HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2012, 04:43 PM
Sink stinks
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2005
4,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
If you dont see any tail blowout with crazy stick movement then It could be you have your max and minum pitch set lower than normal too.

All 3 of mine stock with max and minimum pitch capped at 90% didnt have tail blow outs unless I didnt wach the input.

The brushless upgrades with good batteries have made them be able to flip almost in place and only have slight tail loss.
I'm using 0-100% pitch, but I am using a Hitec Optic 6 and it may have lower output by default than the Spektrum radios. Nonetheless, I'm more than happy with it how it is.
Montag DP is offline Find More Posts by Montag DP
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 04:49 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,234 Posts
the 0-100 linear pitch curve for idle up is good but what is your overall travel for your pitch?
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:03 PM
Sink stinks
Joined Apr 2005
4,480 Posts
Quote:
the 0-100 linear pitch curve for idle up is good but what is your overall travel for your pitch?
In terms of degrees? I haven't measured it, because it looks reasonable and flies well. Perhaps I will actually measure it tonight, if I can find a protractor.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:18 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,234 Posts
Not really in exact degrees I was more asking if you restrict your pitch with travel function (servo screen on the tx). That is where it is more common to limit the maximum and minimum pitch (collective and cyclic). Though from the sound of it doesnt even seem like you use that screen for pitch.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:21 PM
Sink stinks
Joined Apr 2005
4,480 Posts
Quote:
Not really in exact degrees I was more asking if you restrict your pitch with travel function (servo screen on the tx). That is where most limit the maximum and minimum pitch (collective and cyclic). Though from the sound of it doesnt even seem like you use that screen for pitch.
I do have that screen but I haven't made any travel adjustments with it for the mCP X. If I wanted to adjust the collective travel I'd probably just use the pitch curve.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:38 PM
cjg
"Pull up, pull up!"
Vermillion, SD
Joined Jan 2006
453 Posts
A couple contributions on recent mods.

1)I installed the Microheli metal swashplate. I chose it over the Xtreme metal swash as it has replaceable ball joints. However, one of the 1.5mm ball studs that connect the rotor head linkeage appeared to be too small and the connector wouldn't stay on. Changing the connector and the ball sure (I purchased a sale set of ball joints) didn't solve the problem. However, slightly squeezing the connector with tweezers made it fit tight. Flies very nice, and it is a good upgrade.

2) Be sure to leave slack if you tether the rotor head links. I tied dental floss with no slack. First crash I snapped the link since it couldn't pop off the ball stud.

3) I installed the V2 tail rotor in my V1. Much nicer, with more control of the tail.

Enjoying this little bugger, but still learning to fly this as my first collective pitch...
cjg is offline Find More Posts by cjg
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
2) Be sure to leave slack if you tether the rotor head links. I tied dental floss with no slack. First crash I snapped the link since it couldn't pop off the ball stud.
Better yet, use a tiny dollop of hot glue at the outer ends of the anti-rotation "forks" to close them off. No thread/floss needed and it can easily be cut off with a razor knife, if need be. I've popped plenty of links, but never lost a single one since reading about this modification. Very easy to do...
kokopelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopelli
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:44 PM
cjg
"Pull up, pull up!"
Vermillion, SD
Joined Jan 2006
453 Posts
Great idea on the hot glue. Next time I won't have to go crazy tying small knots with tweezers!
cjg is offline Find More Posts by cjg
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
Great idea on the hot glue. Next time I won't have to go crazy tying small knots with tweezers!
Exactly! It's bad enough using a larger Asteroid battery mount and having to wrap it with thread to attach it to the skids.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:57 PM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,199 Posts
Guys, Just Got my MCPX , its a Christmas Gift from my RC Buddies.......just a couple of question...

1. How Long does a Main Motor and a Tail Motor Last ?

2. I really enjoy this MCPX compare to my CopterX-450 and Raptor E620.....been thinking for flying continously......say you have 6 Battery Pack and fly it for 6 x 5 minutes = 30 minutes.....have you guys done that?
lazy-b is offline Find More Posts by lazy-b
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:10 PM
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jun 2011
335 Posts
You need to give the stock motor a couple minute breather in between batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy-b View Post
Guys, Just Got my MCPX , its a Christmas Gift from my RC Buddies.......just a couple of question...

1. How Long does a Main Motor and a Tail Motor Last ?

2. I really enjoy this MCPX compare to my CopterX-450 and Raptor E620.....been thinking for flying continously......say you have 6 Battery Pack and fly it for 6 x 5 minutes = 30 minutes.....have you guys done that?
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline Find More Posts by DudeInMyrtleBch
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:11 PM
fernie bc canada
Joined Dec 2009
484 Posts
something to watch out for

I had this thing for a few month now and I did notice it was loosing power (main rpm) and thought the motor was dying , but just today noticed a spark when I pluged in the battery and one wire was braking off the plug ...

re solder it and the power is back to normal , voila
I wonder if you can gain any effeciency by switching to micro deans ??
joliecoeur13 is offline Find More Posts by joliecoeur13
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:16 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
I dont think it would make that great a difference, you just gotta make sure wires are on right
Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
mCP X Help

Hi all!
I recently purchased a Blade mCP X and the blades are not flat/balanced and it takes full throttle to take off and then falls over.

This is what it looks normally:

This is what its supposed to look like (I got it flat by turning the TX off first and then when it reconnects they go crooked again):
JMull is offline Find More Posts by JMull
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Um, your blades are on backwards. The advancing blade (leading edge) should be on the LEFT side of the heli when looking down on it and tail towards you.