SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2012, 07:06 AM
United Kingdom, Newbury
Joined Jun 2011
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBch View Post
Well, it is a hair smaller -- 2.95mm to 2.98mm is about what you get with the Great Planes cf rod. It's perfect. 2.8 is going to be too small.
I must've had some slightly different sized CF rod - I bought some 3mm rod last year for my DLG and used some of that to fashion my own shaft when the hollow stock one splintered - it was a tiny bit too small, with just a little play in the bearings. My little MCPX shook like it was having a fit, so I put the homemade shaft to one side and waited for the delivery. Maybe I actually had a 2.8mm rod, I dunno...

e: Having read PaulB's post, that could well have been the issue.
SquidgyB is offline Find More Posts by SquidgyB
Last edited by SquidgyB; Feb 02, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2012, 07:47 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerxer View Post
What is "durometer?" A measure of hardness?
Spot on

Just a link I found quickly
http://www.plasticsintl.com/polyhardness.htm

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:54 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
just came across this funny mcpx video
tirashrash tirashrash mcpx dancing.MOV (1 min 49 sec)
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro View Post
just came across this funny mcpx video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIV2Ube9GXk
ha!ha! Awesome!!
eranrc is offline Find More Posts by eranrc
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:26 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,929 Posts
I love this heli!

I will confirm that you can fix split main shafts by dropping a few drops of CA down the tube. Blow into it to push it down the whole thing. Try not to come out of the drill holes if you can help it (tape) or you'll have to sand the dried CA.

Anyways, it holds like new. Smooth and no issues.

As for the question of were my blade grips too tight - no, I keep my blades just a smudge tighter than loose.

Just got back from lunch break. Flew 5 batteries out. I have gotten so much better at inverted flying just flying this thing than the simulator ever got me. Maybe because with my bigger nitro birds I was always afraid of crashing.. No fear now! I did my first grass trimming, then full negative and it just shoots away from the earth perfectly flat. It's freakin awesome. Was able to hover a full battery upside down again at about head height. It's helping my inverted coordination immensely

Did I say I love this heli?! hahahaa... Oh, also did a longer solid tail boom and yeah, holds much better!
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:47 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2006
1,167 Posts
Turbo,
Sounds like we are both at about the same point in our learning. I've had my first inverted hovers down low over the last few days. The heli is very stable upside down. I'm still doing the tail in thing, but plan to go thru the age old process of moving around in a square tail first. Then side in and etc...just like when I first learned helis. This inverted thing is like starting all over...but more fun!
flynfrfun is offline Find More Posts by flynfrfun
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:48 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2006
1,167 Posts
That video had me laughing...that takes some skill too.
flynfrfun is offline Find More Posts by flynfrfun
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:03 PM
gilbert AZ
Joined Oct 2007
283 Posts
///
INCARUS is offline Find More Posts by INCARUS
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:09 PM
gilbert AZ
Joined Oct 2007
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCARUS View Post
a few threads back I posted about the 28 dollar full cnc upgrade package from hobbycool again........28 BUCKS!!!

link:http://www.hobbycool.com/mcpx-comati...red-p-420.html

i ordered two set ups...red and silver. also note that I ordered in on wendsday and I got it on saturday...FAST

I got an immediate order confirmation via email and a tracking number about 1hr after I placed the order

there were some concerns about quality at this price.

Im not a good heli pilot. infact im am just learning to hover so im not the best person to tell you if this will hold up to 3d demands etc. but the parts "look Good" and dont bend under my finger pressure. I attached a bumch of pictures for you guys to take a look.

I just checked site...SOLD OUT..glad i got mine early

have not put them onyet..8 moth old its wearing me out!!!

this is what you get:

Aluminum MCPX Compatible Upgrade Parts (Red)

1x Aluminum main rotor hub with hard ware r-2

2x Aluminum Main Blade Grip with Bearing r-3

1x Aluminum Precision Swashplate set r-1

1x Aluminum Shaft Collar r-4

1x Aluminum Main Rotor Shaft

1x Aluminum Feature Shaft

5x screws

Weight:15 grams
FYI guys. I just realized that the feathering shaft is missing out of both kits???!!! the stock shaft is kinds tight so I don't want to use it. THe kit stated that a feathering shaft is supposed to be included. I sent several emails to hobbycool via their website. waiting to hear. NOTE also that there is also what appears to be a aluminum tail boom in kit. its pictured in kit on site but not in the list of items that come with the kit.

waiting to hear from them. cant assemble anything till then. hope they dont disppoint.
INCARUS is offline Find More Posts by INCARUS
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:10 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,929 Posts
flynfrfun - yes! I can fly the heli all day long in any orientation right side up - but I always got a little numb in the brain when flying inverted. I never had the guts with nitro birds to invert down low, so all my inverted flying was 25' up or higher. Now with this I'm flipping it at head height. It's such a cool little machine.

I have been doing mostly nose-in inverted. I will start doing tail in and try to get all angles down good.

I wish I had an indoor place to fly bigger than my garage or living room. I gotta really start looking.
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Feb 02, 2012, 04:26 PM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
I have just purchased a fully working used v1, got it for a really good price so I couldn't really say no! I am still looking out for a dx6i hopefully I will pick one up over he next week or so.

The heli itself is totally stock, are there any cheap/easy but effective mods I should be looking to do in the meantime before I get it in the air, and also I was thinking of ordering some spare parts in anticipation of the inevitable breakages, what should I be looking to pick up?
Pl155cm is offline Find More Posts by Pl155cm
Old Feb 02, 2012, 08:37 PM
Flying the Spyder
United States, PA, Parkesburg
Joined Mar 2008
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pl155cm View Post
I have just purchased a fully working used v1, got it for a really good price so I couldn't really say no! I am still looking out for a dx6i hopefully I will pick one up over he next week or so.

The heli itself is totally stock, are there any cheap/easy but effective mods I should be looking to do in the meantime before I get it in the air, and also I was thinking of ordering some spare parts in anticipation of the inevitable breakages, what should I be looking to pick up?
Cheap... Easy... Mods... Well start with tail boom.... Extend it and make it solid. Very inexpensive mod...

Battery: tenergy 200mah fairly inexpensive.
Canopy grommets on the swash
...uhm... Do a water break-in on the motor...

Spare parts: dog bone links... Order plenty of these.
Landing gear skids
Feathering shaft (a few)
A main shaft wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up either.
Uhm... I can't think of anything else.

Happy flying.
eaglescry24 is offline Find More Posts by eaglescry24
Last edited by eaglescry24; Feb 02, 2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,516 Posts
some really cool stuff for the mcpx at http://translate.google.com/translat....nanoheli.net/

needs google translated though, cause I can't understand german...LOL

some canopy stuff...

sk
ministeve2003 is offline Find More Posts by ministeve2003
Old Feb 02, 2012, 08:56 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pl155cm View Post

Hey forget the skids, the stock one is quite solid. Get a V2 tail or just the V2 tail blade. Also get some spare Bullit Blades or high performance blades.( the bullit blades are quick for indoors.
Get 30 C batt..E-flite has some the 200 mAh at 30 C. Good luck . Best Regards.
Ps. go easy at first ,and time your flights.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Feb 02, 2012, 10:10 PM
United States, CT, Preston
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Durometer is one of several measures of the hardness of a material. Hardness may be defined as a material's resistance to permanent indentation. The durometer scale was defined by Albert F. Shore, who developed a measurement device called a durometer in the 1920s. The term durometer is often used to refer to the measurement, as well as the instrument itself. Durometer is typically used as a measure of hardness in polymers, elastomers, and rubbers
DaveChamplin is offline Find More Posts by DaveChamplin