SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:32 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_ColonelAngus_X View Post
Why did u go through 7? Is this heli that faulty on 3in1 board or what.
Of the tenergy, hyperion and lectrons what one is the best lipo?
Hyperion are good I use the spyder cells and like them. The Turnigy cells will last around 20-30 flights before they start to fade.
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopelli View Post
I wondered that myself before when he talked about owning/modifying all those mCP X's and then "offing" them one by one.

I think he's a closet "Dexter-esque" psycho killer of mCP X helis...

U got that right lol,
Im glad im done doing work to mcpx's,they were a pain in my back, i had a standard and until it met it, i wouldnt bother flying it,
Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:36 PM
Sink stinks
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2005
4,554 Posts
The hardware for the V2 is the same as the V1, so there's no reason it should vibrate more. It probably just needs some tuning.
Montag DP is offline Find More Posts by Montag DP
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
Who sells the spyder cells, sir.
CorgiCowPockets - xxDExx is offline Find More Posts by CorgiCowPockets - xxDExx
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
The hardware for the V2 is the same as the V1, so there's no reason it should vibrate more. It probably just needs some tuning.
but it occurs on almost all helis...and the hardware is not the same as they made changes/additions...if it was the same it wouldn't be v2.

in my eyes Blade mCP X v2 should be Blade mCP (no X) -1
JMull is offline Find More Posts by JMull
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:54 PM
Crashing Gooder and Gooder!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Feb 2009
2,313 Posts
Got the DX6i up and running today...way better! Good upgrade from the DX4.
YamaDan is offline Find More Posts by YamaDan
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaDan View Post
Got the DX6i up and running today...way better! Good upgrade from the DX4.
Excellent! I'll bet you could tell the instant you picked up the radio and felt how nicely the stick gimbals moved.
kokopelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopelli
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:39 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMull View Post
heres one:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1555930

i also no from experience from watching my friend fly (he is quite experienced) and the tail was shaking very hard and so was the body of the heli...there are many more complaints like this one...i think its a common issue.

Its worse than the v1 and it doesnt add any new fancy additions so i dont think its worth it to get the v2...thats why i got the v1

Theme of this story: Always do your resarch!!!

I have a v2 that hasn't exhibited any of those problems, nor have I seen widespread reports of them. I have been following all of the main mCPX threads since the v2 came out.

It sounds like either your friend doesn't know how to set up his heli, or it's a lemon and should be warranty'd.

If you can get a V1 cheap, then I'd say get it, but the V2 is serving me quite well and I have no real beef about tail holding issues, and definitely no wags, shakes, rattles, or rolls...

But who you gonna believe, 5 post guy, or 1600 post guy
habitforming is offline Find More Posts by habitforming
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:45 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
Quote:
but it occurs on almost all helis...and the hardware is not the same as they made changes/additions...if it was the same it wouldn't be v2.

false

And for the record, the changes are:
1) Improved battery (you can get better batteries for $5-15 anyway)
2) New tail rotor (you can buy it for $2 or $3)
3) New AS3X gyro sensors (now all 3 axis are on one chip, instead of split between 2. No one knows if this is for price, manufacturability, parts availability, or performance reasons.)
4) $0.01 O-rings pre-installed on the lower swash balls. (You can get 50 for $3 on the internet).

No hardware has been changed that would make it any more or less likely to shake while flying. It sounds like the main rotor spur gear wasn't seated properly, which happens very often after a crash (I check mine every time I pick it up).
habitforming is offline Find More Posts by habitforming
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:38 AM
United Kingdom, England, Halifax
Joined Oct 2011
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I just hovered mine indoors last night and that's about all I was comfortable doing. I tried to do a little pirouette with it and found out how quickly it can get away from you. But I saved it and gently put it down. It was cool to at least play with it BUT... that mSRx sure is looking good for indoors!! Dang it!!
I agree, it can get away fast, nothing like the simulator which pirouettes on the spot with no cyclic input.
BenScoobert is offline Find More Posts by BenScoobert
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:40 AM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_ColonelAngus_X View Post
Who sells the spyder cells, sir.
You can get the cells from www.progressiverc.com in the states or if you are in Australia I have them locally.
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:40 AM
United Kingdom, England, Halifax
Joined Oct 2011
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming View Post
4) $0.01 O-rings pre-installed on the lower swash balls. (You can get 50 for $3 on the internet).
Doesn't that make it a $0.06 O-ring? :-)

and for the record my v2 only vibrates when the white gear isn't all the way up, I check it after every battery change and every crash, it has been my only issue with it
BenScoobert is offline Find More Posts by BenScoobert
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:42 AM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:

I have 2 V1's and a V2 and two of my friends have V2's and none of our V2's have vibration issues. To me the V2 is much better. My V1's are parts donors now.

Did you read that thread? The guy complaining changed to the bullet blades and his vibe disappeared. Unbalanced main blades are an easy thing to fix.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Old Jan 05, 2012, 06:05 AM View Post
JMull
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while JMull edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 10:00 AM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
883 Posts
Quote:

l just put out my opinion and if you change to the fast flight blades you cannot do aerobatics which is the point of the heli. I know that the vibration occurs with the hi-performance blades and the point of using these blades is to do aerobatics and you cannot do these tricks what is the point of buying it?
You can do aerobatics with the bullet blades. They are not as tight as you can do with the flat blades, but loops, flips, rolls and inverted are certainly doable. I learned to do loops with the speed blades.
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom