Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:01 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
???

The stock cells are crap as compared to any quality cell. This has been proven over & over again by many independent testers. Their voltage sags terribly under even moderate loads, they start to fade after just 40-50 cycles, and they are heavy. Plus, the stock cells are way overpriced - given their poor voltage-holding ability and absolutely dismal lifespan.

Joel
+1 stocks are terrible. And overpriced. Performance lacking and voltage drops too fast.

Justin
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:03 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugoose View Post
i charge my cells at 1c now, but that is because i dont fly my mcpx that frequently
That doesn't make sense? What does that have to do with flying frequently or not? Stock packs (if you use them) should be charged at 1C, but the hyperions can be charged 5C after a couple charges.

Justin
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:18 PM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
For the money http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...li-p-6264.html best cells for the MCPx.

Take it easy on them for the first 5-10 cycles, and store them at 3.85 volts. I have 6 with 60-150 flights on each one, and the older cells put out more power than the rest.

The 240's are great cells too http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...mcpx-connector , and lighter than the 250's, but put out a little less power. Not as popular now that Hyperion makes a plug and play 250.

I have the TP 240's and they are rubbish compared to the Hyperions!
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Dec 07, 2011, 12:18 AM
fernie bc canada
Joined Dec 2009
526 Posts
Hey Guys , lets face it EVERY E-Flite part is overpriced !!!
appart from the board every other part probably cost pennies to make and sell for $4 each .... but back to the batteries E-Flite is well known for poor quality and overpriced batteries ...
those Hyperion are doing well for me , so far

Just for fun , I have a couple sets of 4G6 wood blades so I thought I give them a go on the mcpx , actually not bad !! lots of lift and a REAL battery killer
I like those light 3d blades the best
joliecoeur13 is offline Find More Posts by joliecoeur13
Old Dec 07, 2011, 12:20 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
I have the TP 240's and they are rubbish compared to the Hyperions!
Dylan,

How many cycles do you have on your TP cells? I don't have enough cycles on mine to assess long-term performance. They seem to be performing OK so far in my stock machine, although my (considerably older) Hyp 240s are peppier. My LHS finally started stocking Hyp 250s. I plan to buy a few when I stop to pick up my Beast 3D.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2011, 12:29 AM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
10 cycles or so, I did the first 5 with the charger, second 5 on the heli. Thought they were just cold so warmed em up, small improvement, you can hear the headspeed come down 2 minutes into the flight, and the bogging get worse at at the 2:30 mark right before they poop out, and only take 50% back in on the next charge. Brand new Hyperions were better.

Might be better on the stock setup, I am running a little bit more power than the C05M/8 tooth. I get 3:40 of mild 3D with the Hyperion 250's to 80%

Being 10Mah less than the Hyperions and still 25C you would think they would be comparable, but even the IR readings on the charger show a different story.

They are light and expensive though, Ill give em that

Dylan
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Dec 07, 2011, 01:02 AM
Joined Dec 2011
22 Posts
Can you use CA on the stock mCPx battery holder? Mine broke and I tried to glue it but it didn't hold through the next flight.

Thanks,

Dave B
oncorhynchus is offline Find More Posts by oncorhynchus
Old Dec 07, 2011, 03:04 AM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
I use cotton thread and a little CA on the thread to bandage broken leg parts, might also work for you..
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Dec 07, 2011, 05:25 PM
Espaņa, CN, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Joined Oct 2011
73 Posts
BL problem

Hi guys,

Iīve got a problem I canīt solve. My mcpx is setup with the HP05s, thesteve converter and borrowed ESC from a walkera v100d01. Signal wire is welded to resistor on the back of the board and thesteve is connected +/- source. It worked fine for some days, nice spool-up and good tail hold with the 120SR motor.
Just an hour ago it crashed, because of me, and now the tail strikes frequently clockwise 90 degrees. Like the tail seems stronger than the main motor which I find hard to believe
I checked the wires, pinion, main gear, blades, batteries, etc. Donīt know any more, any help is very welcome

Thanks,

Martijn.
timox72 is offline Find More Posts by timox72
Old Dec 07, 2011, 05:35 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timox72 View Post
Hi guys,

Iīve got a problem I canīt solve. My mcpx is setup with the HP05s, thesteve converter and borrowed ESC from a walkera v100d01. Signal wire is welded to resistor on the back of the board and thesteve is connected +/- source. It worked fine for some days, nice spool-up and good tail hold with the 120SR motor.
Just an hour ago it crashed, because of me, and now the tail strikes frequently clockwise 90 degrees. Like the tail seems stronger than the main motor which I find hard to believe
I checked the wires, pinion, main gear, blades, batteries, etc. Donīt know any more, any help is very welcome

Thanks,

Martijn.
Any missing teeth on the main gear? Does it sound like the main motor is shutting down for a second as this happens?
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Dec 07, 2011, 05:37 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,901 Posts
Gday folks,

Flew my Mcpx in a huge gym yesterday, am still have a bit of trouble keeping it in one spot. It all seems to going well then it slides away and gets away from me. Im flying my 120SR quite well though. With both heli's i can hover nose in and the directions are just muscle memory now, i dont need to think about what i need to do on the sticks to keep it nose in my thumbs just do it. I was considering selling it off but i think i'll keep at it till i can throw it around the sky like i do the 120SR.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 07, 2011, 05:49 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Any missing teeth on the main gear? Does it sound like the main motor is shutting down for a second as this happens?
Just a thought if you remove the main pinion and spin the blades do they spin freely? Just wondering if anything is binding causing a load on the main motor.
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Dec 07, 2011, 05:56 PM
Joined Oct 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Hi Bob,

No missing teeth but the motor did just shut down while I was trying something and I have now a blue light blinking
Old Dec 07, 2011, 05:59 PM
Joined Oct 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebarrow View Post
Just a thought if you remove the main pinion and spin the blades do they spin freely? Just wondering if anything is binding causing a load on the main motor.
Hi Steve,

Good thought but in this case itīs spinning freely
Thanks
Old Dec 07, 2011, 06:06 PM
Joined Oct 2011
73 Posts
Hope itīs not the esc or thesteve