HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2011, 01:23 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
Well, you said "nice bling", so I naturally took it as something you thought looked "good". I consider "nice bling" to be the shiny parts on my mSR and, soon to be mCP X, as soon as some are available. Swashplate, for starters, is a must in my book.
Ha, Ha, my bad Thinking about it some more, it's not like a nice aluminum swash like those on the mSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasher66 View Post
It actually looks like a way to turn your CP heli, into a weird kind of FP heli.

I wonder how "flexible" those little things are?
You know I was thinking the same thing after I did the Spectra fix, that at least allows the holders to work independantly when required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman View Post
How would your blade grips rotate if you had them linked together by a sheet of CF?That's the problem with the ones in the photos,not that they are carbon,but they have to add some resistance,and that kills performance.
Noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Did you know I will sell you a 6 inch section 30# spider wire for 9.99 shipped?
For a short time I will include a piece of paper with instructions that will show you how to tie a not at no additional cost to you!
Now thats a DEAL!!

Really though $20 bucks shipped for two light pieces of plastic that probably interfere with smooth blade grip operation

Unless your Initial is "M" then I dont see the bling factor.
LOL Good one, Thanks, I have already dug the required materials out of my shop supplies.

ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2011, 01:24 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,128 Posts
Vibrations at mid-stick, not below or above though

Any idea what's causing this? It seriously flies just fine, no wobbles, no weird behavior. Just right before take-off I noticed the vibrations on the wooden floor. Took off, no big deal. Still it kept bothering me, so I had a closer look.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-mv0fnP96s

Like I said - it does this only at mid-stick. Any ideas/suggestions? Just something I want to figure out and get rid of if possible.

Cheers!
Chris Burton is offline Find More Posts by Chris Burton
Old Mar 23, 2011, 01:25 PM
Joined Sep 2009
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mCP_X View Post
Hi turkeylord
i've had the opportunity to measure three different sets of stock mCP X bearings with my set of digital calipers , and they were all 1.12mm thick , i am not sure how they landed on using that size bearing either
Ok, cool. Thanks. Just want to make sure we've got good data here and in the wiki.

*edit* and thanks VaderSS too, good info
turkeylord is offline Find More Posts by turkeylord
Old Mar 23, 2011, 01:26 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
Hi
i agree , nobody's going to convince me that isn't staged , my money is on the bearing had already failed , and he had it tied back together with dental floss for shooting the video
Post count,join date,video.Looks like a load to me.I'm not sure why people are doing this-HH knows the heli needs new bearings.We know it.The people that use these forums,but have yet to buy one,they know it as well.
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Mar 23, 2011, 01:27 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Burton View Post
Any idea what's causing this? It seriously flies just fine, no wobbles, no weird behavior. Just right before take-off I noticed the vibrations on the wooden floor. Took off, no big deal. Still it kept bothering me, so I had a closer look.

Check this out:

Like I said - it does this only at mid-stick. Any ideas/suggestions? Just something I want to figure out and get rid of if possible.

Cheers!
Check your main gear. It's sounds like it might not be seated tightly, and the main shaft could have a little up and down play in it.
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Old Mar 23, 2011, 01:37 PM
Joined Mar 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
Post count,join date,video.Looks like a load to me.I'm not sure why people are doing this-HH knows the heli needs new bearings.We know it.The people that use these forums,but have yet to buy one,they know it as well.
Hi destinbeachman

there is just no figuring some people out

the forums are great , with the combined experience and shared knowledge we have here on the web , we are so much further ahead as a collective than we ever would have been by ourselves

but the downside is we have to tolerate the occasional psycho , i try to to view it as entertainment
mCP_X is offline Find More Posts by mCP_X
Old Mar 23, 2011, 01:41 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
I don't know if I would be flying without the help of the collective knowledge and help available here.
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Mar 23, 2011, 01:42 PM
USA, NY, Syracuse
Joined May 2005
874 Posts
bent fathering shaft?

Quote:

Check this out:

Cheers!
beer-man is offline Find More Posts by beer-man
Old Mar 23, 2011, 01:59 PM
Joined Mar 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer-man

bent fathering shaft?
LOL , don't even go there
mCP_X is offline Find More Posts by mCP_X
Old Mar 23, 2011, 02:12 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Quote:

Cheers!

Yep, the main gear is slightly un-seated. At mid-stick, the head and mast will flutter up and down, causing the vibration. This is a good indicator of a loose gear-- the noise has saved me several times.
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Mar 23, 2011, 02:16 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Mar 2011
10 Posts
WOW!, some of you have nothing better to do than judge and accuse....

There is a reason this was my first post - the crap people come out with is not worth being a registered contributing memeber. I have been lurking on this site for a long time without a single post - there is a reason for that.

This wasnt staged, and yes I WANTED it to fail to show what happens. I had not seen a single video of it coming apart and figured there should be one. I did take it all apart and rebuild it properly, from what I could find on the net it was done correctly. I WAS excited when it blew apart, that was what I was wanting it to do. We all know these bearings should be replaced and I was already intending to replace them. In fact hour after I shot that video I had it back up and running with new bearings and have not had an issue since.

Fact is the MCP X should not have been released untill this was fixed. There are far too many people having the same issue.

Take from this video what you want. If all you want to do is shoot it down - go complain to your wife about it.

I'm out and will go back to lurking again.

Happy and safe flying too all!
Fragzilla is offline Find More Posts by Fragzilla
Old Mar 23, 2011, 02:17 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Hi
i agree , nobody's going to convince me that isn't staged , my money is on the bearing had already failed , and he had it tied back together with dental floss for shooting the video
That is what I am thinking that the bearing was manipulated to fail with the full intention of making it break on video, and that he really had to try to do it.

I am still looking forward to when he does that with his own larger heli's
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Mar 23, 2011, 02:18 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragzilla View Post
Fact is the MCP X should not have been released untill this was fixed. There are far too many people having the same issue.
!
If someone has the issue that you filmed and flies it until it seperates then it is their fault.... You could tell before lift off it wasnt going to fly how it should...silly test.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Mar 23, 2011, 02:21 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
. In fact hour after I shot that video I had it back up and running with new bearings and have not had an issue since.
So, you pushed the main gear back up. I'm glad to hear that worked.
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Old Mar 23, 2011, 02:26 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
WOW!, some of you have nothing better to do than judge and accuse....

There is a reason this was my first post - the crap people come out with is not worth being a registered contributing memeber. I have been lurking on this site for a long time without a single post - there is a reason for that.

This wasnt staged, and yes I WANTED it to fail to show what happens. I had not seen a single video of it coming apart and figured there should be one. I did take it all apart and rebuild it properly, from what I could find on the net it was done correctly. I WAS excited when it blew apart, that was what I was wanting it to do. We all know these bearings should be replaced and I was already intending to replace them. In fact hour after I shot that video I had it back up and running with new bearings and have not had an issue since.

Take from this video what you want. If all you want to do is shoot it down - go complain to your wife about it.

I'm out and will go back to lurking again.

Happy and safe flying too all!
I, for one, never claimed it was staged, nor did I even believe it to be staged. You "flew" (sorta) around for a bit and nothing came apart. And, when you took off (or tried to) again, the video was not stopped/cut and it came apart. I will admit I jumped in my chair when that happened as I wasn't expecting it so soon and I had my volume turned up. Quite a violent action and YES... I completely agree this should have been sorted out in HH's R&D department, or whatever they have, before the mCP X was released to the public at large.

The question begs to be asked, though... Why couldn't you hover it at all in the first part of the video?
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking