Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:57 PM
dze
Registered User
Joined Jan 2008
5,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
2S motors

http://www.clubheli.com/Oversky-HP08...OR_p_2835.html

http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...mart&Itemid=31

2S guide http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=341139

Any 3 amp Diode will work. There is a .7 volt drop through the diode. Its a proven method for dropping BEC voltage down to 1S voltage when running a 2 cell brushless setup on the AR6400 in UM planes.
awesome, thanks for the info ...
dze is offline Find More Posts by dze
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:07 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dze View Post
awesome, thanks for the info ...
****drooollssss**** why'd you have to go and show us that...
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:10 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
I've decided to direct solder my tail motor wires. I've got enough length in case I have to cut and resolder new motors on. I'm just torn on removing the connector and soldering to back of pcb, OR leaving the connector and soldering to front of pcb....... Any suggestions dylan or anyone whos done this. The connector is worn out probably from tinning the male connectors and shoving them in..

I just started to read on people changing the mosfets on the pcb, when and why are people doing this do they just wear out after awhile?? I hope I never have to do this! Those things are tiny
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:25 PM
Registered User
Stugoose's Avatar
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
have u ever seen my youtube vid where i replace the,
Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:35 PM
.................
Dylwad's Avatar
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
I've decided to direct solder my tail motor wires. I've got enough length in case I have to cut and resolder new motors on. I'm just torn on removing the connector and soldering to back of pcb, OR leaving the connector and soldering to front of pcb....... Any suggestions dylan or anyone whos done this. The connector is worn out probably from tinning the male connectors and shoving them in..

I just started to read on people changing the mosfets on the pcb, when and why are people doing this do they just wear out after awhile?? I hope I never have to do this! Those things are tiny
Removing the connector can be a chore if your not good at the micro soldering. I have gone to the dual tail FET using the main FET's, with the signal wire passing through the board, 24 gauge Silver teflon insulated wire leads soldered to the main motor plug (which is now the tail output) with micro bullets. changing booms is easy now and there are no wires wrapping around the main board (except the motor leads)

Burnt tail FET's are pretty much always from having the tail motor wires short to each other.

Dylan

I figured out a slick way to turn the C05M into a 2S motor, put the magnet bell from the 3700KV C05M on it, and you get exactly half the KV I will definitely be playing around with it soon.

C05M 11,500KV has 6 magnets, 3700KV has 12.
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:36 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugoose View Post
have u ever seen my youtube vid where i replace the,
yes I watched it but do they just burn out every now and again or something?? Is it pretty noticeable when they do
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:38 PM
.................
Dylwad's Avatar
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
BTW I have never burnt an FET on any of my MCPx's (knock on wood)
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:43 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
yes I watched it but do they just burn out every now and again or something?? Is it pretty noticeable when they do
Yes I have mcpx hypochondria. Someone has a problem I think I'm going to have it
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:49 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
Removing the connector can be a chore if your not good at the micro soldering. I have gone to the dual tail FET using the main FET's, with the signal wire passing through the board, 24 gauge Silver teflon insulated wire leads soldered to the main motor plug (which is now the tail output) with micro bullets. changing booms is easy now and there are no wires wrapping around the main board (except the motor leads)

Burnt tail FET's are pretty much always from having the tail motor wires short to each other.

Dylan

I figured out a slick way to turn the C05M into a 2S motor, put the magnet bell from the 3700KV C05M on it, and you get exactly half the KV I will definitely be playing around with it soon.

C05M 11,500KV has 6 magnets, 3700KV has 12.
I have had thoughts about doing the bullet connectors as well thats an awesome idea. I don't have the capabilities to use the main motor plug because i have the steve and not the aeo like you. Don't know what to solder to get your same results. I'm probably going to solder to the front of the board and use bullet connectors attatched to the main frame where the boom meats to have a "quick" change as well I think thats an awesome idea, as much as I change my tail
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:52 PM
.................
Dylwad's Avatar
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Thesteve solders to the same spot as the AEO to get 100% throttle linearity.

In fact, Thesteve and the AEO converter work exactly the same for all intensive purposes.
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:56 PM
.................
Dylwad's Avatar
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
flew my kbdd mains today with my hyperion battery the battery is great 4 mins and only used 120mah out of it. the blades, well there okay but i was expecting much better flight. i think the stock mains fly a lil better but will give some more flights to decide for sure
Try upping the pitch a few points over the stock blades.
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:57 PM
Registered User
Stugoose's Avatar
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
many a mcp ago i was the same way,
Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:58 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
But don't I have to remove a resistor?? (can't find the resistor anywhere, pretty positive I don't have a resistor on my steve converter, but I have no clue.... I want to solder to that point to get linear throttle but don't want to do it if it won't work. Right now I'm soldered to the front of the board motor + spot
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:37 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Sneak peak! New horizon hobby secret helicopter!!!!!!!!!!

Ok heres my solution to the tail motor connector failing FOR NOW I'm sure I'll end up with a different solution eventually but I think tis will do for now. Soldered to the front of board and ran the wire through my landing gear.

Top secret BLADE helicopter project sneak peak! Could this be the 120cp!?
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:40 PM
Registered User
Stugoose's Avatar
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
are u for real? is there a secret!!!
Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade mCP X BNF Heli... ChuckTseeker Micro Helis 15402 Jul 20, 2014 09:37 PM
Discussion Blade mCP X Discuss anything thread A Rdnek Micro Helis 457 Jul 26, 2011 11:34 PM
Discussion The New BLADE mCP X Has Arrived... ChuckTseeker Electric Heli Talk 38 Mar 27, 2011 07:35 PM
Discussion new blade mcp X anyone know anything new. epoweredrc Atlanta Area RC 6 Mar 16, 2011 08:14 PM
Discussion Blade mCP x - strictly on topic Q and A thread jdog83 Micro Helis 58 Feb 07, 2011 02:28 PM