HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:14 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Oh wait I just rotated the blades 180 degrees so they are 90 degrees from flybar but facing opposite way and they are at almost 0 pitch at 50%. BUT I just opened a can of worms here because at 50 percent throttle they shake like crazy.. Servos are dirty. Hoping after I clean them (only cleaned 1 servo in the helis whole life) then that will take care of my drigt probs as well..
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:17 PM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
DYLAN..........

I'm so bummed after reading that thread... It seems they are reporting the exact same issue as me. UNFORTUNENTLY there was NO solution.......... Although I can handle the trim issues I wish I didn't have too.. I'm suprised I haven't heard of this until now BOO!
Just one of the quirks with the AS3X, I can live with it, I'm used to it now, and correct automatically.

Makes you wonder about the GeeBee and Beast3D though doesnt it.....

Maybe its a good thing, it makes me practice back and side flips more
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:18 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugoose View Post
how are the servos looking
Major shakes. I wasn't taking in to account that they are on the upper most hole on the servos, which would put it right about center. They must be dirty I can even see carbon dust on the pitch servo so they have to be really dirty. Hoping this is my problem with drifting too.. I mean 18 clicks trim to keep it from drifting isn't good at all... starting to remove servos now. I'm nervous and don't want to ruin any servos I can't afford new ones.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:26 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
remove the servos carefully and remove the 4 screws from the rear, use 70 percent or denaturized alcohol and clean the strip, add a tad to the brushes, but if its set lower then the servos not really salvageable
Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:28 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
STU. I'm cleaning my servos and the fingers are black too.... Should I leave them or clean them with alcohol too???? I heard the fingers are where you ruin servos so I hate to try and clean them and ruin my servos
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:30 PM
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
wet the tip of the q tip till its soaked and get the alcohol to sit on it then put it back together it will dry automatically by the time ur ready to fly
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:38 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Ok see the pics, the servo is sitting low isn't it.............. :-/

Removed bat with NO trim / sub trim AND on thold..
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:42 PM
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
Try rebuilding it, it could reset
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:56 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Try rebuilding it, it could reset
Sigh one down 2 to go. Very tedious work here. Can't get any of my drivers to magnetize right now either lol
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:13 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
2nd one took 1/4th the time. Must be a "practice makes perfect" type of thing :-)
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:15 PM
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
I can take apart clean and rebuild one in 450 secs
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:15 PM
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
45 not 450
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:21 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
45 not 450
Lol now we know why you have so many mcpx's :-) just kiddin wish I had oodles of parts / pxs
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:45 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Ah much better. I don't think its a problem where the servos are at, seems to be working fine. It still shakes but not as bad at mid stick I cleaned the last two servos better than the first and I think thats why its still shaking, but I bet I won't notice it in flight, stick has to be dead center on mid stick for it to start shaking. Probably need to replace a servo but its flyable for now. NOW I just need to figure out the drifting after 2 mins on the pack and I'll be set................................... OR deal with it... :-/ time to buy a walkera lol J/K
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:39 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Nov 2010
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_F View Post
There's too many pages here to read, and the first 200 or so are people who don't even own the heli saying "I can't wait to get mine", so I'll summarize:

Great heli.
Put grommets on the swash and make sure the main gear is FIRMLY snugged on.
Use the bullet blades.
Hyperion 240 batteries are a great no-mod option.
You'll lose a lot of dog-bone links (unless you hot glue the gap in the rotor hub closed.)
Everyone wants to go brushless to reduce tail blowout but heli flies fine without this mod if you're smooth on the sticks (this basically means "I'm a better pilot than you").

This is my first CP heli as well. I think it's an idea first CP heli. I'm told it's a bit harder to fly than a full sized however you can crash it and chances are nothing will break. If something does break it's cheap and easy to replace parts.
Thanks for the info, i ordered an mcpx and if it's shipping from the California warehouse, then I should get it on Wednesday!
ian145 is offline Find More Posts by ian145