HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2011, 05:48 PM
Joined Mar 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
I am confused. Inspected my blade grip bearings and found one bearing to be copper on both sides, and the other to be silver on both sides. I thought one side is supposed to be silver and the other side copper?
Hi ihover

there are two bearings in each grip , four bearings total , HTH , best regards
mCP_X is offline Find More Posts by mCP_X
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2011, 05:54 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
I just...can't...stop...ordering...stuff for the mCP X I don't even have yet! Should be here tomorrow, but I went ahead and ordered some 1 x 4 x 1.12mm Boca Bearings to replace the stock blade grip bearings. I want NO part of this blade slinging crap. I've used Boca Bearings for many years and never, ever had one fail, tighten up, get rough, etc. $12 with free shipping is cheap peace of mind...

Sorry but I just have to ask how you are going to drill out the hole in the bearing so that they fit on the feathering shaft???
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 23, 2011, 05:57 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,491 Posts
Quote:
I'm going to swap the Bocas in for the stock bearings before even flying it. No sense in messing around with any potential problem of slinging a blade in flight.
SV,

I do plan to install them as soon as they show up. I'm a big fan of preventive maintenance. I never had an original fail in flight; however, during my standard preflight routine, I did catch one that was about to fail @ three 3 hr mark. I just ordered some spare Bocas to have on-hand in case I dumb-thumb it & somehow miss the TH switch. I'm relatively new to CP helis, but my mechanical background tells me that changing grip bearings (especially the outer pair) after a serious blade strike should be SOP on this bird.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:01 PM
United Kingdom, Knutsford
Joined Feb 2011
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mCP_X View Post
Hi ihover

there are two bearings in each grip , four bearings total , HTH , best regards
Ahhh, thanks for that How do you get them out without damaging them? Which ones need to be re-inserted the "correct" way?
ihover is offline Find More Posts by ihover
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:02 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
Has this been posted already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwdVT...layer_embedded

http://www.micro-flight.com/Blade%20mCPx.htm

Too bad the shipping is the same price as the retaining hub... It add some nice bling.
Dont waste your time or money. Mario from Mia has been banned from RCG numerous times and is currently operating another sock puppet account now as we speak. He used to have some nice "corrections" back in the early Walkera days of the 4#3 before most of the issues were sorted out and most of his stuff these days are just "bling" that do nothing but weigh a micro down and make them fly worse. Nothing he sells improves the flight of any micro heli at all and you will be lucky to see anything you order within months after ordering it. He has been around for years and is terrible at getting you your items or answering e mails after he has your money. He is too busy creating conspiracy theories that Walkera, Picco and every other heli maker out there "stole" his ideas for the design of his heli and claims to be the "inventor" of just about every RC component out there. Its easy to recognize his sock puppet accounts becaise he cant help throw in a line or two in every post or image caption about "they are using my XXX but didnt give me credit"
His website is filled with all sorts of crazy lawyer crap of "dont steal my ideas", claims of copyrights on everything (which he doesnt have) and disclaimer nonsense so dont waste your time or money.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:02 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,491 Posts
Boca's 1.5 x 4 x 1.12 mm bearings

Boca's 1.5 x 4 x 1.12 mm bearings:

http://www.bocabearings.com/productd...ctSubGroupID=0

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:03 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
SV,

I do plan to install them as soon as they show up. I'm a big fan of preventive maintenance. I never had an original fail in flight; however, during my standard preflight routine, I did catch one that was about to fail @ three 3 hr mark. I just ordered some spare Bocas to have on-hand in case I dumb-thumb it & somehow miss the TH switch. I'm relatively new to CP helis, but my mechanical background tells me that changing grip bearings (especially the outer pair) after a serious blade strike should be SOP on this bird.

Joel
Hey Joel

Can you give me the product number for the Bocas, I am guessing you ordered 4 of them to replace all of the bearings?
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:07 PM
Heli Mad
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
oops just saw your previous post, perhaps I should refresh before posting
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:11 PM
Heli Mad
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
I just tried to order 4 bearings 23.80 for the bearings and 14.95 to post to Australia - please left me know if you are ordering any and you are willing to purchase some for me and on post them, postage to Australia for a letter shouldn't be more than a dollar or two at the most!!
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:19 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Ok, you right I've seen both bolin short version and bowline. Didn't think the spelling police would notice

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Ok I let you get away with that last time, but I can't take it any more...

http://www.google.com/search?q=bolun
http://www.google.com/search?q=bowline

The bowline is effective at making a loop which won't slip. It's not the best knot for tying two lines together. For that, you want a bloodknot or if the lines are different sizes, a sheet bend. I've tied a lot of fishing line together in my day, and the bloodknot when done correctly will not come apart - there is a way to do it wrong though, and it will slip apart immediately.
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:23 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Sorry but I just have to ask how you are going to drill out the hole in the bearing so that they fit on the feathering shaft???
Whoops...did I order the wrong size? I searched here and Helifreak and this was the size everyone was posting. That includes the link in the monster mCP X thread posted either yesterday or day before yesterday. Oh well, I can always send them back or keep them around for possibly another use. $12 ain't the end of the world...

Or is this just another smart assed jab...yet again?
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:24 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
deleted...question already answered above...
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:25 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Boca's 1.5 x 4 x 1.12 mm bearings:

http://www.bocabearings.com/productd...ctSubGroupID=0

Joel
Ah, okay. We ordered the same size.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:29 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
No, they will fit perfectly 1.5 x 4.0 x 1.12mm is the stock size. I had a 4G6 feathering shaft that wouldn't fit but it was messed up so I filed it down a little and then it fit well. Seemed like they plated it twice, it was just slightly too large.

Don

Quote:
Ah, okay. We ordered the same size. Livonia Bob seems to think the ID is too small for the feathering spindle?
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:31 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbennettya View Post
Ok, you right I've seen both bolin short version and bowline. Didn't think the spelling police would notice

Don
Pretty sure the 1980s vintage Boy Scout Handbook I have somewhere calls it a 'boline' with no 'w' - so who the hell knows how it's spelled. I kinda just wanted to make sure we're talking about the same knot, and you aren't using something I've never heard of. Regardless of how you spell it, everyone should know how to make a bowline - it is the knot you want to use when rescuing people with a rope, from the water or whatever - because it won't tighten down on them as you pull them in.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501