Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:32 PM
1981 Z28 "The Wife"
Bainbridge, GA
Joined Feb 2002
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugoose View Post
servos are constantly moving as it is flybarless, electric smell?
It's probably because it's new, but I smell something while flying. As long as the twitching is normal then I'll fly it and not worry. Thanks.
leereyn is offline Find More Posts by leereyn
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:33 PM
And here..we..GO!
United States, AR, Alexander
Joined Sep 2011
182 Posts
Finally broke the tail boom on mine, only took 3 months..yeaaaaaa!!
Also broke one of the balls off my swash, I know I still have 2, but Im thinking of buying the microheli swash and eliminating that problem all around. Has anyone changed to the MH swash only, and used all the stock head components? Does it make it fly weird if I dont upgrade the other parts?
LawnDartHeli is offline Find More Posts by LawnDartHeli
Last edited by LawnDartHeli; Nov 20, 2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:49 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDartHeli View Post
Also broke one of the balls off my swash, I know I still 2, but Im thinking of buying the microheli swash and eliminating that problem all around. Has anyone changed to the MH swash only, and used all the stock head components? Dies it make it fly weird if I dont upgrade the other parts?
this video is a stock head with the swash, stock v1 boom with kbdb tail blade

Mcpx inverted indoor (cruizin) (1 min 33 sec)
Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
Old Nov 20, 2011, 01:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDartHeli View Post
Also broke one of the balls off my swash, I know I still 2, but Im thinking of buying the microheli swash and eliminating that problem all around. Has anyone changed to the MH swash only, and used all the stock head components? Dies it make it fly weird if I dont upgrade the other parts?
I have the Microheli swash and love it. The rest of the head is stock except I put one rubber head damper behind each blade grip ball/link because I had some wobbles with the higher head speed after converting to brushless.
kokopelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopelli
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 20, 2011, 01:40 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
its like paraphrasing an anology to the notorious b.i.g.

the mo motor the mo problems lol
Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
Old Nov 20, 2011, 02:45 PM
Joined Mar 2011
142 Posts
Concerning performance I don't like the KBDD blades (main rotor). I am
able to fly with them obviously but they aren't as responsive as the stock high performance blades. I tried about 6 batteries on the KBDD and then switched back and notice much more "pump" in the pitch ha. It's possible I need to add more positive pitch for the KBDD blades as I did notice that there is a small amount of space in the blade grips with the KBDD blades. Any other similar observation?
RCMattG is offline Find More Posts by RCMattG
Old Nov 20, 2011, 03:55 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMattG View Post
Concerning performance I don't like the KBDD blades (main rotor). I am
able to fly with them obviously but they aren't as responsive as the stock high performance blades. I tried about 6 batteries on the KBDD and then switched back and notice much more "pump" in the pitch ha. It's possible I need to add more positive pitch for the KBDD blades as I did notice that there is a small amount of space in the blade grips with the KBDD blades. Any other similar observation?
I'm noticing this too. I had the white kbdd main blades when I first got the heli and they seemed to work fine but then when they broke I went back to the stock and weighted blades for about 2 weeks. Then I slapped the orange kbdd blades on and it seems alot more sluggish. I'm going to weigh them right now because they are also not tracking. This might be because of my broken / glued main hub. But I'm thinking they are a little too heavy. I'm running 95% pitch travel and its still "slow" compared to the regular blades :-/.

HELP Towards the end of my flights the last 2 minutes or so my heli is way out of wack trim wise. I hope my 3axis isn't out of wack or something. I'll trim it right off the bat and it just sits there, then at the end it will drift backwards, not just a little, its MAJOR like if I didn't stop it I would be upside down................................ Well thats an exaggeration but it is major 4-5 clicks of trim to keep it steady. I'll try re-binding and all the simple stuff but if anyone else has had this prob let me know. Maybe I need a swash leveler because I noticed my push rods are bent too..
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:16 PM
Joined Mar 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
I'm noticing this too. I had the white kbdd main blades when I first got the heli and they seemed to work fine but then when they broke I went back to the stock and weighted blades for about 2 weeks. Then I slapped the orange kbdd blades on and it seems alot more sluggish. I'm going to weigh them right now because they are also not tracking. This might be because of my broken / glued main hub. But I'm thinking they are a little too heavy. I'm running 95% pitch travel and its still "slow" compared to the regular blades :-/.

