Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:05 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
I would recommend getting the better tx before going brushless, it will open up a whole new world of possibilities for brushed
Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:12 AM
Joined Dec 2011
23 Posts
Well I don't want to actually buy better tx yet becouse they are so expensive.. Maybe in future.
punisher96 is offline Find More Posts by punisher96
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:26 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
However your talking about brushless, which is expensive too, the better investment would be spending 150-160 on a dx6i

brushless you cant tame on a dx4 from what ive heard
Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Dec 2011
23 Posts
I will get my mCP X brushless for 50€ and DX6i for 160€. The price is 3x bigger. I guess I will just stay brushed then if its not possible on DX4e.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:32 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher96 View Post
I will get my mCP X brushless for 50 and DX6i for 160. The price is 3x bigger. I guess I will just stay brushed then if its not possible on DX4e.
I think Dx6i at 160 euro is the one include tx and rx. You do not rneed x and just get DX6i tx only version and it about 120 to 125 euro. You won't regert to get DX6i.

I even re-bind new mcpx v2 to DX8 and left v1 bind to DX6i.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:56 AM
Sink stinks
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2005
4,515 Posts
Quote:
I will get my mCP X brushless for 50€ and DX6i for 160€. The price is 3x bigger. I guess I will just stay brushed then if its not possible on DX4e.
Can you adjust the pitch and throttle curves on the DX4e? At the very least you will need that capability if you go brushless. Otherwise I don't think it will be worth it, as you'll need a new transmitter to make it fly well anyway.
Montag DP is offline Find More Posts by Montag DP
Old Jan 04, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Dec 2011
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
Can you adjust the pitch and throttle curves on the DX4e? At the very least you will need that capability if you go brushless. Otherwise I don't think it will be worth it, as you'll need a new transmitter to make it fly well anyway.
I have "rolls" THR, AIL, ELE, RUD,MIX, MD-2, MD-4 on DX4e.
Last edited by punisher96; Jan 04, 2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 01:11 PM
Crashing Gooder and Gooder!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Feb 2009
2,313 Posts
I'll bet you anything, that Valentino Rossi will go faster on a bone stock 600 than any of us on his motogp bike. In other words, you can have the best engine, but if the driver isn't there...

I'm doing the DX6i upgrade first.. I have plenty to learn about flying before I go to brushless.
YamaDan is offline Find More Posts by YamaDan
Old Jan 04, 2012, 01:15 PM
Crashing Gooder and Gooder!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Feb 2009
2,313 Posts
Quote:
I will get my mCP X brushless for 50 and DX6i for 160. The price is 3x bigger. I guess I will just stay brushed then if its not possible on DX4e.
I have one $400 transmitter for all my fixed wing aircraft.. From the $50 foamy to the $700 60cc... but still, the most important part it what connects me to the bird.
YamaDan is offline Find More Posts by YamaDan
Old Jan 04, 2012, 01:22 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaDan View Post
I have one $400 transmitter for all my fixed wing aircraft.. From the $50 foamy to the $700 60cc... but still, the most important part it what connects me to the bird.
+1! I always tell people that their next purchase should ALWAYS be a better transmitter. Once you've got that, everything gets better. And you can easily sell them if you decide to get out of the hobby. I recently sold my DX6 for $120 and purchased a brand new DX8 and have never been happier.

The stick resolution alone is enough to make the upgrade worth it.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 04, 2012, 01:24 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaDan View Post
I have plenty to learn about flying before I go to brushless.
Me too! I see this ALL the time on these forums. People get lured into all the upgrades before they even get comfortable with the stock aircraft (plane or heli - doesn't matter). Upgrading an aircraft before you know how to utlize it is usually waste money.

Having said that though... this hobby is all about having fun so as long as you're doing that then keep doing what you're doing right?
Old Jan 04, 2012, 01:34 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Warner View Post
My bad. This may apply to this MCPX but I thought I was responding to the MSRX thread - lots of guys over there wondering about the left lurch on takeoff. Sorry for the miss post.
No problem Gary. I did a little test in the house last night with my mCPx and it definitely does not require much cyclic correction for me to bring it up slowly into a stable hover. I mean... my fingers are doing a little work but it's no different than holding the heli in a normal hover. I definitely don't have to correct for any wild shifts to the left or right.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 01:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Me too! I see this ALL the time on these forums. People get lured into all the upgrades before they even get comfortable with the stock aircraft (plane or heli - doesn't matter). Upgrading an aircraft before you know how to utlize it is usually waste money.
I kept having tail blowouts all the time on my stock mCP X when flipping it and just trying to throw it around the sky. Yeah, yeah...collective management like everyone says...

So, I converted it to brushless and the tail blowouts went away. In this case... Mo powah = mo bettah (insert Tim Taylor).
kokopelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopelli
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 04, 2012, 01:58 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
On Collective management - If you do not give over input on the collective it is good practice for any heli. If you dont need to over input you are in better, smoother and will have more precise control of the heli. If you go to brushless after you have better control of the mcpx you will fly a lot better with advanced flight than switching to brushless early..
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jan 04, 2012, 02:13 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopelli View Post
I kept having tail blowouts all the time on my stock mCP X when flipping it and just trying to throw it around the sky. Yeah, yeah...collective management like everyone says...

So, I converted it to brushless and the tail blowouts went away. In this case... Mo powah = mo bettah (insert Tim Taylor).
Yea, but in this case I'd have to agree with you for upgrading. You found what you felt was a limitation in the heli's ability to do what you wanted it to do so you made a logical decision to upgrade.

It seems like many people just upgrade because there are upgrades available.

Again... some people just enjoy tinkering with things and that's a big part of what makes this hobby fun for many people so if that part of the hobby makes them happy then they should do just that.