HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:06 AM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Dec 2011
36 Posts
Horrible Shaking

I need some help.....I get a bad shake about mid throttle that I cant seem to figure out where its coming from. It will go away if I throttle it up a bit but when it hits this certain blade speed it shakes like crazy. Here is what I have done so far to try and fix it:

Replaced plastic frame with carbon fiber ( just bc I liked the look of it)
Replaced 2 frame bearings
Replaced blades ( one was cracked half way thru)
Main shaft is fine ( no cracks or splits)
Replaced feathering shaft, I think thats the name of it, I was certain that was the issue but if anything it shakes worse now!!!

Im out of ideas HELP
pwgsx is offline Find More Posts by pwgsx
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:17 AM
fernie bc canada
Joined Dec 2009
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwgsx View Post
I need some help.....I get a bad shake about mid throttle that I cant seem to figure out where its coming from. It will go away if I throttle it up a bit but when it hits this certain blade speed it shakes like crazy. Here is what I have done so far to try and fix it:

Replaced plastic frame with carbon fiber ( just bc I liked the look of it)
Replaced 2 frame bearings
Replaced blades ( one was cracked half way thru)
Main shaft is fine ( no cracks or splits)
Replaced feathering shaft, I think thats the name of it, I was certain that was the issue but if anything it shakes worse now!!!

Im out of ideas HELP
did you balance the blades ? I find it makes a big difference..
Also both blades need to be the same tightness , no very tight.
joliecoeur13 is offline Find More Posts by joliecoeur13
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Dec 2011
36 Posts
No clue how to balance them, im new to heli's, I do have the blades equal tightness, they move freely but no wiggle and not too tight where there is friction.

Could the swash plate have anything to do with it? I still have the plastic type??
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Nov 2010
16 Posts
pwgsx, You may also want to try cleaning the wipers on your servos.
NJ_Quack is offline Find More Posts by NJ_Quack
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:41 AM
fernie bc canada
Joined Dec 2009
528 Posts
yes your servo may be the problem, I had that a while back , if only 1 sevo has the shake it will make them all shake...I just sprayed some contact cleaner on the servo strip , worked fine ever since ...

Have you been oiling the servos ? because I'm thinking oiling is not a good thing as it creates a film that can dry up...just my findings

your swash is not the problem , or it's really sloppy
joliecoeur13 is offline Find More Posts by joliecoeur13
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Dec 2011
36 Posts
No I have not oiled them. Where exactly do I spray the contact cleaner on the servo? I see the board with the motor on it, then the worm gear with a gear on the bottom that is in the casing that slides up and down.

There is play in the swash when no power it on? Is that normal?
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Nov 2010
16 Posts
You will find information on cleaning servos here http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=289666
NJ_Quack is offline Find More Posts by NJ_Quack
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Aug 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescry24 View Post
I would say the mcpx is a great choice due to it's three axis gyro. It's more stable than your flybar helis and if trimmed out right she'll fly much better than the msr.
Are these birds set up for you out of the box? I've been trying to fly it in my 3 bay garage without any success. As it starts to lift off it either goes forward or left but not consistently. Since its so much snappier than either my MSR or 120sr, I either overcorrect or hit the wall. I would rather do this over grass, but since its white and cold it will be awhile.
This is the first bird I have purchased new...the other two where used and did require a fair amount of adjustment.
Jburg is offline Find More Posts by Jburg
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:22 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
you will need to dial in your dual rates, expo, pitch, and throttle curves... then it should be fine.

I tried flying before I programmed my radio and it flew like an angry mosquito with a wing cut off.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:28 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Thanks Joel. I'm trying to learn how to properly fly a CP heli. I've tried before but lost focus/interest as I was completely absorbed into my fixed wing aircraft (still am, but...). Before I move onto any mild 3D stuff I want to make sure I have scale flying down very, very well. Then I'll try my hand at flips, rolls and funnels. If that sticks then I'll think about getting a bigger heli - like a FBL 550 or something like that.

I actually made more solid progress on Saturday afternoon. I'll video some more when I get back into town (Shanghai and Tokyo this week) but so far I'm loving my mCPx.
Turnerm,

Sounds like we're taking similar paths. As I did when learning to fly fixed-wing, I want to master the fundamentals of rotary-wing flying (the most important stuff) first - things like scale flight, precision flying, and flying in the wind. Once I have mastered the above, I will start working on aerobatics.

Hope your trip back tho the 'States is uneventful. Looking forward to your next video!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2012, 03:16 PM
Hovering until my thumbs bleed
USA, WA, Mountlake Terrace
Joined Dec 2010
966 Posts
Here's a vid of my MCPX I got for christmas. Just putting around in my living room.

Blade MCPX in my living room (4 min 15 sec)
newbheliusr is offline Find More Posts by newbheliusr
Old Jan 09, 2012, 03:27 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,833 Posts
I just converted my MCPX to brushless useing the helimax brushless coversion kit for the novus cp, a 9tooth pinion and the the steveconverter. This is not new nor my innovation but a good setup provideing loads of power! Only draw back is the major cutting of the chassis... so back to the drawing board to over come the bad fit. The result is my own custom chassis with a perfect fit of the helimax BL, I even made the motor pos adjustable to prevent the gears jaming as with the stock chassis. Works like a charm!

Hope you like it :-)

henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Jan 09, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jun 2011
407 Posts
Nice! Are those 3D printed or CNC'd?
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline Find More Posts by DudeInMyrtleBch
Old Jan 09, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1 Posts
I'm new as of today to this site and I'm hoping I'm not posting in the wrong place. Does anyone know why I can't find replacement parts for the Blade MCP X 2 (landing skid) anywhere? I got it for Christmas and I've searched everywhere to no avail.
reyman5500 is offline Find More Posts by reyman5500
Old Jan 09, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hovering until my thumbs bleed
USA, WA, Mountlake Terrace
Joined Dec 2010
966 Posts
Everyone is just out of stock right now. Those can be hard to come by. I ordered 3 for mine. but I haven't even broken one yet. Check ebay
newbheliusr is offline Find More Posts by newbheliusr