SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
I can't wait for the X, thinking about turning mine into a X maybe. Flybar to flybarless seems so much slower I used to own and fly the B400 but not with stock electronics this 450 is all stock. check out my other utube videos got one from today of my 450 flying
I thought you said you were so broke that you couldn't buy anything when I linked you to an in-stock $7.50 stock mCP X frame.
kokopelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopelli
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:51 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
I disagree on the stock gear. I've had nothing but trouble with them as far as breaking in crashes. I've gone through 5 or so, but now that I have the MIA TUFF which I believe he changed the construction on from previous versions.. They are holding up great. Too bad they are so expensive. Which I could find the tubing he used and make my own, Its the same consistency as a bic pen just smaller diameter. super strong and they look way better than stock IMO...
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:54 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
I have a set of stock gear that I dunked in plasti-dip and they are super strong, it also has two tiny strips of CF rod on the breaking points, but still like the MIA for now..

Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:21 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
I just flew my new 6" v3 tail at 85% with no blowout..... Head bogs at 85% now though :-/ finally found a good tail combo. It looks like a much larger heli in the air since the boom is 6" long! Flies great, still piros at good rate and the best thing of all is that it holds 100% no worries. Thanks to whoever stated a 6" boom with stock motor is the way to go.. Mucho better than 120sr motor in my opinion.

I'm thinking of ordering a hp05 just for sh*ts and giggles. Verry happy with my c05 it does everything I want but just want to know what "the other side" is like ;-)

really want an aftermarket frame
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:56 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
I remember when i used to care about how mine flew, now mine flies good and i am so tired of fixing them and with little avail getting them to where i want it, Mine right now is where i want it
Stugoose is offline Find More Posts by Stugoose
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugoose View Post
I remember when i used to care about how mine flew, now mine flies good and i am so tired of fixing them and with little avail getting them to where i want it, Mine right now is where i want it
You do still care how it flies. If it didn't "fly good", you'd be fixing it, right? We all would with ours.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:00 PM
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
yeah but i no longer have the patience, nor desire so to speak, i will end up doing it, but mine is good now and i probably wont go crazy flying anymore for fear of messing it up for the next little while
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
yeah but i no longer have the patience, nor desire so to speak, i will end up doing it, but mine is good now and i probably wont go crazy flying anymore for fear of messing it up for the next little while
I hear ya. I just broke mine last week right after the brushless conversion.

Fortunately, it was just the throttle signal wire coming loose from the connector and it's easily fixed. I suspect it was shoddy workmanship from WOW Hobbies as they assembled the PNP kit. The "crash" wasn't even that hard. I'm waiting on a new soldering station I ordered from Amazon so I can do it right and solder it directly to the board. My old Radio Shack iron pretty beat up and the tip is way too big anyway.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:31 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopelli View Post

Fortunately, it was just the throttle signal wire coming loose from the connector and it's easily fixed. I suspect it was shoddy workmanship from WOW Hobbies as they assembled the PNP kit. The "crash" wasn't even that hard. I'm waiting on a new soldering station I ordered from Amazon so I can do it right and solder it directly to the board. My old Radio Shack iron pretty beat up and the tip is way too big anyway.
Mine came undone yesterday and I didn't even crash. the solder job wasn't good. I took the whole pin out and soldered it to the other pin for now. Working just fine. I was scared because everything looked good and then it would spool up for about .5 second and just stop and not start again only the tail would start

then I tugged on it a tad and it just fell off.

Resoldered and its working great again until I can solder it directly.

My heli is perfect now. Just messing with her apperance no longer messing with the setup.

It's funny once I went brushless and MIA upgrades I haven't had the usual shake problem or anything mechanical. Thats what was holding me back before is feathering shafts slop in the head etc. Finally replaced all the weak parts I think lol. Love the mcpx tons of fun, and the best part is tinkering, I love fixing problems if I have the parts and tools to do so. Sometimes I take it apart just for fun

We wouldn't call it a hobby if we could just go out every day and fly with out having to do the nitty gritty. I would love to have a shop with just r/c parts up the ying yang. Drawers and drawers of different parts. I could come up with some pretty cool things I bet :-) And my ideal shop would have all the expensive equipment to make parts as well, out of all different materials. Oh what a dream that would be! If I ever win the lottery this is what I'm doing. Buying some land somewhere geographically where there is little wind and rain. Putting a full r/c runway in and having my shop filled to the brim with r/c stuff and machinery to produce parts.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
Mine came undone yesterday and I didn't even crash. the solder job wasn't good. I took the whole pin out and soldered it to the other pin for now. Working just fine. I was scared because everything looked good and then it would spool up for about .5 second and just stop and not start again only the tail would start

then I tugged on it a tad and it just fell off.
That's exactly what happened with mine only I broke the tail, too. Stupid exposed 120SR tail motor wire broke right at the bend where it went around the motor cage.

The weird thing with mine was it spooled up just fine at the field after the crash. I was going to fly again but, obviously, it was spinning around on the ground and that's when I discovered the micro break in the tail motor wire. But, the main motor seemed fine. Later that evening, I decided to throw the stock motor/boom on to make sure it still flew fine and that's when the motor was "dead". I very gently pulled on the yellow throttle wire and it slid out of the insulation with zero force. Even Dylan commented on WOW Hobby's shoddy workmanship. At least it's an easy fix. When I get my proper soldering station, I'll cut out the connector from the ESC to the 3-in-1 board and solder those wires directly, too.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:55 PM
Joined Jul 2011
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopelli View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Rx3lYyTUY

and your point is about the beat up r shack iron lol
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:55 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Are you going to solder it directly to the motor port where you plug it in normally? Or take out the resistor and plug it in the other location? I prefer being able to take it out easily but I'm still not sure. I'll wait until I have another problem with the connector before I do any soldering to the main board. Working great now, thinking of dropping a hp05 and cf main frame in my shopping basket and just keep pouring money into this heli lol. I should just leave it as is, but I have too much fun upgrading this thing. I love the way it flies. Pretty soon you won't even be able to call it a mcpx it will be a whole new breed.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
and your point is about the beat up r shack iron lol
Yes, BEAT UP. Heck, I've used it to melt plastic when I didn't know any better and I've had it for like 20 years. It's time for a new one. And I just wanted a new, proper soldering station with adjustable temperature.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
Are you going to solder it directly to the motor port where you plug it in normally? Or take out the resistor and plug it in the other location?
I'm not sure what you mean. Mine doesn't have a resistor unless it's on the The Steve end. I'm just planning to pull the stock main motor plug and solder the yellow signal wire directly to the board through the left hole. I know it will work because I tested it by touching the stripped end of the yellow wire to the backside of the board at the proper point. Spooled up same as usual.

Quote:
Pretty soon you won't even be able to call it a mcpx it will be a whole new breed.
True, but I'm still pretty stock aside from the BL conversion. Just a metal swashplate and larger battery holder on the stock skids. Flies great and no shakes/wobbles since installing an extra head damper over the ball on each blade grip.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 06:25 PM
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Dec 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita View Post
Hello
I need some help from the Mcpx experts!
I had a crash earlier today trying some loops and rolls and now the tail will start spinning way before the main...then starts going in circles...when the main starts the whole heli flips to the side!
I cant find anything wrong after inspecting the heli, but I dont know anything about helicopters so some help would be nice....
Im guessing maybe a bent main shaft?....
Mine did something kinda like this and it was a bad main board.
Yeti1234 is offline Find More Posts by Yeti1234