Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:57 PM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thews View Post
One of my blades is clearly tracking maybe 1/4" higher than the other. With nothing clearly adjustable attaching to the main blade holders, what is the best way to adjust the blade tracking on a mCP X v2?
Have you crashed? check your spindle it maybe bent that would mess up the tracking on the blades
skyeblu is offline Find More Posts by skyeblu
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
One of my blades is clearly tracking maybe 1/4" higher than the other. With nothing clearly adjustable attaching to the main blade holders, what is the best way to adjust the blade tracking on a mCP X v2?
check if the main shaft and feather shaft bent.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Check the main shaft around the hole where the rotor hub screw goes. This is an area commonly prone to cracking and, if cracked, it can wreak havoc with the entire rotor system. You'll have to pull the head to really check, though...
kokopelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopelli
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Oct 2005
57 Posts
Check just above the upper mast stopper/collar to cracks in the mainshaft too. Ask me how I know......

Ben Minor
Dr.Ben is offline Find More Posts by Dr.Ben
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Dec 2011
16 Posts
I am curious, are there any limitations to what radio one can use with the MCPX? This is my first RC vehicle of any sort, but I am wanting a radio that has more adjustment than the Spektrum that came in the BNF kit.

I'd prefer something other than a spektrum which is why I ask.
enfurno is offline Find More Posts by enfurno
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:41 PM
Meridian, Idaho USA
Joined Feb 2004
303 Posts
Greetings
I thought I would say Hi, I am a new MCPX owner. Well, I just sent in my order today. I ordered a MCPX V2 BNF and a Dx6i radio. I am moving up from my MSR. I am sure I will be posting several question once my order arrives.
mikeflys is offline Find More Posts by mikeflys
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:43 PM
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jun 2011
407 Posts
Well, it's gotta be a Spektrum radio. Can probably use some other TX with a spektrum radio if you want. That's what's built in to the mcpx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfurno View Post
I am curious, are there any limitations to what radio one can use with the MCPX? This is my first RC vehicle of any sort, but I am wanting a radio that has more adjustment than the Spektrum that came in the BNF kit.

I'd prefer something other than a spektrum which is why I ask.
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline Find More Posts by DudeInMyrtleBch
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:58 PM
Sink stinks
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2005
4,533 Posts
Quote:
My blades have actually been a little out of track ever since I first got mine, but not 1/4", maybe 1/16" - 1/8", so I don't worry about it. Has yours always been out of track? I'm thinking perhaps careful balancing will help with mine, but 1/4" seems like there must be something else wrong, such as a bent spindle.
Montag DP is offline Find More Posts by Montag DP
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Dec 2011
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBch View Post
Well, it's gotta be a Spektrum radio. Can probably use some other TX with a spektrum radio if you want. That's what's built in to the mcpx.
So the Airtronics is completely out of the question. JR is compatible, but man they are pricey. There is a DX7 in the classifieds for $150.. Might pull the trigger, I just keep reading about how spektrum gear falls apart rather quickly.
enfurno is offline Find More Posts by enfurno
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:03 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,435 Posts
Quote:
... I just keep reading about how spektrum gear falls apart rather quickly.
Not sure where you "keep" reading that, but mine has been rock solid 110% perfect for years now...
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
So the Airtronics is completely out of the question. JR is compatible, but man they are pricey. There is a DX7 in the classifieds for $150.. Might pull the trigger, I just keep reading about how spektrum gear falls apart rather quickly.
surprise me. my spektrum gears work fine for years.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:21 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
My blades have actually been a little out of track ever since I first got mine, but not 1/4", maybe 1/16" - 1/8", so I don't worry about it. Has yours always been out of track? I'm thinking perhaps careful balancing will help with mine, but 1/4" seems like there must be something else wrong, such as a bent spindle.

I had made some observations n this regard, tracking on an mcpx can appear off due to blade flex on the flimsy plastics, my pal at the shop told me about this, But i spent hours and hours trying different spindles when i was later told to some extent the blades flex
Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:42 PM
Joined Jul 2011
8 Posts
I searched the thread, but could find no reference to this:

The mounting holes in the main blades are the right diameter so that a simple toothpick makes a great blade balancer. Force the two blades on the same end of the toothpick with one "upside down" so that the two leading edges are aligned when the blades are at 180 degrees. Balance the ends of the toothpick between your index finger and the table top. It's amazingly sensitive!
gknight4 is offline Find More Posts by gknight4
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:53 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
I have Spectrum D6i (4 years), DX7 (5 years), and DX8 (14 months) and none of them have fallen apart.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight