight) or charged up fully after last flight of the day. p.s. I fly each day so this is short term storage only.
I store my LiPos fully-charged, unless I'm not going to use them for a week or more. That said - nowadays, the primary contributor to early LiPo fade/death is over-discharge - not whether they're stored over the short-term fully-charged, half-full, or @ the 80% discharge point. If you want to maximize the lifespan of any LiPo, do not discharge them beyond 80% - as measured by a charger that displays the mAh required for a full charge. For long-term storage, storing them @ 3.8V is recommended.

It is worth noting that previous Eflite 'UM' cells (such as their 150 mAh cell) are typically nearing end-of-life at the 50-cycle mark - even when they're well-cared-for. If you want 'UM'-size LiPos that last for hundreds of cycles without losing performance, Hyperions are currently your best choice.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:29 PM
Suspended Account
Australia, NSW, Wanaaring
Joined Apr 2010
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer-man View Post
MIA, 4 minute video and I didn't see the blades move once....
E-Flite Blade mCPX- MIA BGS Blade Grip Safety Kit Instal and Demo -Old or B Blade Grips (10 min 21 sec)
MaxYmus2010 is offline Find More Posts by MaxYmus2010
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:37 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Lotta questionable claims there...
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:38 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Lotta questionable claims there...
Boca Bearings. $12
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:50 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
972 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post17768051 has the Boca bearings for $10 for 10...
stevebarrow is online now Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:52 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebarrow View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post17768051 has the Boca bearings for $10 for 10...
I saw that, but declined and ordered the standard bearings when I saw those were the "economy" bearings. If that makes a difference...I don't know.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:55 PM
Heli Mad
Joined Feb 2002
972 Posts
True - I must admit i have emailed them to see if there is a difference before I buy. the others are 5.95 each I believe, so you are not replacing all four but only the outer two?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:19 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
I saw that, but declined and ordered the standard bearings when I saw those were the "economy" bearings. If that makes a difference...I don't know.
Linkie?

I just may have to jump on the "bearing bandwagon" also.

I can foresee that Eflite is going to have to provide a "bearing retrofit kit" for us ver. 0 owners.
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:40 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
Linkie?

I just may have to jump on the "bearing bandwagon" also.

I can foresee that Eflite is going to have to provide a "bearing retrofit kit" for us ver. 0 owners.
Provide a kit? I'm sure they'll SELL you one as an "upgrade"...IF they even offer one.

Don't have a link handy, but go to bocabearings.com and search for the size 1.5 x 4.0 x 1.12mm. $5.95 each. That's what I bought. There's a 10 pack of "economy" bearings for $8.99, but I decided to forgo "economy" since we're not talking major dollars here.
Last edited by sviking; Mar 23, 2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:44 PM
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Fueling the fire with contrived videos isn't actually helpful.
Was he fueling the fire or trying to beat it out with a length of chain?

FWIW, neither is very productive.

Pete
PGR is online now Find More Posts by PGR
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:59 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariomus2010 View Post
edited for content
Mario going by the video spam it looks like those plastic pieces make the servos work a lot more. On a different note being plastic sheet how many times do you think they can bend before stress fracturing considering the grips change up to a few hundred times per flight??

I think you are better of making bodies for it instead of the BSBG
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:02 PM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Mario going by the video spam it looks like those plastic pieces make the servos work a lot more. On a different note being plastic sheet how many times do you think they can bend before stress fracturing considering the grips change up to a few hundred times per flight??

I think you are better of making bodies for it instead of the BSBG
lmao ...... ouch!!!!
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:07 PM
Heli Mad
Joined Feb 2002
972 Posts
Blades departing question - when the blades fly off this heli many are stating it is a bearing issue that caused the departure, it this because the bearing can then just slip off over the stops at either end of the feathering shaft as the stops are not wide enough to catch the outer ring of the bearing?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:11 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Blades departing question - when the blades fly off this heli many are stating it is a bearing issue that caused the departure, it this because the bearing can then just slip off over the stops at either end of the feathering shaft as the stops are not wide enough to catch the outer ring of the bearing?
Yes. There are no step washers in the design. The bearing just pulls apart from the inside out, through and through. The retaining screw in the feathering spindle is only big enough to capture the inner race.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:21 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Steve,

Yes. Since there is no step-washer on the outside of the grips, there is nothing to keep the outer race of the bearing (along with the grip & blade) from departing the feathering shaft - should an outer grip bearing fail. The stock feathering shaft isn't long enough to accept another pair of step-washers. Some people have switched to a longer Walkera shaft with room for the additional step-washers. The root of the blades must be sanded down a couple mm to allow them to clear the feathering-shaft screws.

Others simply put better outer bearings in the grips, and yet others replaced all four.

EDIT: I see SV beat me to it...

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Mar 23, 2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Slow typing