HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:44 PM
United States, NY, Queens County
Joined Jun 2007
1,172 Posts
i find that my tail blows out sometime, i ordered the 120sr tail boom/motor/mount/rotor combo, i am running a stock v1, should i cut the 120 boom or just use the motor or rotor on the stock tail, i have read through 100 pages or so before asking this. what do you guys think is best. i do plan on going brushless soon also
kremecheze is offline Find More Posts by kremecheze
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Oct 2005
57 Posts
Set the boom length for right at 150 mm from main shaft to tail motor shaft. Flip the motor to the left side of the boom and run the Plantraco TriTurbo 65 mm prop in tractor configuration.

Ben Minor
Dr.Ben is offline Find More Posts by Dr.Ben
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:37 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,955 Posts
I'm running the CO5M, 8T pinion, AEO converter, XP-7A ESC, and a 4G3 tail motor/V3 rotor on a 125mm boom. The CG is right on the money, and the tail is solid even during very aggressive 3D. I'm using Hyperion & TP batteries.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:03 PM
Seattle Lake Tapps.
Joined Feb 2011
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopelli View Post
Or even the Blade 450 3D. I really enjoy mine and the BNFs can be found at fire sale prices with the 450 X coming out next month (so they say). I've seen them for around $200-225 and one place had them for just under $200. Great deal!
Where is this place at?
airmanthesixth is offline Find More Posts by airmanthesixth
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:54 PM
mCPx
Vancouver, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
188 Posts
Came across the same kite-flying guy from last time at the park so I quickly sticky-taped my 808 #11 HD keychain cam to the canopy hoping to get some good footage. Turns out my c05m v2 motor has enough power to flip with onboard cam of about 10g. Sorry for the wobbly picture. The bird has developed a dreaded wobble earlier today. Skip to 3:24 for the couple of flips.

mCPx Onboard-cam Kite-Watching and Flipping (4 min 39 sec)
Race Miata is offline Find More Posts by Race Miata
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:43 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
846 Posts
I received my "new" used mcpx today. It powered right up, bound to the DX6i and seems close to being ready other than these two items:

I've read that I can move the blades back toward the tail with pitch at 50% (hold setting, .ie. 0% pitch) and confirm this by measuring the distance between the blade tips. Thing I don't understand is the blade tips don't get that close to each other when I try this. They don't rotate on the blade bolts so they are close enough to measure. What don't I understand?

There appears to be to much negative pitch and slop in the main shaft from the main gear up to the screw-pinned collar above the case (bearings?). I'm thinking the main gear is to low on the shaft. I've read about getting the gear aligned with the flat side of the shaft and pressing it up. Will I see the bottom of the shaft flush with the bottom of the gear or just push until the gear "bumps" into the bottom of the case/frame?
Blade Crasher is online now Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:34 AM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Dec 2011
36 Posts
I got mine back together and had it hovering in one place at about 20 ft high for the whole battery charge. I FINALLY got it running 100%!!
Now to start practicing as soon as this wind dies down hopefully today!!
pwgsx is offline Find More Posts by pwgsx
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:41 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
The main gear should be flush at the bottom of the frame
Hold the top of the head and press in either side to to cog to push it up. If there is too much negative you can either use pitch sub trim or wind the servo arms to get zero at mid stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher View Post
I received my "new" used mcpx today. It powered right up, bound to the DX6i and seems close to being ready other than these two items:

I've read that I can move the blades back toward the tail with pitch at 50% (hold setting, .ie. 0% pitch) and confirm this by measuring the distance between the blade tips. Thing I don't understand is the blade tips don't get that close to each other when I try this. They don't rotate on the blade bolts so they are close enough to measure. What don't I understand?

There appears to be to much negative pitch and slop in the main shaft from the main gear up to the screw-pinned collar above the case (bearings?). I'm thinking the main gear is to low on the shaft. I've read about getting the gear aligned with the flat side of the shaft and pressing it up. Will I see the bottom of the shaft flush with the bottom of the gear or just push until the gear "bumps" into the bottom of the case/frame?
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
Quick question pros.
I want an mcpx v2 but have read it has shakes out the box, what causes this and how can I fix it?
Or is it that a noob just never set it up correctly
CorgiCowPockets - xxDExx is offline Find More Posts by CorgiCowPockets - xxDExx
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:41 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
I say all set up//////im a heli noob though
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:41 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_ColonelAngus_X View Post
Quick question pros.
I want an mcpx v2 but have read it has shakes out the box, what causes this and how can I fix it?
Or is it that a noob just never set it up correctly
I just got one and they do not shake right out of the box at all. Mine is absolutely rock solid. The only time I noticed the shakes was when my main gear was not seated properly. If you get the shakes check for one of two things at first:

1 - Main gear not lined up properly. The notch in the gear hub needs to be aligned with the flat spot on the main shaft.

2 - Main gear not fully on main shaft. Make sure that the gear is pushed as far up on the shaft as it will go. If you don't see a little bit of the main shaft sticking out of the bottom of the gear then it's not on there all the way.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:29 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
My v2 also has no shakes

My mSRX I can't say the same about, but my mCPX V2 is rock solid
habitforming is offline Find More Posts by habitforming
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:27 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
846 Posts
Help - Yaw problems

I need help with my used, new to me mcpx.

When I power it up on my concrete garage floor it yaws around to the left wildly, like when a 450 gyro needs to be reversed. Unflyable.

When I put it on the work bench and while holding it give just a little throttle, the tail motor starts up. Using my hand to yaw the heli around, the gyro senses this and increase or decreases the tail motor speed.

When I yaw toward a left turn (from the nose of the heli, thus the tail is moving right), the motor speeds up, pushing more thrust to the tails' left, thus increasing my yaw.

It's like the power is running the wrong way to the motor, maybe.

Or could it be a servo (channel) reversing setting in the DX6i? I tired reversing the rudder channel but it didn't seem to do anything.

The tail rotor is mounted on the shaft with the little "hub" center part of the prop toward the motor. The blades spin toward the rear (counter-clockwise). Reversing the power flow to the tail motor seems wrong since this would make the prop run backwards which is not the issue.

I'm lost. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.
Blade Crasher is online now Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:24 AM
United States, OK, Ada
Joined Jun 2007
537 Posts
Reverse the tail motor plug where it plugs into the main board
rcflyair is online now Find More Posts by rcflyair
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:56 AM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
I Love the V2 mCPx.

I am so impressed with the V2 mCPx. Here's a short video from today with some flips and rolls. I have two V1's and there is no comparison. I can now do continuous flips with my stock V2 with no "spinning tail of death".

Blade mCPx V2 Micro Heli with Flips and Rolls (1 min 7 sec)
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight