SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 30, 2012, 04:31 PM
Meridian, Idaho USA
Joined Feb 2004
303 Posts
Blade slop

Hi all
2nd full day of flying, doing good but an issue has come up. After an unfortunate contact with the Earth I no longer have enough thrust to rise more than 3 or 4 inches? Looking at the Heli I noticed that the main shaft has about vertical slop. At rest the white drive gear barely makes contact with the motor drive gear. As the motor ramps up it rises up to the top. On top of the chassis is a locking collar, I think this might have slipped. My instinct is to move the shaft to it upper most and bring the collar down. How much if any slop should be present?
mikeflys is offline Find More Posts by mikeflys
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2012, 04:35 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2011
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeflys View Post
Hi all
2nd full day of flying, doing good but an issue has come up. After an unfortunate contact with the Earth I no longer have enough thrust to rise more than 3 or 4 inches? Looking at the Heli I noticed that the main shaft has about vertical slop. At rest the white drive gear barely makes contact with the motor drive gear. As the motor ramps up it rises up to the top. On top of the chassis is a locking collar, I think this might have slipped. My instinct is to move the shaft to it upper most and bring the collar down. How much if any slop should be present?
your main gear has been pushed down, gently push the gear back up on the main shaft.. and you should be set to go again..
andione1983 is online now Find More Posts by andione1983
Old Jan 30, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
I use a colored drinking straw cut to lenght and slit down the side. I looks cool covers the wires and looks nicer. It also weights very little. I especially like floresent pink and green

Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Jan 30, 2012, 05:02 PM
United Kingdom, Newbury
Joined Jun 2011
110 Posts
Quote:
Hi all
Yeah, the collar won't slip, it's screwed through - the main gear slips off in a crash, mitigating some damage. slip it back on and you'll be rosy.
SquidgyB is offline Find More Posts by SquidgyB
Old Jan 30, 2012, 05:59 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Quote:
Hi all
Push the gear back on, apply force at the hub, not the rim. Snap...
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:18 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Dec 2010
157 Posts
Tail vibration and instability turned out to be bent feathering spindle. Easy fix.
ronhawker is offline Find More Posts by ronhawker
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:23 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,840 Posts
When I bent my feathering shaft I called the LHS and asked if they have them and how much. He told me 5.95 and I asked if that was for a ten pack.

Anyway, I was wondering why I can't flip this heli now. When I first got it I went to the field and flip it immediately and was hovering inverted. Now I try and the tail blows out. I have the V2. I found a Walkera feathering shaft from a Ufly that's the right diameter but its about 55mm longer. I'm not sure how much to cut off.
I went to a field with tall weeds but when I crashed, it broke one of the balls off the swash. I ordered a micro heli swash so we'll see what breaks next on this ultra durable heli.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:25 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Isle of Anglesey
Joined Jan 2012
84 Posts
If your tail keeps blowing out suddenly are you sure you haven't cracked the tail boom? Does it twist real easy?

I'm going to go ahead and ask a stupid question, but when my batteries from HobbyKing finally arrive (if ever) I'm going to tire of charging batteries one by one on stock charger.

What chargers are people using for multiple batteries?
Dilatory is offline Find More Posts by Dilatory
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilatory View Post
If your tail keeps blowing out suddenly are you sure you haven't cracked the tail boom? Does it twist real easy?

I'm going to go ahead and ask a stupid question, but when my batteries from HobbyKing finally arrive (if ever) I'm going to tire of charging batteries one by one on stock charger.

I think your batteries from Hobby King comes with a muti plug adapter. I ordered 4 from Hobby King and there waiting for p/u at post office. I wonder if they're going to be any good at $2.96. The LHS wants $15.0 for the stock one but I know good after market ones you can get for $10.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Jan 2012
84 Posts
They're the 300mah 1S 35c ones, supposed to be decent from what I've heard. Better than stock so I'm told anyway.

Will wait and see!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,840 Posts
[QUOTE=Dilatory;20594464]If your tail keeps blowing out suddenly are you sure you haven't cracked the tail boom? Does it twist real easy?

The tail wasn't cracked but it is now after removing it to install new longer one. The new one is solid so the frame will probably break next crash. What? they make an after market frame?
It could be that I just had too much coffee when I tried to flip it.
Last edited by barnstorm100; Jan 31, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,840 Posts
Quote:
They're the 300mah 1S 35c ones, supposed to be decent from what I've heard. Better than stock so I'm told anyway.

Will wait and see!
The 300mah 1S 35c numbers mean nothing except what they decided to print on them. You don't get what you pay for. Sometimes you get a lot less
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Jan 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
The 300mah 1S 35c numbers mean nothing except what they decided to print on them. You don't get what you pay for. Sometimes you get a lot less
Well regardless of the discrepancies between packaging and product, I've heard good things about the batteries which is of course all one has to go on when ordering things from the internet. I'll reserve final judgement until they arrive.

Good luck with your tail!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,840 Posts
Sorry for having such a negative attitude. I'll post if there is a muti plug adapter with the batteries.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:07 PM
United Kingdom, England, Halifax
Joined Oct 2011
180 Posts
Quote:

hobby king x6 charger harness

add to cart, then add the 300mah turnigys for $2.96 from the above link

or a quality charger board here
astroid site or thread
BenScoobert is offline Find More Posts by BenScoobert