HELP Towards the end of my flights the last 2 minutes or so my heli is way out of wack trim wise. I hope my 3axis isn't out of wack or something. I'll trim it right off the bat and it just sits there, then at the end it will drift backwards, not just a little, its MAJOR like if I didn't stop it I would be upside down................................ Well thats an exaggeration but it is major 4-5 clicks of trim to keep it steady. I'll try re-binding and all the simple stuff but if anyone else has had this prob let me know. Maybe I need a swash leveler because I noticed my push rods are bent too..
Let me know the weight of the blades. They have a different shape to obviously. A small spacer washer might fit in between the grip and blade to remove any "slop".

This may be stupid but is your battery staying in place or sliding back in the battery grip? I use the larger battery "tray" from Astroid Designs and the turnigy bats slide back from aggressive flight. Then balance is towards the back.
RCMattG is offline Find More Posts by RCMattG
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:21 PM
Ibs
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Apr 2009
399 Posts
Quote:

Hi,
I have flown my with badly bent servo links. The FBL controller just compensates but it does look silly when you pull the battery and the swash is wonky. However, if they are so bend that there is not sufficient servo travel then this could be your problem. Of course, it would only affect flight when you reach max servo travel so it would be very inconsistent. And of course, after the servos being jammed at full travel they might not return to normal smoothly.
Cheers, Ibs
Ibs is offline Find More Posts by Ibs
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Perschek, how bent are they? It's not hard to just eyeball it. Carefully turn the large servo gears by hand (obviously no batt) to center the slider in each servo slot and look to make sure the swashplate is level. Bend links back to "normal" as necessary to achieve as level a swashplate as you can. The two front links should have 90 degree bend angles, as a good starting point. Once the swashplate is level, check center stick for zero degrees pitch. If it's not there, start turning links in or out an equal number of turns until it is. Check everything again when powered up against TX settings before flight.

Any minute "out of level" with the swashplate will be taken care of by the AS3X FBL system, so "tune out" any gross errors beforehand. I can't imagine trying to use a swash leveler on something this small and I don't think it would make much of a difference anyway.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:44 PM
High Impact Lander
United States, ME, Gorham
Joined Oct 2011
84 Posts
Screws? In MY motor?

You know how the motor is kind of buried in these things? Well, I had my canopy off for a sec today to CA the main gear onto the main shaft because it would keep slipping down, and I saw a tiny screw attached to the motor, sideways. I looked closer, and saw a second screw a little higher up.

They were not screwed into anything, just magnetized onto it.

I found a total of 4 random tiny screws hanging on the motor, through all of it's flights, crashing, etc. Must have come from the factory that way! (I've not unscrewed anything on it yet). And yes, I did look it over very carefully to make sure nothing had become unscrewed.
jamz2233 is offline Find More Posts by jamz2233
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:49 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,720 Posts
flew mine today and well I went back to the stock non bullet blades. the KBDD just don't seem to make it as easy to flip the heli i already at 150% for negative on my radio and + is like 80% i played with trying to change %'s and all but never got it to fly like i liked. so just put other blades back on. I will fly the others sometime just think it fly better flips faster and all with stock.
love this lil guy flying my hyperion batters it fly nice for like 3 mins but then tail start to kick hard I think the tail motor is going out its moving back and forth even just inverted hovers'
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:50 PM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Quote:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468765
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Dylan, you've got mail...
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:06 PM
Joined Oct 2009
81 Posts
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3KkkqifHPE

heres the video it came from
Any chance of getting your DX6i setup? Mine is no where near that stable. Hoping its more setup than aircraft. Brushless conversion on the way. Hoping that makes a difference.
Rockytop448 is offline Find More Posts by Rockytop448