HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
Ok heres my solution to the tail motor connector failing FOR NOW I'm sure I'll end up with a different solution eventually but I think tis will do for now. Soldered to the front of board and ran the wire through my landing gear.
What's the big deal with just using the stock tail motor plug? Is there really THAT much extra resistance vice soldering to the other side of the board. I've never had a stock tail motor connector fail.
kokopelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopelli
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:46 PM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Quote:
But don't I have to remove a resistor?? (can't find the resistor anywhere, pretty positive I don't have a resistor on my steve converter, but I have no clue.... I want to solder to that point to get linear throttle but don't want to do it if it won't work. Right now I'm soldered to the front of the board motor + spot
Lots of people on HF have left the resistor and soldered to that point. I would remove it....

The resistor is most likely on the underside of the red PCB attached to your ESC. Its between the yellow wire and the - terminal that goes to the ESC, should be a black rectangular thing with the numbers 222 on it, and it probably looks like it was added after the PCB was populated.
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:49 PM
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopelli View Post
What's the big deal with just using the stock tail motor plug? Is there really THAT much extra resistance vice soldering to the other side of the board. I've never had a stock tail motor connector fail.
They hardly ever totally fail, it just becomes a higher resistance connection, and creates a voltage drop when the tail really needs the extra oomph.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
They hardly ever totally fail, it just becomes a higher resistance connection, and creates a voltage drop when the tail really needs the extra oomph.
Are you saying the connector becomes higher and higher resistance over time? If so, how does that happen if you're not plugging and unplugging it all the time?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:12 PM
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Vibration, crashes, Etc Its still higher resistance than a straight solder joint. Probably best to leave it connected, and glued as good as it was stock.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:16 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
mine takes 0 force to remove it, it literally falls out if I hold it upside down so it was time for some solution. This will work for now. I see the rectangular resistor, doesn't look like ones i've seen before. I'll have to remove the steve completely to get to it
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
mine takes 0 force to remove it, it literally falls out if I hold it upside down so it was time for some solution.
I had that problem with my mSR. Slightly bent the pins apart and never had a problem again.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:48 PM
United States, FL, Oviedo
Joined Apr 2011
203 Posts
For the tail motor connector, why not just add a dab of hot glue to almost permanently hold it in place until you want to remove it.
cgriffith is offline Find More Posts by cgriffith
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:07 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
Try upping the pitch a few points over the stock blades.
you mean up the swash % some? it did feel like I didn't have as much - as I did before with other blades they feel kinda flimsy
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:38 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Nov 2010
509 Posts
im thinking of getting the mcpx as my first cp heli. how does everyone like this heli so far?
ian145 is offline Find More Posts by ian145
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:15 AM
Indiana
Joined Feb 2007
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian145 View Post
im thinking of getting the mcpx as my first cp heli. how does everyone like this heli so far?
Is this how you do research?

Spend some time and read the multiple threads as we have
Only you know your experience level and if this chopper may be correct for you
If you have read any threads, you would know how people like it and why.
rsmheli is offline Find More Posts by rsmheli
Last edited by rsmheli; Nov 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:39 AM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Nov 2010
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmheli View Post
Is this how you do research?

Spend some time and read the multiple threads as we have
Only you know your experience level and if this chopper may be correct for you
If you have read any threads, you would know how people like it and why.
i already did some research and i haven't heard anything bad, so i was thinking it would be helpful to ask here so someone will tell me if everything is great or if it has any major problems. i would rather not read 400 pages of this thread so i was just seeing if anyone would take a little bit of time to tell me if this is a good heli.
ian145 is offline Find More Posts by ian145
Old Nov 19, 2011, 02:29 AM
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Its not a heli, its an addiction, if that tells you anything

Its probably the best first CP heli PERIOD if you already have a Spektrum TX
Old Nov 19, 2011, 02:30 AM
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
you mean up the swash % some? it did feel like I didn't have as much - as I did before with other blades they feel kinda flimsy
Exactly, Swash % is the pitch channel ATV on the MCPx
Old Nov 19, 2011, 05:24 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian145 View Post
i already did some research and i haven't heard anything bad, so i was thinking it would be helpful to ask here so someone will tell me if everything is great or if it has any major problems. i would rather not read 400 pages of this thread so i was just seeing if anyone would take a little bit of time to tell me if this is a good heli.

Well these 400 pages provide a massive focus group and many, many indervidual perspectives. Both after first purchase (flight) and after familiarity with this specific heli and the issues / joy they may have / had.

If you'd prefer to reduce this knowledge base to just a few comments..

I like the blue, red and white of the canopy. It exactly matches the other mcpx I bought..uncanny!

Yep, I'm being a smart a..
It is a nice heli but NONE are without their shortfalls. Well worth spending some time to read and see if it suits your requirement, expectation etc.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw