HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytop448 View Post
Any chance of getting your DX6i setup? Mine is no where near that stable. Hoping its more setup than aircraft. Brushless conversion on the way. Hoping that makes a difference.
I hope it makes a difference for you, too. Mine is definitely more stable after my brushless conversion due to the higher headspeed.
kokopelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopelli
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:38 PM
fernie bc canada
Joined Dec 2009
517 Posts
are these Extreme main gear any good ? or should I just stay with the stock part , no need for it yet ... just incase
Oh and wich cnc swash is better microheli or Exreme ?

I was trying to fly it yesterday in -10 C not so good , don't think it likes the cold much...
joliecoeur13 is online now Find More Posts by joliecoeur13
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:55 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecoeur13 View Post
are these Extreme main gear any good ? or should I just stay with the stock part , no need for it yet ... just incase
Oh and wich cnc swash is better microheli or Exreme ?

I was trying to fly it yesterday in -10 C not so good , don't think it likes the cold much...
Stock is better.
Xtreme gear is loose - better glue it on main shaft.
Additionally its weaker than the stock main gear.

But it looks better than stock gear - black :

Walter
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Nov 20, 2011, 07:13 PM
The new guy
Londonderry, NH
Joined Oct 2010
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz2233 View Post
You know how the motor is kind of buried in these things? Well, I had my canopy off for a sec today to CA the main gear onto the main shaft because it would keep slipping down, and I saw a tiny screw attached to the motor, sideways. I looked closer, and saw a second screw a little higher up.

They were not screwed into anything, just magnetized onto it.

I found a total of 4 random tiny screws hanging on the motor, through all of it's flights, crashing, etc. Must have come from the factory that way! (I've not unscrewed anything on it yet). And yes, I did look it over very carefully to make sure nothing had become unscrewed.
Well, you're screwed. Seriously, you may have picked them up from your work bench or something. Maybe if you had the heli apart and laying on the bench it may have simply picked up some screws.
Chris_F is offline Find More Posts by Chris_F
Old Nov 20, 2011, 07:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Ordered a no-name 550mAh battery off E-bay and I figured it would be junk. I put four flights on it today and the headspeed is as high as ever. Just ran a 7.5 min flight on it and only burned 363mAh for a grand discharge of 66%. Comfortably well above 80% max discharge. The moderate/easy flight consisted of indoor hovering, forward flight and lots of "energetic" pitch pumps. The pitch pumps were fun with all that power because the ceiling came up FAST.

I figure I can get a solid 5.5-6 min of aerobatic flying outside. It will be nice to have "real" flight times with this little heli for once. 3-3.5 min on Hyperion 240s just wasn't enough since the brushless conversion. Just ordered three more. Not bad at $6.99 each and pre-configured for the mCP X. Just hope they have a life somewhat similar to the Hyperions and don't burn out fast, but we'll see...
Old Nov 20, 2011, 07:58 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Thanks to everyone with helping with my cylic drift. Like i said it's only bad towards the end of the flight which is very odd. Dylan I haven't had time to read the link you sent I'm going to straighten my pushrods and then take a look. I'm totally new at setting up CP heads so this is stressful for me. I know when it started though, when I was flying and the damn rx came unplugged and it fell from so high up. I'm ordering new pushrods, main hub, and I have the MH swash that will be here tomorrow. I'm hoping this will help my situation along with adjusting 0 degrees at center stick. BUT i'll have to eyeball it because I don't have a pitch gauge or anything :-(

As for the dx6i settings give me a second there and I'll send them although they aren't far from stock other than some expo and the 93% pitch travel + / -
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Nov 20, 2011, 08:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
I'm hoping this will help my situation along with adjusting 0 degrees at center stick. BUT i'll have to eyeball it because I don't have a pitch gauge or anything :-(
I don't believe I've ever read a single post of someone using an actual pitch gauge. Just take a blade and flip it over in the grip. Then turn the blades 90 degrees to the feathering spindle so they're both off to one side. At zero degrees pitch, they'll be perfectly parallel with no space between the blade tips. As you move the collective up and down, they'll move respectively, making a "V" shape with the wide part at the tips. Adjust all three swash links the same amount of turns to move the swash up or down, as needed, to get the blades parallel (zero pitch) at half stick.

All you have to do is set the zero, hover pitch at 3/4 stick or so and as max pitch as you think you want to run without bogging the head too much. Unlike larger helis, the mCP X is more of a "feel" thing versus setting actual pitch numbers on a gauge.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 08:11 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopelli View Post
I don't believe I've ever read a single post of someone using an actual pitch gauge. Just take a blade and flip it over in the grip. Then turn the blades 90 degrees to the feathering spindle so they're both off to one side. At zero degrees pitch, they'll be perfectly parallel with no space between the blade tips. As you move the collective up and down, they'll move respectively, making a "V" shape with the wide part at the tips. Adjust all three swash links the same amount of turns to move the swash up or down, as needed, to get the blades parallel (zero pitch) at half stick.

All you have to do is set the zero, hover pitch at 3/4 stick or so and as max pitch as you think you want to run without bogging the head too much. Unlike larger helis, the mCP X is more of a "feel" thing versus setting actual pitch numbers on a gauge.
Thanks for that, I remember reading that somewhere but had forgotten how to do it. Going to do that now, and were talking mechanical adjustments not TX sub-trim correct?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 08:23 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
For a cyclic drift one pushrod is slightly higher than the other, also can cause shakes
Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
Old Nov 20, 2011, 08:46 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
DYLAN..........

I'm so bummed after reading that thread... It seems they are reporting the exact same issue as me. UNFORTUNENTLY there was NO solution.......... Although I can handle the trim issues I wish I didn't have too.. I'm suprised I haven't heard of this until now BOO!
Old Nov 20, 2011, 08:48 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
UPDATE After examining my heli, the right and rear servo aren't centered. They are lower on one side. I'll try rotating the gear with the heli off to center them. Maybe this will help me
Old Nov 20, 2011, 08:59 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Wow I just checked my trims, because I was guessing 5 clicks, it was 18!!!!!!! 18 forward clicks to get it back to center........ HMM....
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:01 PM
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
UPDATE After examining my heli, the right and rear servo aren't centered. They are lower on one side. I'll try rotating the gear with the heli off to center them. Maybe this will help me

that happened to me with a bunch there is no reviving those servos trust me
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:04 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Ok... I must be doing this wrong because my blades are angled way downwards... I flipped the blades, moved then at 90 dgrees from flybar. Hit thold and put it at 50% and they are like 1/2 way to being all the way downwards...
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:09 PM
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
how are the servos looking