SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
Um, how is it "fanboyism"? If that were the case, we'd all be defending the thing to the death even WITH the bearing failures...

EVERYONE should be able to fly the thing OUT OF THE BOX safely, as long as they have the appropriate skills. This is a major failure/oversight from HH, no matter how you look at it. That said, my mCP X will be here tomorrow and I have two other Blade helis, which I fly and enjoy. Does that make me a "fanboy"? If so...read the first part again...
I wasn't referring to you.... But to the guys who use it as a reason to recommend buying some walkera 4x5gs or whatever they call them.
PastaRocket848 is offline Find More Posts by PastaRocket848
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:11 PM
This is my Nemesis....
ViperZ's Avatar
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragzilla View Post
WOW!, some of you have nothing better to do than judge and accuse....

There is a reason this was my first post - the crap people come out with is not worth being a registered contributing memeber. I have been lurking on this site for a long time without a single post - there is a reason for that.

This wasnt staged, and yes I WANTED it to fail to show what happens. I had not seen a single video of it coming apart and figured there should be one. I did take it all apart and rebuild it properly, from what I could find on the net it was done correctly. I WAS excited when it blew apart, that was what I was wanting it to do. We all know these bearings should be replaced and I was already intending to replace them. In fact hour after I shot that video I had it back up and running with new bearings and have not had an issue since.


Fact is the MCP X should not have been released untill this was fixed. There are far too many people having the same issue.

Take from this video what you want. If all you want to do is shoot it down - go complain to your wife about it.

I'm out and will go back to lurking again.

Happy and safe flying too all!

No Worries Frgazilla, I liked the video, and it lit a fire under my ass to check my bearings and tie it up the holders just in case.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Dont waste your time or money. Mario from Mia has been banned from RCG numerous times and is currently operating another sock puppet account now as we speak. He used to have some nice "corrections" back in the early Walkera days of the 4#3 before most of the issues were sorted out and most of his stuff these days are just "bling" that do nothing but weigh a micro down and make them fly worse. Nothing he sells improves the flight of any micro heli at all and you will be lucky to see anything you order within months after ordering it. He has been around for years and is terrible at getting you your items or answering e mails after he has your money. He is too busy creating conspiracy theories that Walkera, Picco and every other heli maker out there "stole" his ideas for the design of his heli and claims to be the "inventor" of just about every RC component out there. Its easy to recognize his sock puppet accounts becaise he cant help throw in a line or two in every post or image caption about "they are using my XXX but didnt give me credit"
His website is filled with all sorts of crazy lawyer crap of "dont steal my ideas", claims of copyrights on everything (which he doesnt have) and disclaimer nonsense so dont waste your time or money.
Thanks for the heads up! Good thing his shipping rates turned me off enough to mull it over and use Spectra line instead.

Just got off work, heading out to fly the mCPx now!
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:14 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
Hasher66's Avatar
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Has anyone busted the canopy posts of their frame yet?
I have one post left so my canopy is barely hanging on..and thinking about a solution to hold the canopy on without having to replace the frame. kindof dreading that.. its not as quick of a replace job as the msr is.
starting to think i need a whole other heli for playing nice with and keep this one as my thrasher. its beaten to a pulp now.

Busted up frame, busted tail boom wrapped in thread and CA all over it.
busted skids, canopy busted all to hell (the green ones are thinner plastic by the way).
cracked blades..

still flys great! loving this thing. I'm so glad i waited 4 years and didnt practice 3d on my belt cp now
sideburn,

Here's what I've done and it holds up pretty well. Take a very thin sewing needle and heat up the pointy end with a small butane torch if you have one, (a lighter if your don't) holding the other end in your fingers with a small piece of cloth to keep from burning yourself.

After you've got about 7 or 8 mm of it glowing, take it and careful push it in the center of the small circle on the frame where the post used to be. Push it in just a little bit, and then pull it back out fairly quickly as it will get stuck otherwise when it cools. Repeat this until you can see it going about 5mm or 6mm into the frame.

Next, do this same thing to the post. Once you've got two, nice small holes in both the frame and the post, carefully sand them flat again because the melting plastic has most likely squished up around the holes you just made.

Next, take a little thick CA, put it on the same sewing needle you just used, and glue it into that new hole of the broken post. Hit it with accelerator, if you have it. Next, use a dremel or pair of wire cutters and cut off most of the needle, leave about a 5mm stump of the needle sticking out from the post. Put a little thick CA on the end of that needle stump, and insert it into the frame. Push it together and get it nice and straight, apply a bead of thick CA around the repaired area, and hit it with accelerator.

The needle will bend again in a crash, but won't give way and provides an excellent internal splint for the repair. Once it bends again, just bend it back.

PM me if you have any questions, or want any clarification. I did this to three posts on my mCPX frame, and one on my mSR frame, and all held up very well.

CORRECTION: Make that only about 3mm - 4mm into the post, since you may deform it too much if you push the hot needle in any further.
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Last edited by Hasher66; Mar 23, 2011 at 07:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:16 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
Wow. Twice the price! I'm pretty sure the regular Boca Bearings will be good enough for this purpose.
Yeah, mCP X grips @ $25 apiece seemed to be a bit much - even for a chronic maximizer like me. I was also looking at Boca's 440 SS 1.2s, but they're still likely to be dramatic overkill in this app. The chrome 1.12s will most likely outlast the rest of the rotating assembly.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:18 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastaRocket848 View Post
I wasn't referring to you.... But to the guys who use it as a reason to recommend buying some walkera 4x5gs or whatever they call them.
Oh, I see...got it... Have just the person in mind in that regard.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:29 PM
Registered User
ihover's Avatar
United Kingdom, Knutsford
Joined Feb 2011
204 Posts
Batteries

What is the recommended method for overnight storage of the 200mAh batteries? Should they be left discharged (after 4 mins fight) or charged up fully after last flight of the day. p.s. I fly each day so this is short term storage only.
ihover is offline Find More Posts by ihover
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:32 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
Hasher66's Avatar
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihover View Post
What is the recommended method for overnight storage of the 200mAh batteries? Should they be left discharged (after 4 mins fight) or charged up fully after last flight of the day. p.s. I fly each day so this is short term storage only.
I've started putting them in Lipo storage overnight since they are getting somewhat elderly, (almost 40 cycles on each of my four), but some have commented on here that that is overkill. At any rate, I'm also only charging them at 1C now as well.

EDIT: If you only have a choice between leaving them charged or uncharged overnight, I'd vote for charged. But get another opinion on this point as well, because I could be wrong.
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:34 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihover View Post
What is the recommended method for overnight storage of the 200mAh batteries? Should they be left discharged (after 4 mins fight) or charged up fully after last flight of the day. p.s. I fly each day so this is short term storage only.
short-term storage fully charged is always better than discharged.
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:38 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
Hasher66's Avatar
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
short-term storage fully charged is always better than discharged.
Thanks for confirming that Bud, battery Bud.

How you been, btw?
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:40 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
41 Posts
I had to replace the frame on mine from busted body posts. It wasn't hard at all. Took like 10 minutes. Servos are a couple screws each, motor is 2, the whole main gear/shaft/head comes of with no effort at all. Two more screws for the board and you're done. You'll find it much easier than it seems initially.
PastaRocket848 is offline Find More Posts by PastaRocket848
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:44 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Yep, got my mCP.....

Yep, I'm an idiot. I know I triple-checked my settings (dx6i)...somehow I mistakenly entered a descending pitch curve on 2nd setpoint ...spooled up in my living room.....heli went skittering across the floor into my kids trainset...broken linkage, stripped pitch servo...ouch...$24 mistake first startup. Watch that pitch servo- lots of load for such a tiny thing.

Go ahead and make fun of me now, lol!!


Question:

I'm using a dx6i....it has two gyro settings....factory defaults are 65% (switch pos 1), and 100% (switch pos 2)...can't find it mentioned in the manual....

Should I change the 65% (pos 1) to 100%? Thanks in advance....


Once I receive and install new servo, I think I'll do my maiden at a nice grassy field.


Bud, feels like a newb again Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:49 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasher66 View Post
Thanks for confirming that Bud, battery Bud.

How you been, btw?
Aight, except for the above brainphart....lol! I need to get over being timid w/ this bird (coz of the grip/bearing thing)...fishing line leashes are in order methinks. I haven't been timid flying any of my machines in a very long time lol!


Bud, timid wittle Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:54 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
Hasher66's Avatar
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
Yep, got my mCP.....

Yep, I'm an idiot. I know I triple-checked my settings (dx6i)...somehow I mistakenly entered a descending pitch curve on 2nd setpoint ...spooled up in my living room.....heli went skittering across the floor into my kids trainset...broken linkage, stripped pitch servo...ouch...$24 mistake first startup. Watch that pitch servo- lots of load for such a tiny thing.

Go ahead and make fun of me now, lol!!


Question:

I'm using a dx6i....it has two gyro settings....factory defaults are 65% (switch pos 1), and 100% (switch pos 2)...can't find it mentioned in the manual....

Should I change the 65% (pos 1) to 100%? Thanks in advance....


Once I receive and install new servo, I think I'll do my maiden at a nice grassy field.


Bud, feels like a newb again Bud
Excellent! Glad to see that you've joined the club.

The gyro switches on the DX6i will do nothing to the mCPX, since the gain is not adjustable on the mCPX.

Put the switch wherever you like, since it won't make a difference.

And criminey, I've crashed and busted so many things on my mCPX that I must be trying to set a record or something.

I think that I might be on my 3rd of 4th tailboom now. I'm not very good at 3D in my tiny living room...but I can't seem to stop myself from trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
Aight, except for the above brainphart....lol! I need to get over being timid w/ this bird (coz of the grip/bearing thing)...fishing line leashes are in order methinks. I haven't been timid flying any of my machines in a very long time lol!


Bud, timid wittle Bud
I was pretty conservative at first as well, and then when I got comfortable with it, I started getting a bit too aggressive in confined spaces. I will learn to flip this bird consistently in my living room though...I refuse to give up!
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:58 PM
Registered User
sideburn's Avatar
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasher66 View Post
sideburn,

Here's what I've done and it holds up pretty well. Take a very thin sewing needle and heat up the pointy end with a small butane torch if you have one, (a lighter if your don't) holding the other end in your fingers with a small piece of cloth to keep from burning yourself.

After you've got about 7 or 8 mm of it glowing, take it and careful push it in the center of the small circle on the frame where the post used to be. Push it in just a little bit, and then pull it back out fairly quickly as it will get stuck otherwise when it cools. Repeat this until you can see it going about 5mm or 6mm into the frame.

Next, do this same thing to the post. Once you've got two, nice small holes in both the frame and the post, carefully sand them flat again because the melting plastic has most likely squished up around the holes you just made.

Next, take a little thick CA, put it on the same sewing needle you just used, and glue it into that new hole of the broken post. Hit it with accelerator, if you have it. Next, use a dremel or pair of wire cutters and cut off most of the needle, leave about a 5mm stump of the needle sticking out from the post. Put a little thick CA on the end of that needle stump, and insert it into the frame. Push it together and get it nice and straight, apply a bead of thick CA around the repaired area, and hit it with accelerator.

The needle will bend again in a crash, but won't give way and provides an excellent internal splint for the repair. Once it bends again, just bend it back.

PM me if you have any questions, or want any clarification. I did this to three posts on my mCPX frame, and one on my mSR frame, and all held up very well.

CORRECTION: Make that only about 3mm - 4mm into the post, since you may deform it too much if you push the hot needle in any further.
good idea.. darnit i tossed the posts a long time ago.. maybe ill just thread it on by tying a piece to the canopy and loop it around the frame
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:00 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
Hasher66's Avatar
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
good idea.. darnit i tossed the posts a long time ago.. maybe ill just thread it on by tying a piece to the canopy and loop it around the frame
You may want to consider a frame swap then. They are only about $8, and it takes all of 15 minutes to do.

Really, it's a pretty easy thing, even if it looks challenging at the beginning.
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade mCP X BNF Heli... ChuckTseeker Micro Helis 15505 Dec 13, 2014 01:00 PM
Discussion Blade mCP X Discuss anything thread A Rdnek Micro Helis 457 Jul 27, 2011 12:34 AM
Discussion The New BLADE mCP X Has Arrived... ChuckTseeker Electric Heli Talk 38 Mar 27, 2011 08:35 PM
Discussion new blade mcp X anyone know anything new. epoweredrc Atlanta Area RC 6 Mar 16, 2011 09:14 PM
Discussion Blade mCP x - strictly on topic Q and A thread jdog83 Micro Helis 58 Feb 07, 2011 03:28 PM